Hate, Love, and Sex Appeal

Fight For Your Right to Party P.1

“So is he mad you came with me?” Logan swiftly nodded to the second floor of the enormous residence.
I momentarily glanced back and saw Gerard’s watching shadow in the window; he was looking right back at me, still hunched over the pastel window frame. No more then a hallow shadow was exposed from his figure, but I could feel something shooting from his compelling stare in my direction. Desperation? Pleading? I couldn’t put my finger on it but it wasn’t hatred, that was for sure.
“A bit.” I shortly replied. I knew he more than just “a bit” mad, however I figured Logan would catch my drift.
“He doesn’t have to be so hard-assed about it. What’s a bit of competition, eh?”
“He’s not, he’s just…really protective, I guess.”
“Why, though? I mean, it’s not as if you guys are close or anything. Doesn’t he not…think highly of you?”
“He’s not so bad, really.” I admitted truthfully. It wasn’t me who he didn’t think highly of, ironic enough.
He expertly shifted his piercing gaze towards my walking frame as we continued our way to wherever he was leading me to.
“I thought you wanted him to fall off the face of the earth, am I not mistaken?”
“No, you’re not mistaken. I did, it’s just…things are different now. He really isn’t too bad.”
He somewhat offered the response of a brief nod as I glanced upward to see what his reaction had been.
“So, you never told me where we’re going?”
I inconspicuously changed the subject before he became too touchy-feely with the previous discussion.
“We,” he tightly gripped my icy hand, as though he was expecting me to run away, “are going to a party.”
I cocked my eyebrows in counterfeit interest. “Really, now?”
“Yes, mam. You‘re freezing.”
“Well, it’s kinda cold. Who knew it could get this cold during the summer?”
“Yeah, it gets a bit chilly after hours here.”
He instantly released my hand as he removed himself of his bloody red and inky black sweatshirt and handed it to me.
“No, it’s-”
“Naw, just take it. I’m used to the cold, I hardly feel it anymore. Besides, you need it more then I do.”
He flashed a friendly smile as I calmly tugged the warm sweatshirt onto myself. I do have to admit, he has one of the best scents my senses have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. His brawny hand curled around mine once more, filling it with pleasant heat.
“I never had the chance to ask you what you were doing whilst dangling from the roof of your house.”
I grinned as he spoke with fluent eloquence.
“I fell.”
“Obviously.”
“Well, I had to do chores because I was grounded. I went to re-grip the bucket and I ended up dropping it off the roof. I took a wrong step and, obviously, lost my footing. It doesn’t really help that I’m clumsy as hell, though. So, I had to grip onto the gutter to keep from falling.”
“Ah.”
A feverish grin rapidly shot across his face like a bullet.
“It’s not funny, I could have gotten hurt.” I playfully shoved him as my own grin made an appearance.
“No, you’re right, it’s not funny. I’m just thinking of how you could possibly fall off of a roof. I’ve been on many roofs and I haven’t fallen yet. It‘s hard because of the texture that’s on most of them.”
“Oh, mister big-shot, eh? Well, for your information, it’s quite easy to fall off a roof.”
“For you, maybe.”
I foolishly rolled my eyes at his quirky response.
“People fall off of roofs everyday, I’m not the only one. Mark my words.”
“I believe you.”
His tender thumb rubbed up against mine consciously as we continued walking in the same direction.
“Are Mac and Poot and Jade gunna be there?” I asked hopefully.
“Nah, they were all hanging out with one another tonight. Didn’t wanna go.”
I mentally kicked myself for asking such a stupid question, yet my mentality smacked me in the face as a response.
Why wouldn’t they go? Especially Mac, she seemed to jump at the chance of a party...
“Oh, that sucks.”
“Yeah, that’s alright though. You and me’ll have a good time. Don’t worry about it.”
The musty streets were unusually unclaimed tonight as we strutted down the gummy cement sidewalk. We had passed the Pier awhile back, so far that I couldn’t even see any of it anymore. I could hear the distant waves crash into the salty shore in between the tiny gap of the cracked sidewalk and beach. He absentmindedly swung our arms eagerly as we continued our way to the party.
“So where’s this party at?”
“It’s at my friend Steve-O’s place. His house lines the beach, like yours does. His parents are away for a week and a half and so I told him to have a house party. Everyone there seemed to want to meet you.”
“Oh, really?”
“Yeah.”
“You told them about me?”
“How could I not?”
“What’d you tell them?”

