Hate, Love, and Sex Appeal

Packed In Like Sardines

We are all taking the same car. You know, that’s quite upsetting because that’s the good news. Wanna hear the bad news?

It’s a small van. It’s suppose to fit six and we have nine.
About nine hours, stuck in a car with him. That was going to be “fun”.
“Alright, did everyone pack what they needed? Everybody have everything?” My mom asked everyone. We were all perched on the front stoop looking out at the van we were about to sit in for hours.

“Good, now let’s go!” My dad stated, flipping through the dangling silver keys to get to the right one to plug into the ignition.
Meg, Frankie, and Mikey raced to the car and Gerard was right in front of me.
I reached the car and took a glance inside.
“You’ve got to be kidding me.”
In the front were my parents, in the middle were Gerard’s parents and Meggy. However that wasn’t the problem. The problem was in the back. The order from the inside to the outside was Gerard, blank spot, Frankie, and then Mikey.
“Nope,” Frankie said, grinning.
“Git your skinny ass in here,” Frankie finished.
I sighed in an angered manner. They looked squished even without me.

This is going to be a good car ride
“Sorry Mikes,” I said as I stepped in over Mikey and then Frankie and forced myself between Frankie and Gerard. Let me tell you, the saying “packed in like sardines” is very annoying to live out. I would hate to be a sardine. I sat a bit lower then both of them, so they were both basically on top of me. I couldn’t move, even if I wanted to. I leaned my head on Frankie’s shoulder.

Gerard started snickering and I then lived out the meaning “actions speak louder then words”. Meaning I swiftly punched him the stomach telling him to shut the fuck up before I ripped his nose off. I hadn’t removed my head from Frankie’s comfy shoulder.
“Oof!” Gerard leaned forward holding his stomach.
“Serves you right, dude,” Mikey chimed in.
I plugged in my ears with headphones and turned on the ‘on’ switch to my Discman. I clicked to track ten and hit play.
‘When I Come Around’ blasted through the headphones.

“Hey, I love that song! Lemme listen,” Frankie said as he took an ear bud from my ear and placed it in his instead. The AC was on full blast and I hadn’t bothered to actually get dressed. My pj’s were too comfy to change out of, they consisted of red flame boxers and a black Ramones shirt.

I eventually had fall asleep on Frankie’s shoulder. I had awoken and noticed that I started the trend of napping. Mikey, Meggy, and Gerard’s parents were snoozing away.
“Mornin’,” Frankie whispered to me.

I guess he had taken out the other ear bud while I was asleep and was listening to the rest of Dookie while I was napping.
“Mm ’ello,” I replied, groggily.
“Have a nice nap?”
“Mmhmm, where are we?
“We’re only almost halfway there.”

Gerard replied as Frankie opened his mouth to respond.
Damn, we were only almost halfway there. I had been sleeping for such a long time too…
I rubbed my eyes and realized that every bit of me had turned to ice as I had slept.. I shuddered and goosebumps arose on my skin.
“Cold?” Frankie implied.
I nodded silently, rubbing furiously to make the little hairs on my arm go back down.
“Here,” Frankie replied as he stripped himself of his sweatshirt.

Why that kid was wearing a sweatshirt during the summer, I’ll never know. But I was happy that he had it. I put it on and snuggled into it as Frankie flipped the hood over my head. I love what he smelt like. He always smelled so good. I tugged my hands inside the sleeve and cuddled up next to him. He’s better then a regular pillow, I swear.

“Quit moving,” Gerard complained.
“Make me,” I replied as I rested my head against Frankie’s shoulder. Frank lazily put an arm around me and tugged me a bit closer.
“Make you? You’d want me to?” Gerard asked, menacingly.
“How would you do that, hmm?”

