Hate, Love, and Sex Appeal

Testing Boundaries

Gerard’s P.O.V

I don’t understand what just happened. All I did was make her say please, is it really that hard? But she looked so sad; her eyes just give her right away. You could always tell by her eyes. When she was upset about something, they were so distant and a lighter shade of hazel, almost green. I’ve known since I was...what? Like five? I don’t fucking understand why she had to get all hard-assed about it…

Oh shit. That’s what I did. Her brother.
God…I’m such an idiot…

I forgot her brother called her that. I mean, I’m mean to her but most of the time I really don’t mean to hurt her like that. She was always so close with him and she always felt so guilty about not being able to do anything. I can’t believe I forgot.

I stepped up on the creaky wooden stairs and my conscience finally did me in.
Great, now she’s got me feeling so goddamn guilty. Fuck her. Here comes the part I hated the most…apologizing. I didn’t do it often with her but I guess I should or else I will go to hell…Maybe that’s not such a bad idea… No…no…fuckk…I have to.

“Look Bri...I’m-“
“Shut up and keep walking, I don’t want to hear it.”
“I just wanted to-“
“Look, did you hear me? Just drop it!”

Her eyes were like daggers. Man, if looks could kill I’d be dead a hundred times over. She always got so damn defensive when she got upset. Another lesson from Brianna 101.

“Fine!” I raised my voice.

Fuck it. I was trying to say sorry and she was biting my fucking head off! Why was she so goddamn stubborn? I was actually attempting to be nice and she wouldn’t let me.

I heatedly jogged the rest of the way up the stairs and out the back door to where all of the cooked food was. I turned around and Brianna had started off the other way.
Where the hell is she off to?
I took my over-stuffed plate and began to stealthily follow her. I don’t know why maybe it’s just because I’m nosy and I loved to bug the shit out of her, who knows?
She stopped at the tree in her front yard and began to climb up to the old tree house that she, her brother and her dad had built. She was always into that type of stuff she wasn’t a normal child. I’m actually surprised that thing has lasted so long. Half of me wished that the pile of junk would crumble right now taking her down with it. All problems solved.

I began climbing with one hand, I’m telling you that’s goddamn talent right there. I quietly opened the door and hauled myself in and sat down. This thing was actually half way descent. I mean I really don’t mind mess but you could tell she was up here often. She was just sitting in the corner, flipping through some shitty tattered book.

“I’m sorry,” I blurted out, probably scaring her.
There…I said it…happy?

“Go jump out the window,” she simply stated as she flipped another page over.
“How’d you know I followed you?”
She looked up and gave me that death glare with those defensive eyes and tugged a black sweatshirt on.
“You’re louder then a drunk elephant. Now leave.”
“No,” I said, sticking up my nose, chowing down on my food. I should have left but I like testing boundaries.

Damn this girl was a time bomb. I had set her off. She could scream louder then a banshee.
“Go the fuck away! I don’t want you anywhere near me. God, I can’t get away from you!”
I smirked and replied, “Ah, well…I’m not so much the God, but a god nonetheless but you can call me Gerard.”
She inhaled deeply and stormed off growling after placing the book down in a department of the floor. She pushed past me nearly knocking me all the way over as she let herself out and down the tree.

I waited until she quickly stomped off to find what she had been looking at. Half smiling at my success in driving her off. I carefully pulled up the floorboard [a/n: hahaha…sorry, that part reminded me of part of an Alkaline Trio song…Private Eye…now I have to go listen to it.] and lifted the dingy book out from all the sticky spider webs.

I carefully opened it. The pictures had faded but were still clear as a bell. Her brother and her. Most of them were anyway. I was surprised to find myself in a few pictures. I guess she didn’t burn them after all…she had told me she would. I could always take them out and let them curl in flame, but that would be cruel. There was one of myself crying I looked about nine or ten. I remember that, actually. She had has hit me for, I think, ripping her favorite sweatshirt. I was actually trying to make it smaller…actually…that was the same sweatshirt she had just put on.

I grinned and quietly laughed to myself. That day was still so fresh, as if it happened yesterday instead of eight years ago.

It had been maybe a half an hour since I let her cool down so I decided to go find her. Pressing my luck of having my jaw intact…again. I placed the memory book back where I had found it and placed the floorboard back as well. I scarfed down the rest of my food and carefully climbed back down the thick tree trunk and head towards the backyard. Everyone was back there, so I figured it was a good place to go.

My P.O.V

I ate the rest of my macaroni salad as I sat close to the blazing fire. The devil in all his glory took long strides in through the back yard gate.
Where the hell has he been…
I got up and threw my garbage out as peels of laughter came from over on the patio where most of the family sat. Mikey and Frankie were on the patio as well but on the other side throwing small sticks at each other.

My cousin, Meg, I called her ‘Shoe’, [a/n: That’s actually my nickname for me and my cousin, I call her ‘Fish’.] was playing with the fire. She tossed in crunchy leaves and watched them coil and burn with jet-black smoke.
We had been watching my twelve-year-old cousin for some time now. My aunt and uncle had gone off the wrong course and fucked with her life. Eventually, their mistakes led them to early graves and we had taken little Megs in. She was like my little sister and she considered me an older sister. We had grown so close that I tell her everything. She’s pretty mature for her age. You would think she would freak out to the things I tell her but she’s understanding and tries to help me anyway she can. She’s so awesome.

“Hey Shoe.”
She instantly looked up, realizing she had been caught in the act and grinned.
“Hey Banana.” [a/n: Yep another nickname.]
“Whatcha up to?” I asked in a bored tone.
“Nothing. Just being a rebel child and playing with fire. Torturing dead leaves,” she replied simply.

“She has your sense of humor, unfortunately.”
That voice as like nails on the blackboard. Gerard places himself next to me and crossed his legs.
“Hey Meggy,” he said, in a sugary sweet tone.
“Hi Gerard,” she replied as she looked up and flashed him a quick smile before resuming her activities.

He’s so nice to everyone else. However, he loves torturing me. He’s such an awful fuck. I don’t know how we got to hate each other but we had hated each other for as long as I can remember. I’ve got loads of reasons to hate that kid. A list that would continue through eternity. I fucking hated him for it too. People think in odd ways as well. They think I actually like him. What the hell? Like him? No fucking way would that ever happen. Never. I’d rather carve my heart out with a rigid knife. If there was one thing we actually agreed on it was our passion of hating each other. The accusations people make are pointless.

“Oh you guys are here!” My mom exclaimed.
“Unfortunately, yes,” I muttered under my breath.

I snagged a look behind her and looked at our parents. They were all grinning as if in anticipation while looking up at my mom.
What the hell? Is she pregnant or something? Why are they all smiling like that? Whenever they smile like that it means nothing good.

“I’ve got great news!”