Hate, Love, and Sex Appeal

Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner

[a/n: Hey guys, really really sorry for the lack of an update. Both my laptop and my mom's computer broke and had no internet service. Yes, I cried. But now, even better, I have my laptop back again. I haven't had this thing back in...forever. I've been sneaking onto my mom's computer to update. So now since I have my laptop back I'll probably be able to update more often. It kinda sucks though cause I have Hell week for soccer and school starts in less then a week *sigh*. Anyway, I hope you guys like the update :] comment please and thank you :] ]

There sat the lovely dress from the thrift shop. It was laid across the comforter of the bed, smoothed out and waiting to be dressed up in. Jet black ballet slippers were next to the gorgeous dress and a quick note scribbled on a plain white index card decently laid on top of those.

Thought I'd give this to you since it doesn't fit me. That and you look way better then I do. Now get dressed, dammit! -->

I reversed the card over to the other side to finish reading.

...and I'll get the zipper.

I laughed to myself at his dorky sense of humor. I quickly undressed and slipped the dress onto myself within a few minutes. I gently tugged the loud pink socks, that had gelled to my feet, off and pulled the small black ballet slippers on. I carefully laced the thin coal black strips up my calf and was a bit shocked. Wow, he bought me the right size.
I restlessly wiped away the dreadful residue of make-up that had occupied my face. I re-did the sooty black eyeliner, thinly, and brushed a faintly deep red eyeshadow across my empty eyelids and just a bit underneath my eyes as well. I placed just a dab of chapstick on to keep my lips from cracking.
I delicately pulled a bow through my pin straight hair and loosely tied it slightly to the side. A silent smile seized hold of the lower half of my face. I hadn't even noticed that he laid out a necklace. The silver chain hung freely around my pale neck and the black metal heart hung an inch or two above where the dress began. Man, strange enough to say it, but he has a better fashion sense then I do. I quickly found a teensy black bag that had money surrounded in its pockets from back home and matched my dress perfectly.

I cautiously peaked out through a barely noticeable crack I had made when I opened the door.
"Hey, need help?"
"Yeah, kinda."

My dazing eyes snapped open as I caught a glance at his change of attire. He wore black dress pants with a blazingly white collared shirt. All the buttons were buttoned all the way to the top, except for the first two. He wore a black sweatshirt type thing draped around his broad shoulders. His feet bore laced up clunky black dress shoes.
"You clean up nicely, Mr. Way."

He lightly spun me around by my small waist and slowly tugged the zipper up.
"Not as good as you, Doll face. Ready?"
"Where are we--"
"I can't tell you. Go on."
He curtly nodded and gestured to the open door as he half-smiled and half-smirked, obviously knowing that I was in desperate need of an answer.

It had stopped raining a while ago. The tinted sky was still a hazy gray and was falling quickly into soothing darkness, The dewy air was heavy and droplets rested their agile bodies against the forest green blades of grass, snoozing away in the small crevices.
We began to lazily walk down the paved sidewalk. The old fashioned lamp posts were dimly lit due to the faded lighting in the sky.
"So where--"
"Hey! What'd I say?"
"Um--"
"I can't tell you." He replied, cutting me off completely, in such a teasing tone.
He strolled close to me and I felt cold icy fingers intertwine with my own. Electric sparks and coursed through my entire body causing me to shiver slightly.
"This way."
He flicked our laced fingers into the air, showing me where to head.

"You don't care if I..."
He tailed off as he dangled our clasped hands momentarily. I bit my lip to hide a bashful smile as my head spun side to side, telling him that I didn't. He directed all tospy and turvey around the corner turns.
"Here we are."
There, nudged in the top corner of a building, hovered a cute Italian restaurant.
"How'd you know that I liked Italian food?" I asked, trying to hide a smile that was itching to break free.
"Frank." His lips climbed up his face into a small smirk as he let the answer escape him.
"Frank." I whispered and shook my head.

"Alright, well, I made reservations for us, come on."
He grinned as he led me by the hand to the front of the restaurant.
When we got up there, Gerard spoke to the man casually waiting behind the column in completely fluent Italian. The man smiled and said, "Right this way."

It was an elegant type of restaurant and I was kind of glad that Gerard had made me get all dressed up. Otherwise, I would have stuck out like a sore thumb. Even though the layer of clothing covering me made me look like I was accustomed to going out, I felt like I was a sore thumb. I wasn't particularly used to getting dressed up and going out to somewhere fancy. Nobody had really bothered with that kind of stuff with me. The fanciest that my family had ever gotten was going to the local diner. I never really wore anything extravagant, either. So it was a nice change.

