Hate, Love, and Sex Appeal

Romance Film Propaganda

"Megs, this is Logan Poot, Mac, and Jade. Guys, this is my cousin Megs."
They all greeted her with handshakes and hellos.
Meg looked up at me when she shook Logan's hand and shot me an approving glance slyly.
"Hey Bri, come're I wanna show you something. We'll catch you guys later," said Logan.
"Kay. Catch you guys later."
He took my hand and lead me through lines and in between rides.
"So where we going?"
"You'll see."
A few minutes of scurrying around and passing through various lines.

"Tada!"
There was a stage and a pretty decent band was on it. The large speakers were blasting out the insane tunes and there were small lights surrounding the stage.
"Local bands come here and play and you're really into music...so I figured you'd like hearing unsigned bands."
My face lit up with sheer excitement.
"Wow, thanks, Logan, that's so cool," I exclaimed.

You know those goofy grins you simply can't let die? One of those grins you wear when you're watching a cheesy romance movie, when the guys says something cute to the girl and they kiss. Even though I felt like I was living in that movie, that's the kind of grin that was pasted onto my face.
He smiled, obviously pleased with himself, and asked, "Wanna dance?"
Suddenly, and actually very fittingly, a slow song erupted from the band and you could see couples dancing everywhere. I shrank away in shyness.
"Confession..I uh..don't laugh..I um. I dunno how to," I said.
"Oh man, do I have to teach ya everything? C'mon, everyone can dance. It's all in the beat," said Logan as he escorted me to the dance floor.

"You must think I'm a complete ditz, I can't do anything," I joked.
"No way. It's cool. I feel special getting to teach you all this stuff."
I beamed up at him.
"Alright. Here's what you do. Put your hands around my neck and I hold you here."
I did as I was instructed as he rested his hands around my waist.
"Okay and I just lead you with my feet."

He pulled me closer and we started dancing together.
"Good thing I don't have big feet."
"Naw, you're doing great," he encouraged.
It was a really good song, nice lyrics to a very well combination of a tune.
I rested my head on Logan's chest along with my hands and he held my closer as the tune hummed on.
I didn't meet guys like Logan often. The guys I was used to were so much different. I think I could actually trust this kid. I don't know what Gerard was thinking. I really don't understand why the hell he didn't like him.
The song slowly silenced and everyone started to clap.
"Hey, they were really good!"
"Yeah, they've been here often. I think they have a chance. Alright ready to find everyone?"
"Yeah, sure."
An arm sneaked its way around my shoulders. I smiled, leaned in closer and put my arm around his waist.
"I'm glad I met you."
"Yeah, me too."

Yep. I'm living out a cheesy romance film.