Hate, Love, and Sex Appeal

Never Too Old to Dress Up

"Hey Megs, ready?" Gerard asked as he reached the last creaky step.
"Yeah, let's go," said Meg with her hand on the brass handle.
I stepped down the last step and he held out the door for me.

"So, where do you guys wanna go?" I asked, casually stuffing my hands in my jean shorts pocket as we walked down the cracked sidewalk.
"Well I haven't seen much of the town, so I really don't know what there is to do here," said Gerard as he walked besides me.
"It's a nice town, I've been around it a few times," I said as I looked down at my crooked feet.
"Oh yeah? Maybe you could...you know...show me around?"
I quickly glanced up to find him looking at me and I went back down to staring at my feet.
"Yeah...I mean, if you want."
Megs chimed in," Yeah, let's go to the music shop first."

It was an old shop that still carried records and record players along with cd's. I liked it mainly because it felt so old fashioned. It had a checkered floor and a black and white juke box wedged in the corners. Three rows of cd's and records and others records lined the sides of the sky blue wall. Some Elvis posters had been thrown up as well.
"It's so old-fashioned, it's awesome," said Gerard in awe.
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome," I said to him.
He looked over with an embarrassed glance. Guess I wasn't suppose to hear him. I grinned as soon as I turned my head away.

We scurried from shop to shop for hours. I loved the little random shops that they had here. There was this one shop we went into that sold stained glass and shells. The art work of the stained glass was beautiful and unlike anything I'd ever seen. The shells were amazing too, I could only hope to paint as well as whoever the artist was. We went into a thrift shop type place where they sold old fashioned clothes and such. It was completely vacant.
"Uhm, sir....do you have a changing room? By an chance?" Meg asked the man sitting behind the counter.
The bored middle aged man looked up from his golf magazine and said, "Yeah, in the back."

Meg went right over to a rack of clothes.
"Hey Gee, dare ya to wear this," said Megs, holding out a lumpy piss yellow dress with a matching bonnet.
"Haha, yeah right," said Gerard sarcastically as he looked up from shifting some ancient-looking clothes from one side to the other side of the rack.
"Yeah, I dare ya," said Megs again.
I laughed along and said, "Yeah, do it."
He looked over at me with a questionable stare and replied," You really wanna see me in that?"
I raised my eyebrows in curiosity.
"You'd do it?"
"Only...if you wear..."

He pushed a ton of dusty looking clothes hanging on the metallic bar to the side. His eyes widened and suddenly looked over at me when he found what he was looking for. He looked at me from my head all the way down to my feet. His grin stretched wildly across his pale face.
"--this."

I expected a frumpy old dress that looked like it would, have been owned by a lady with a thousand cats or splattered with something ghastly looking. However, this was nothing close to my expectations.
"That?" Gerard, I--"
"I'll get in that dress," said Gerard, as he pointed over to Megan, "if you get in this."
"I don't wear--"
"Oh, come on, don't be a wimp. Just do it."
"Please, Bri? I wanna see him wear this.,' begged Meg.
"I am not a wimp," I said as I narrowed my eyes and took the article of clothing out from his hands. He smirked. He knew I'd wear it by saying that. I, once again, had done exactly what he wanted.
Megan giggled as she handed the poorly made dress over to Gerard. We made our way to the back and found the changing cubicles.

"Good luck."
"Same to you."

I locked the ashy gray door behind me. I slowly removed my shoes, pants, and shirt. Then I slid my dare on but couldn't zip the back up.
"You done?" Gerard asked from right outside my stall.
"Um...yeah."
"You sound really unsure," laughed Gerard.
"Well...I kinda can't--" I sighed as I still attempted to reach my back.
"Zipper? I'll do it."
"Ya can't peak, though."
"So I'll close my eyes and zip it up. You can't peak, either."

I unlocked the door slowly and insecurely. I opened it up and closed my eyes. I turned and said,
"Alright, I'm out."
He placed his hands gently on my waist and felt for the zipper. I think he peaked because he found the zipper awfully quick. He zipped it up slowly and said, "Ready? On the count of three....one...two...three."

I turned around and opened my eyes. I nearly wet myself at the sight of Gerard Way in an old woman's frumpy yellow dress and bonnet.
"Oh wow...uh."
His eyes darted all over, up, down, and back up again.
"What? I look that bad?"
"You...uh--"
"Oh my God, Brianna, that dress is amazing," said Megs, her eyes in awe as she turned the corner.

The dress ended at my ankles. The top was white with loose sleeves that fell down the shoulders. The pearly white ended just below where the bra line would. The torso had lines down it and was a musty black with a white sash that laved around my hips. The rest was black as well and it was silky smooth. The ends looked shredded and it was a tad bit poofy.
Gerard had yet to respond.