We were seated on the balcony of the restaurant which overlooked the ocean and the pier. There were small pure white candles in crystal glass stands centered on the small rectangular table. There was a red checkered laid across the table along with two large designed plates and silverware wrapped fancy in white napkins. The atmosphere was quiet and tranquil, only a few people were located up on the balcony. It was such a gorgeous sight.
"There you are."
"Ringraziarla."

I spun on the heels of my feet as I heard his voice, smooth as velvet, respond. I smiled as I sat down in the padded chair.
"So you can really speak Italian that fluently, huh?"
"No, it was just your imagination playing games with you." Gerard replied as he looked up from his menu with those laughing eyes of his.
I paused for a moment and thought.
"Would you order for me?" I asked curiously.

"Like order order? Like pick something off of the menu and order it?"
He asked as he lowered his menu slightly and a bemused and admirable expression molded to his face. I smiled and asked," Would you?"
"Yeah, sure." He replied as somewhat of an amused smirk bestowed itself upon his lips.

"Hello, I"m Sean, I'll be your waiter this evening."
Gerard ordered it in fluent Italian and Sean understood, or I'm guessing he did, because he was jotting down little notes in his mini black pad. He replied quickly in Italian, smiled, took the menus, and then left.
"Where did you learn to speak like that?" I asked with a grin growing casually. I was still mesmerized at how he spoke.

He smacked his lips together before showing a diffident and shy smile.
"Um school? And my family's half Italian, so relatives speak it and I just picked it up? I guess..." He laughed as he ruffled his dark hair between his slender fingers.
"Speak some for me?" I asked, my voice tinted with hope.

"Um...lei guerda molto attraente stasera." He grinned.
I crinkled up my nose as I smiled and asked, "What'd you say?"
"I said that you look very pretty tonight. And...lei ha di bella faccia di bambola di occhi."
I cocked my head slightly to the side, still grinning.
"You have very pretty eyes, Doll face."
A sincere smile expanded as he spoke that. I grinned a goofy grin.
"iGracias Senor!"

He laughed and replied, "Eh, close enough. How much Spanish can you speak?"
"Un poco." I answered using my pointer finger and thumb to indicate "a little".
"Speak it for me."
I twisted my face around in thought, eye brows furrowed, and lips pursed.
"Gracias para traerme aquí, yo adoro alimento italiano. El restaurante es muy bonito. Adoro la vista. Usted es muy amable. "
"I think I got most of it..."
"I said..or at least I think I said, thank you for bringing me here, I love Italian food. The restaurant is very pretty. I love the view. You are very kind."
He smiled with all his little teeth and said, " You're very welcome. But I'm afraid there's more."
"More as in...what?"
"More as in this isn't the only place we're going."
"And you're not going to tell me are you."
"Nope, it's a surprise, silly."

Within about fifteen short minutes, Sean had brought over our steamy hot food.
“So what’d you order me?”
“Well,” said Gerard as he delicately unraveled his purely white napkin, “I got you the fettuccini alfredo with a sprite since I couldn’t pass as twenty-one. Go figure."
I grinned . Yeah, that’s something Gerard would try and pull.
I slowly took a few bites and it’s delightfully amazing taste enlightened the taste buds in my mouth.
“Wow, this is really good.” I said after swallowing.
“Thought you’d like that.” He gloated as he raised his fork to mouth.

“Actually, that was pretty friggen good,” said Gerard as he swallowed his last forkful.
“Yeah, you pick ‘em well, I guess.” I admitted as I ate mine.
“Thank God you admit something for once.”
I looked up at his smirk and his head cocked upward in complete triumph. I rolled my hazel eyes at him before look around and shaking my head.

“Hope you enjoy your evening.” Sean dropped off the bill, smiled genuinely, and left.
I went to grab it but I guess my reflexes weren’t quick enough.
“Ah, what the hell I’m paying, don’t you go touching that.”
“But Gerard--”
“Hey, no. I said, no, didn’t I?”
“Well…fine. Can I pay the tip then?”
He glared at me and finally gave up, “Yes, you can leave the tip you stubborn brat.”
I perked up and left him fifteen dollars. I was a pretty decent tipper.

