Hate, Love, and Sex Appeal

Human Straight-Jacket

It was around twelve-ish so I went to see if Megs or Mikey were up. Mikey wasn't in his room and I was already upstairs. The lazy bum that I am had no desire to go back downstairs in search of a person. Even if that person was my Mike-n-ike.
"Oh, hey, Bri," said Megs, bumping into me.
"Hey, I'm bored. Wanna hang in my room for a bit to cool off and then go into town?"
"Yeah, sure, sounds like fun."

We walked into the room and were greeted by a blast of cool air. It was so muggy out, I don't know why I had this sweatshirt on in the first place. I tossed it off and spread myself across the floor as Meg hopped onto the bed.
"Ahh, coolness," I sighed.
"So where we going into town?"
"I dunno. Maybe somewhere for food, check out all the small shops."

Without warning, Gerard stumbled into the room.
His eyes danced all around me.
"What are you doing?"
"Breathing, laying on the floor, talking to Megs, breathing some more."
"Hey Gerard, wanna come into town with us?"

I sat up, my mouth agape with complete shock. My eyes bolted from Megan to Gerard, who was wearing a small sneer.
"Yeah, sure, Megs, I'd love to."
"Oh great. I'm disappointed in ya, Meg," I huffed out as I laid back down.
"Hey, Megs, could you give me and Bri, a few minutes alone?"
"Yeah, of course. Meet you guys downstairs."

"Does she really have to leave? I mean, you can't say whatever you need to in front of her?" I asked as I removed myself on the floor and onto the bed.
Meg opened the door and proceeded to go out it and closed it back up again.

Gerard leaned up against the wall opposite of the bed.
"I'd apologize but I'm not sorry for what I did."
I put my back against the wall and laced my fingers together.
"Uhm..alright and you couldn't say that in front of Meg because...."
"Because I didn't want to."
"So why'd you do it?"
"Wha--"
"Why'd you kiss me? You obviously don't regret it, otherwise you'd be sorry."
"Okay, fine. If I answer your question will you answer mine?"
"Depends on your question."

I knew what his question was but I didn't want to give him the honest answer. It would be exactly what he wanted to hear.
"You already, know my question. But I wanted to see what you'd do and you kissed me back. Why?"
"Because you wouldn't let me go if I hadn't."
"Do you regret it?"

That was the question I knew was coming up.

I shrugged my shoulders as I got up and went over to the door. Gerard, however, was too quick.
"Uh-uh, no way, you're not getting away that easily, dollface. Why can't you just answer? It's simple, really."
He stared down at me and crossed his arms, his figure completely blocking the door.
"Move."
"No."
"Move."
"No."
"Move."
He chuckled and replied, "Nope."
"Move.
"No way."
"Move?"
"No."
"Okay."

I went over to the window and opened it.
"And where the hell do you think you're going?"

When I was walking around the house the other day I noticed that my room had a fire escape route. You'd walk across the roof and where the house reached a stop, you'd look down to find a ladder-type fence against the wall.
"Out the window."
"Because I asked you a question?"
"No...because you won't move away from the door."

I went to climb out but he caught me and pulled me back in before I ever got out.
"You don't regret it, do you. You just don't want to admit it," accused Gerard as he held me from behind. He had captured my arms with his own and rested his chin on my shoulders as he bent over and leaned down on me. He had my hands in his and he held them around my stomach.

Trapped in a human straight jacket with no escape route.

I squirmed but that only caused him to hold on tighter.
"You know, I can make you admit it."
"Oh yeah?"
"Yes."
"Yeah, how?"
"Well," he whispered into my ear, "I could do what I did last night. If you don't remember...I could get you on the bed, and trap you underneath me, and hold you down and then--"

"Fine!" I said, rather loudly.
"Fine what?"
"I admit it! I don't fucking regret it. There, are you happy?"
He let me go and replied, "That's all ya hadda say."

Shock forged its way down my face.
"You're not hold it over on me? Or say 'oh haha I got you good.'?"
He frowned for a second as he answered, "Nope."
He shook his head and as he grabbed the door handle he said, "Oh..and FYI....I don't regret it, either."
He opened the door and continued to walk out of it. I followed. And as I closed the door, I said, "You are so confusing, Gerard Way."
He simply smiled as he continued his way down the stairs.