Megan took a single look over at Gerard and burst out hysterically laughing.
"Oh, that's too good. You two, come here."
"I'm not going out there!"
"Oh don't be chicken," I said to him with a smirk.

We followed her to the front of the store. Gerard was extremely hesitant.
"Hey counter guy, whaddya think?"
He looked up over his magazine and did a comical double take.
"Megan," whispered Gerard, in a completely embarrassed tone. Something I had never heard.

"The chick, of course, by a long shot. Dude, you lose a bet?" The guy smiled over at Gerard.
"Sorta. I hadda get her in that dress somehow," responded Gerard, nodding over at me.
"Ah- that your girl?” asked the man.
"What? No," said me and Gerard simultaneously.
"Oh--" said the man, nodding his head, understanding.

Gerard went straight to the back and I followed after him. He was already in his stall but I could still hear him when he said, "You know...you pull that dress off quite nicely."
I smiled as I slid the dress off and said," Ah, you pull that one of quite brilliantly."

I hung the dress on a hanger and quickly redressed myself. I finished a few minutes later, took the dress, and exited the stall. Gerard came out at the same time, holding his bulky dress. I scoffed and went out before him.
He playfully shoved me and said, "Shut it."

I went to put the dress back, however, before it ever reached the bar, Gerard snatched it out of my hands.
"You are not putting that away," said Gerard simply.
"Well, now that you've grabbed it out of my hand, I can't."
He walked away, still clutching the dress. I found Meg, who was over by a rack of old suits.
"Hey, you ready to go, Shoe?"
"Yeah, sure thing, Fish. Gerard?"
"I'll be there in a sec. You guys can wait outside, if you wanna."

Meg looked over at me and I shrugged as I walked out of the store. I sat down on the cold pavement and Meg joined me. A few minutes later, the door opened and shut again.
"Hey, ready to go?"
"Yes, sir."

We jumped up and I was taken back. I said, Gerard, what'd you--"
He held a gray bag with the store named bordered across it. Then my thoughts arranged themselves.
"Oh tell me you didn't."
"What? Oh, this....I thought I'd look good in it."
He began walking and me and Megan looked at each other and followed. We went in the direction of the house.
"I feel like ice cream," said Megs as she spotted a parlor a little ways down.
"Eh, sure, It's on the way, anyway." I said.
"Sounds good," said Gerard.

We walked along the sidewalk and entered the quaint shop.
I love the smell of ice cream shops. We walked in and a hint of cool air tingled my skin. The sky outside had grown extremely dark and you could see clumps of seagulls flying around in the sky. We ordered and exited the shop rather quickly in order to get home.

"So Gerard, how do you like the town?" Meg asked as she carefully picked a pink sprinkle off the side of her waffle cone.
"I like it, actually. It's small but there's a lot to do here," said Gerard as we walked back to the pool area where we heard Mikey and Frank.

"Hey guys," said Frank as we walked into the pool area.
"Hey."
"Ick. Gerard, How do you eat that?" I finally questioned as he licked the side of his double chocolate double scoop cone.

You might find this strange but I think there's such a thing as too much chocolate. Personally, I prefer anything sweet candy rather then chocolate. Looking at him eat that...I didn't understand who could enjoy that without gagging. Don't get me wrong, I liked chocolate but only in small doses.

"This?" He asked while holding up his cone.
"Yeah...that. It's too much chocolate," I said as I took a chunk out of my double scoop mint chocolate chip cone.
"No way, it's a piece of heaven. Try it."
"Mm-mm" I refused as he held the cone close to my face.
"Oh come on, it's not bad. Try it."
"No way."

Out of the blue, he smeared some on my face when I turned. Now my nose and lips were covered in chocolate ice cream.
"No, you didn't."
"Yeah, I did."

I pushed some of my ice cream into his face before he could move.

"Uh-oh," said Mikey

Well...you can only imagine how that turned out. I was in hysterics and covered in chocolate ice cream. The sticky goo covered my clothes and my entire body. He looked way worse though. We were still shoving each other and I had my back to the pool He wore a devilish grin that foreshadowed my fate.
"Oh no, don't.." I begged as I put my hands out to try and stop him, still hysterically laughing.
"Ahh!" Gerard screamed as he tackled me by my waist into the pool.
We both splashed into the water.

"Aw, now we have ice creamy water," whined Frankie.
I wiped some out of my eyes as I revisited the surface.
"That was very gentleman-like of you," I said to Gerard, sarcastically.
"It had to be done," he said solemnly before breaking out into laughter.

As if on cue, lightning lit up the sky and the down pour of water commenced.
"Ah, out, out, out," I said as I pulled myself out of the pool.
Everyone got out, Gerard grabbed his bag, and we were inside before the thunder shook the ground.