Curiosity had impatiently eaten away at my insides within an instant. The saying “Curiosity killed the cat” is bound to be my destiny’s call, I swear.
“I told them, that you’re from Dirty Jersey. I told ’em you were gorgeous, of course. I told them all about you.”
I shied away instantly as he admitted to what he had supposedly told them.
“What, you didn’t think I’d skip the part about you being amazingly beautiful, did you?”
“No, it’s just I think you gave me too much justice. They’re gunna be disappointed.”
“Oh, shut it. You’re stunning, don’t let me hear you say otherwise, Bri.”
“But-”
“Nope.”
“I was jus-”
“I won’t hear it.”
He gently squeezed my hand as I went to say another “otherwise” .
“Fine.”
As I smirked up, my eyes caught him victoriously smile.
“Why must you cheat like that?” I added.
“I’m just good at getting around the corners. Besides, it’s not cheating. I won , fair and square.”
“No, you cheated.” I whispered, subconsciously.
“Did not.” He slowly whispered back.

Shattering noise reached my anticipating ears as we drew closer to one particular house on the right corner of the street, flashing violently steaming through the propane .
“I’m guessing that’s where we’re going?”
“You would be guessing correctly.”

He gently squeezed my stiff hand as we drew closer to the convulsing dwelling, the piercing music half drowning the flailing screams and intoxicated yells leaking through the sealed windows. He confidently led me through the doorway by the hand as I stole small glimpses around. He shouted to people he apparently knew and I felt millions of fascinated eyes permeate into me as if I was the awkward show and tell project. I scuttled behind him, denying those certain questioning stares as he tightly held on.
It was a typical party, or so I’d determine. I hadn’t been to many parties that were quiet as intense as this one appeared to be. Deafening tunes were hammering out through the stereo’s bulky speakers so that every time communication was endeavored, it would be forever lost within the depths of the airwaves; even if you did scream your brains out. Brightly stained cups effortlessly decorated the hard wooden floors among broken twisted furniture pieces, a overpowering sea of people engulfed the entire house with their twisting and churning body movements, people going at it on the seemingly nice couches as the faint egg-ons of ‘chug’ saturated the rest of the empty space.
Logan continued to easily lead me through an enormous cluster of convulsing bodies swaying to the beat of the bass. Thick smog and the distinct scent of mixed drugs inflamed my dulled senses as well as hung heavily throughout the pockets of air, filling every other nook and cranny. Drunken laughter underlined the music as well as the thunderous crashings heard from different directions.
Logan shouted something as he turned around to face me but my ears never received the signal.
“What?” I shouted over the blaring music so that he’d be able to hear me.
Instead, he held up a vicious red tainted cup and nodded towards it. We had reached what seemed like it could have been the kitchen and followed it to creaky sodden stairs that led down to the basement.
“Want something to drink?” He asked in a more receivable tone as he teasingly dangled the half empty cup in his hand after taking a swig from it.
“Oh, no thanks. I don’t really drink.” I admitted easily.

Personally, I’d rather remember the occurrences of the evening rather then drawing a complete blank in the morning. I guess I’d be labeled the ‘party-pooper’ due to the fact that I never really drank at parties. Partially due to the fact that I’d be paranoid that my family would so happen to stumble upon me whilst in a drunken state and partially because I didn’t need to drink to have a good time.
“Are you sure? It’s a good night to start.” He replied smoothly as he drained his cup dry. His words were strung together in a multiple slurs but he wasn’t too bad. It was hardly noticeable, in fact.
“Yes, I’m fine. Thanks, though.”
“Wanna dance?”
“Sure.”

A sloppy grin overtook his face as he led me to the definite core of the pulsing mob. The strobe light pounded through my eyesight, highlighting everything to a slide-show. Strands of different colored hair sticking to sweat-drenched bodies, everyone up against one another, moving around creating a mesmerizing throb. I didn’t normally dance with music that lacked guitar strings but every once in a while I guess everyone needs to be shaken up a bit.
His thick hands never left my minuscule waist as he smoothly pulled me against his muscular body, swaying my body with his. He expertly spun me around to face him as I realized he had a different colored cup in his grasp. How the hell… I positioned my hands around his neck as his trim hips harshly griound into mine, I challengingly pushed back and noticed the goofy smile plastered to his face like a rainbow to a bubble as he gripped me tighter towards himself.