“So…where to now?”
I asked as we quietly exited the cute Italian restaurant.
"Wait before you answer that, I have another question."
"Mhm?"
"You told me you hadn't been around town and me and Megs showed you around town. How did you find that place?" I asked as I stuck my stubby thumb out, directing towards the restaurant.
"Another helpful tip from someone."
"Frank." I whispered as a smile spread across my face, I shook my head. I need to talk to that kid when I get home.

"As for your other question. I was actually...thinking that..."
His voice slowly died down in tone and his words slowly haltered to a stop as the black mop a top his head swept from side to side from peering down at each end of the abandoned street.
"Ever been to a drive-through?" He asked as he continued to stare down at the left side of the nearly pitch black road on his tip toes.
"I think so...when I was little and...in a car why?" I asked as my face screwed itself up in utter confusion. I had feigned as much sarcasm as I could on the word 'car'. What was he able to pull?

"Cause there's...no...you know what? Shh."

He said roughly as he softly pushed a pale finger against my smiling lips. He jokingly shot a glare at me as he nimbly caught my excuse for sarcasm. He tightly gripped my hand and dragged me until we reached a jagged metal chain linked fence a little more then half a mile down the street. Logan hadn't shown me what was over here.

"Can we get in without the car or is the car part necessary?"
The pimple faced kid's dark devious eyes edgingly darted up from his thick car magazine and lazily replied, "Well, it is a drive-through, so I don't get why people, most of which lack intelligence, ask that question. But yeah, there are seats up front if you don't find it necessary to bring a car to the drive-through." He sat on a white chair that was in the style that of a life guard's with a vibrant red collared shirt plastered to his slightly tanned skin. The small rectangular name tag that was buttoned diagonal from his collar read Rick.
Gerard's gaze dropped down to the chunky car magazine as he handed him the bills of money for the tickets. I was going to say something witty back to his smart ass remark however...
"You're really that bored as to be pretending to read about...cars, eh?"
Gerard asked as he took his three thirty-two in change.
The guys cheek's flushed a sparkly pink as he asked,"What are you talking about?"
"That edition is from like...years ago, kid. Guessing you have a hard time with girls around here. Can't fathom why, dick." Gerard shot back through a mocking smile.
"It's Rick."
Gerard gripped my hand as we trudged on, deserting the open-mouthed guy in complete embarrassment.

"Playboy magazine."
He simply replied as I looked up at him curiously. I felt my tickled pink lips tug themselves into a shy grin as I answered with an "Oh".
A quiet smirked instantly replaced my smile.
"How would you know what edition it is?"
Ha! He wasn't expecting that one.
"I didn't...i just made it up."
"Uh-huh, suree ya did." I said as I raised my thin dark brown eye brows with a smile that refused to fade.
"I did!"
"So why are you defending yourself then?"
"Because you won't believe me." He laughed out as the undoubtedly shy grin returned to his lips.
"Cause you're a bad liar."
"Am not. Now do you want butter with the popcorn?" He asked as we reached the line-less concession stand with a tall brunette popping small bubbles with her raspberry blue bubble gum.
"Nice change of subject and yes, I love butter."
"Say it."
"Say what?"
"You know what I'm talking about. Don't make me do anything dirty in public."
I smiled. "Cause you would do that, you know." I replied as I moved my hands. I've been hanging around Frank too long.

"I would, don't doubt it darlin'."
My playful eyes opened a bit more as my smile grew wider.
"You wouldn't."
"I wouldn't?"
He said quietly as his hands snaked themselves up and around my sides. He raised his thick dark eye brows suggestively as he slightly moved his head to the side, a smirk stretching itself onto his lips.
"Okay, you would. Yes, butter, please."

"One straw or two?"
The teenage girl questioned in a lame tone, one that screamed of ritual boredom, after popping a small bubble.
I looked around lo and behold there weren't any straw dispensers around, which was weird cause at home there were ones on the counter.
"How come the straws don't have dispensers?" I asked curiously.
"Well because immature teenagers start blowing the wrappers at each other and making a complete mess with straws they don't even use. " A smile latched itself to her face. "Actually that was my fault. Me and my friends got bored while we were here and it was before I was working here. So..."
"Gotcha." I answered with a smile as a scene of my friends and I blowing wrappers at each other having a straw fight exploded into my mind.
He looked down at me and waited for an answer as I shrugged my shoulders, waiting to see his next move.
"One's fine."
"Fout twenty-six is your total."
"Thanks, keep the change."
Gerard handed her a ten dollar bill as I gripped the buttery popcorn, soda, and what not from the counter.
Her smile grew. "Thanks, guys enjoy your evening."
"Try and enjoy yours too." I joked.
"Thanks."