That, my friends, was a bad idea. He viciously tugged the hood over my head and grabbed the sleeves and tied them behind my back. Then he proceeded to sit even more on top of me.
Frankie laughed, I must have looked like a moron.
Frankie slid the hood off of my head but didn’t release the knot from behind my back.
Gerard took my ponytail out and messed up my hair. Not that it was neat before he stuck his hands and fwoofed it all up. It all landed in my face.
“That’s how, care to move again?”
“Eff you,” I calmly replied as I rested my head once again against Frankie. I kept moving my hips just to bug Gerard. It was fun just to see how far I could go. Testing boundaries is one of my many God-given talents.
Gerard moved so he was half laying on me. This time there was no way I was even budging. I couldn’t, I was wedged between the two with my sleeves tied behind my back and my arms pinned to their sides. I struggled against them as both of them giggled triumphantly. No way I was going to move now. Sonuvabitch.
I rested my head on Frankie and fell asleep because there was no other source of entertainment.

“Here!”
Hours later this is what I was woken up to. Mikey was leaning against Frankie who were both asleep, I was asleep on Frankie, and Frankie’s head was resting on mine and Gerard was sleeping too. He was sleeping on me. That is a definite ‘no’.

“Get offa me,” I whined as I attempted to shove him off.
Now he was awake and just wanted to bug me so he played dead. He says I’m the child.
“Go get your rooms!”
That woke Frankie and Mikey up faster then a hurtling firetruck. Damn those kids could run. I still was unable to move because of fat ass laying on me and I was still stuck in the sweatshirt straight jacket. Everyone had gone inside before I had bothered to even look at the house.
I looked to my side and there it was.

Wow.

I half expected it to be a piece of garbage but it wasn’t. It was a large tan house that had a big backyard and there were stairs leading down to….I turned my head. There was a pier! You could see it in the distance and it had a Ferris wheel and other roller coasters. I am hitting that sometime during this summer. I turned all the way around to notice another boardwalk. It was just a plain boardwalk, but it was really pretty. It was perfect. There was no other word to describe it. If you were to imagine a boardwalk, just a wooden boardwalk, you would see that.

“Get up!” I said, rage injected into my voice.
He groaned and refused to move.
“Do you want to have children someday?”
“What?” He replied without opening his eyes.
“Answer the question.”
“Yes.”
“Wanna keep it that way?”

He took note to what I was telling him and moved away from me so I couldn’t kick him in that area.
“And do you want a fucking room because we have to go get one now. Untie me,” I stated, a bit annoyed.
He giggled as he remembered what he had done.
“No.”
“Dammnit, Gerard, untie me!”
“Say it.”
“Say what?”
“You know it.”
“No.”
“Say it.”
“Grr, FINE. Please?”
“Say it nicer.”
“What the hell is wrong with you? Were you dropped on your head when you were a baby?”
“Say it nicer,” he repeated.
“Please,” I growled.
“Is that as nice as possible?”
“It’s as nice as you’re going to get.”
“Good enough, turn.”

I turned as he untied the sweatshirt sleeves and released me from a self-induced prison. I bolted as soon as I was released to find a room because surely there wouldn't be a good one left and I prayed to god there was one at all.
Gerard sped up from behind me and we scrambled into the house. We ran through the kitchen. It was very nice but I had no time to really look at it. We raced upstairs and I barged into a room.
“Nope. Taken,” Frankie and Mikey replied.
“Sh-“Gerard began to say before I raced off.
“Taken.” Two voices came from the next room I stumbled into.

We had gone into two more rooms and both were taken.
I raced down the hallway. One more room left! Gerard looked at me as I took off for it. He was right behind me and I was in first.
“Yes!” I shouted.

It had a window that faced the boardwalk and the pier. It was the best room in the whole house, I don’t get why it wasn’t taken.
“No! I was in here first!” Gerard argued, fully knowing that it was I who ran into the room first.
We started bickering when his parents came into the room.

“You guys are sharing, we didn’t realize there were only a certain amount of rooms,” they stated in a too-calm manner.

“What?!”

ImageImage