I felt sweat dripping down every inch of my constantly shifting body as we remained perpetually swaying amongst the crowd. I was pretty confident in saying that every time I received a simple glance at Logan’s hands, they were clasping a differently shaded plastic cup. Although, the severe alterations made by the violently flashing strobe light could have obscured this newly suggested confidence of mine.
“Come on.”
He yelled over the relentless noise as his arm encircled me by my thin waist and guided me to the open. His strong hand swam into mine as he led me up the crowd less staircase. He absentmindedly slung his arm over my scrawny shoulders as we strolled out to the rest of the party.
Half of these people I had never seen, making me think that maybe this town wasn’t as small as it had first seemed. Yet, it was as though he seemed to know almost everyone there. Maybe it was just the poor eyesight that I had acquired over time or maybe it was the brain tissue secured by my thick skull telling me these things to keep me half-awake.
“I wanna introduce you to a couple of my friends, that alright?”
His intoxicated slur began to peek through as he spoke.
“Yeah, sure. I’d love to meet ‘em.” I replied quickly.
He strained his neck to see over chunks and clumps of numerous people before he let up a sly smirk and led me in a different direction. Within seconds, we were face to face with a smaller group of people, all clasping different colored cups within their clasp; two stunningly beautiful girls and one snarky looking guy that was at least three years older then myself.
“Bri, this is Carman, Riley, and Tony. Guys, this is the girl I’ve been telling you bout.”
They shook my hands and greeted me with friendly grins. Within a few minutes of conversation, I began to discover that I liked them more and more.

“So, are you taking care of Logan over here?”
Tony seemed like the type of kid most girls I’d know would steer clear of. He was the one sneering little boy in kindergarten that would attempt to look up girl’s skirts at all costs but it would only be for their benefit. Yet, he his personality reeked equally of cynical yet comical attributes.
He shook Logan’s shoulder’s mildly as the words left his lips.
“I think he’s taking better care of me then I am for him.”
“Atta boy, Lo-man.”
I shyly smirked as Logan teasingly smiled back at me before replying, “Bri, I’ll be right back, ight?”
His words clung to each others ending as his eloquent tone was diminished.
“Yeah, sure.”
He swiftly leaned in and quickly pecked me on the cheek before departing but not without saying, “Keep ‘er company, yeah?”
“Will do.”

He messily scrambled through thickets of giggling drunkies as I remained rooted to this newly found group.
“So, he’s been treatin’ ya alright? Cause if he hasn’t I’ll give ‘im a good smack in the backa the head.” Tony questioned as he obtained a newly filled cup.
“Yeah, Logan’s great. So this is what you guys do for fun?”
“Believe me, this is all there is for fun.”
The brunette spoke up as she sweetly smiled. She definitely seemed like a Riley, to me anyway.
Her chocolaty brown bangs fell gracefully in front of her equally dark eyes. Her soft facial features gave her a natural look that was veiled beneath brilliant shades of zany proportions. Her exotic clothing stuck to her curvy frame like static and she stood at least six inches above me, thanks to her thick boots.

“How about Jersey? Logan tells us you’re still flying solo?”
Carman asked through thickly coated lips. The electric green fishnets that snaked up her muscular legs gave highlights entirely to her attire. Her curvy body was shown off by the tight green patched cloth that held to her tanned skin. Her short choppy highlighted blond hair reached just below her jaw line and discreetly hid away her vivid sea green eyes. She lifted a darkly tainted beer bottle to her lips, her misty eyes transfixed.
“Yeah, not much luck with guys up there. But Jersey is amazing. I mostly hang out with a couple of friends and go down to the local bar to see bands perform and stuff like that. Not too interesting, I guess.”

“Not much luck with guys, honestly?”
Tony piped up with a quirked eyebrow, smacking his lips together after taking another mouthful of beer.
“Not much, honestly.”
I held up three fingers as I cheekily smiled back at him.
He smirked as he instantly replied, “I like you, kid. Ya have that spunky little attitude. You’re perfect for ‘im.”
Both Riley and Carman nodded in approval.

Could these honestly be the friends that Mac had been referring to? I would have thought these guys would be on good terms with one another. There was that nagging little feeling ripping apart the back of my skull as my conscious fought with itself. These guys were the farthest things from jerks. In fact, they were excepting and I could picture myself hanging out with them more often. Mac had spoken about them as though they were lower then the scum that hastily clung onto the bottom of shoes. She really seemed to have an extreme hatred for Logan’s friends. He wasn’t so bad around them either. My bitter confusion was only in small proportions.
“So do you guys hang out with Poot and Mac?” I questioned as I toyed with the dead ends of my hair.
Riley’s eyes lit up like fireworks at my inquiry.
“You know Poot and Mac?”
“Yeah, I’ve been hanging out with them for the time I’ve been here.”
I replied as I scratched the invisible itch located at the back of my head that wasn’t really there. I really have been hanging out with Gerard too long.
“They said they couldn’t come tonight. Which is really too bad. They’re really awesome to hang out with. Especially, Mac. My God, that girl and her spunk, she’s hilarious, I love to death. Poot is such a sweet guy too. I really wish they could have come.”

My slight confuse quadrupled and infiltrated every cell of my precarious mind.

[a/n:I'm really sorry that I haven't been able to update so often guys. I really do have a lot on my plate right now. But...would you guys mind if I made the updates shorter and quicker rather then the regular long ones? I'd really love your opinions! Thanks so much for reading guys! AND commenting!;] ]