He took a slow sip from the blue and red striped straw. I smiled I watched as his curvy lips met the straw and I took notice at, how when he did that, it looked as though his lips were actually part of the straw, despite the color difference. He actually looked kinda cute. He looked down at me and his lips released themselves from the straw's tip.
"What?"
"What? Oh, nothing." I replied as me cheeks were set ablaze.
"Where ya wanna sit?" He nodded as he twisted and played with the straw between his fingers. His honey speckled green hazel eyes searched for a vacant spot, even though it was barely full. In fact, there were only five couples sitting in the broken down seats instead of cars.
"You pick." I said before placing a few kernels [a/n: Yes, this is very sad, but I never knew how to spell the word kernel up until now. Thought I would share that with you. I had no idea it was spelt with a k :] ] of popped corn into my mouth.
We sat directly in the middle. I turned my head and checked out the movie-like scene that surrounded us and graced us with its presence.

"Hey Gerard?"
"Ya-huh?" His eyes glued up to the screen at the dancing hot dogs that were movin' their buns.
"Um...why does it look like there are one couples here?"
His head shifted and the his eyes finally followed his head movements to look at me and then around to all the other seats that were occupied. Even in the cars there were only couples and the occasional group of people.
He smirked and then laughed. "I have no idea. Oh...wait..."
He scanned his small green ticket stub and then looked up guiltily with a smile stuck to his face.
"Now I know why."
He flicked the ticket stub with two other fingers.
"It's a cheesy romance film, Dammit, I thought there was something good. I think I mixed up the nights. See what happened was I was in a rush to get back before it started to rain and i guess I looked at the wrong...date. Dirty Dancing, like I haven't watched that a trillion times."
I glanced over at him.
"You've seen this movie?"
He looked down and smiled at my bewildered expression.
"Yeah, why?"
"Because you...don't seem the type...I guess." I said said as I shook my head.
"Have you seen it?"
"Too many times. All my friends love it to death and I always have to watched it during sleepovers."
"So we'll suffer through it." He grinned as he stuck out his tongue.
"How'd you find here?" I asked as I let myself get comfortable in the plastic seat.
"Actually, Mikes helped Frankie who helped me."
"Ah." I said as the movie began.

We didn't really watch the movie. The couples around shot us dirty look and glances because of all the cackles that were coming from our direction. We had started chucking popcorn at each others faces, some of which "accidently" fell down the front dress. But that was by accident, as he said himself. Half way through I started getting all fidgety and couldn't sit still, yes, I'm still a child at heart. Those seats really hurt your ass.
"Pssst Gerard."
"Yes?"
"My ass hurts."
"I'm sorry about your ass."
"How can you sit still?"
"Cause I'm a mature adult who deals with situations, such as those, maturely."
I snorted at that statement. Adult? Gerard? Ha.
"No, really, my ass hurts too. These fucking seats are so annoying."
We got "shh"ed by all the girls from the couples, the guys just kind of shot desperately bored glares.
It was towards the end of the movie where...well...where we were almost allowed to leave.
Gerard was mouthing the words, making me laugh at how well he knew this movie.

"Nobody puts Baby in the corner."

I burst out hysterically laughing at this part as Gerard mimed it. I couldn't help myself. He started giggling at how loudly I was laughing. I got "shh"ed again, however, that just made me giggle even harder. I had such a weird laugh, it was kind of like Frankie's at times, just a simple giggle and at other times it was a fast whisper giggle, all evil sounding. It was all squeaky and Gerard was laughing his loud insane laughter that made me laugh even louder. He stopped before I did and he covered my mouth with his hand as he continued to quietly giggle.
"Shh, you're getting us shushed." He smiled as my squeaky laughter continued despite the guard of his hand.
Thee movie finally ended and I "woohooed" I got dirty looks and glances that questioned my state of mind, but I was so relieved to finally get up and move around.

We threw out all the garbage and departed from the drive-through, passing Rick with smirks glued to our faces.

"Alright, well there's this one other thing I kinda wanna do with you."

[a/n:Wow, this one was long my ass fell asleep writing it, but it is written, nonetheless. I hope you guys liked that one and I already know what to write for a few more chapters. :] So go comment! You guys made me reach close to 300, I never in a trillion years thought my story would get that many comments, ever. So thanks guys :] I appreciate all your comments and suggestions!PS Sorry if there's spelling mistakes or other errors I had to edit it myself.]