Hate, Love, and Sex Appeal

Running Home When a Thought Bubble Bursts

Gerard's P.O.V.

Maybe that was a mistake...
...
Okay, maybe that was a really bad mistake. Yes, I knew what I was doing. Well, seriously, why would you blame me? I know curiosity killed the cat but it's got nine other lives, right? I was curious to know if she'd kiss me back or not. She did. I probably should have gained a bit of trust from her first. Maybe I shouldn't have harassed her afterwards. She went off with Frankie a while ago. She trusted that kid with everything. I didn't know how he did it.

...

Scratch that. I did know how he did it. He was nice to her and he'd listen to her, he understood her. He'd talk to her and she'd listen to him. She always turned to him and he'd always listen and he could always make her smile. I was a bit jealous, you know? How they were able to just click like that. We shared similar thoughts, me and Frankie. He didn't like Logan either. His exact words, you can quote me if you'd like, were' Man, I was she could see the way that guys looks at her when she isn't looking' and 'he should get his fucking dirty hands offa her'. He just wanted her to be happy. I didn't want to see her get hurt.

Yes, fucking God, she's beginning to grow on me, I mean, it's still fun to harass her but I liked it better when she'd smile and shove something witty back in my face. I never really looked at her before. When she said that stuff about how beautiful sunrises were and how I shouldn't let their beauty pass me by, I thought of her. As strange as that may seem.
I really didn't want her to hate me. Ah...but I think she does. I really didn't want her to feel like that. I never thought so much of a strong emotion could come from such a little girl.

My P.O.V

"It looks like the clouds are about to burst open," said Frankie, looking up.
"Yeah," I sighed, "Guess we should head back."
Frankie gripped my hand as we began walking.
"Hey Frank?"
"Yes?"
"What would you say if..uh..let's say me for argument's sake, let's say I started to make out with you? Out of nowhere?"
"Oh...well...that's known to have happened," said Frank, smirking.

Me and Frankie were best friends. Yes, we've made out a few times. A couple times were dares, other times it was just the heat of the moment, and others just happened. But it wasn't big, I mean it meant something...but not like boyfriend/girlfriend. I guess you could call it best friend love. We didn't use each other...and I guess if we did it wouldn't really matter anyway.

"No..not what I meant. What would you do if you were me?"
"I could answer that in a really dirty way but I won't. Well..if I were you...ah hmm, let me think."
We slowly walked back towards the stairs.
"Hey Bri! Frankie!"
I looked over at the beach and grinned.
"Hey Logan."

"Hey, would you guys wanna meet up later at the pier at seven-ish? With or without rain?"
I looked over at Frankie who closed his eyes, frowned, and slightly nodded.
"Yeah, sure, just us?"
"Ah, naw, you could bring everybody if ya want. See you guys later, gotta run."
"Alright, see ya later."

"Okay, back to the question. If I were you...I dunno if I'd trust Logan."
I shot him a quizzical look and said, "Why not?"
"I don't know, just something about him. I mean, that's only if I were you....which I'm not. I'm not telling you who to trust. I just don't want you to get hurt, ya know? Gee doesn't either."
"You talk with your hands a lot. You're Italian right? Gerard man..wait. Hold on...how do you know he cares?"

A scared look etched itself into place on his face.
"Uh, I said that out loud?"
"You know something I don't." I accused.
"No. You can tell by the way he looks at you."
"You may be quick on your feet, buddy, but I already caught ya."
"Race you home."

He released my hand and charged home.
"Hey, you're so cheap!"

I got up the stairs and Frank was already sitting in a chair next to Gerard.
"Hey, Bri baby, what took you so long?"
His smirk swam across his entire face.
"You're a brat." I laughed and avoided eye contact with Gerard as I went into the house.