Hate, Love, and Sex Appeal

Just Another Other Day

“No, no. No?” I begged. This is what it came down to: begging.
“Sorry guys, you’ll just have to deal. We can’t do anything about it now,” they stated as they walked out.
I was still in shock.
This was like some scene from a sci-fi movie. This would be the part where something you really didn’t expect, something like that, to happen. Also, where the audience would wear expressions of ‘whaaaat?’ across of their faces.

They drag me here and the least they could do is put us in different rooms . But…no! They make us share this room and, get this, it has only one bed.



I’m going to explode before this so called “vacation” is over. I mean, really. This situation wasn’t looking up, despite the fact that this place had a killer beach and pier. It didn’t change the situation of dealing with Gerard of any better.
Gerard was obviously as shocked and angered by this ridiculous stunt they had pulled as I was. He turned his head and glared at me with his beady eyes.

“Hey, don’t look at me. I was trying to wake you up and you took too long untying me with the ’please’ and whatnot,” I said, shrugging and looking around.
“Oh, so being stuck together is my fault?” He questioned in shock.
“Well, yeah,” I replied in a mocking tone.
“I don’t get how your mind works cause there’s no way this was my fault.”
“Okay, let me say it slower. You tied me up…then slept on me…I tried waking you up…you were an ass…didn’t get up…made me say please so you’d untie me…same room…your fault,” I said agonizingly slow.
“Is not! I wouldn’t have had to tie you up if you sat still,” he argued.
“I moved like twice to put a sweatshirt on,” I shot back.
“Yeah but then you antagonized me and made me do it,” he said simply.
“I didn’t make you do anything, you could have just ignored it,” I said.
“But I couldn’t ignore you, that would be rude,” he said through a smirk.
“Oh and tying someone up with a sweatshirt isn’t?” I asked, disagreeing.
He opened his mouth and shut it again. I smirked to his silent surrender.

I looked around and to tell you the truth, I really don’t understand why this room was not taken. It was a medium sized room with a window that overlooked the pier from afar. The view out of a simple window was spectacular. It was actually breath-taking. The bare walls occupied a few different shades of red. The shades layered on one top of the other different shade of red. The pearly white armoire sat in the corner of the room as the matching laundry basket occupied the other. There were two chalky white dressers, on one either side of the armoire. The bed that leaned against the wall, had red, black, and white sheets and pillows. The pillows were located down by the side where the dresser was. The wall across from the bed had the other window. That window’s view was blocked by a bulky air conditioner.

“I still can’t believe them,” Gerard mumbled, dragging a hand lazily through his hair while taking an interesting in his shoes.
“You know what’s funny?” I said as I began to laugh.
He peered up at as though he questioned my sanity. I really shouldn’t be laughing because I was pissed at the whole ‘stuck in a room with a guy that can’t stand my guts’ situation. I guess I was a bit screwed in the head, so maybe I did deserve that look.
“What?”
His curiosity finally enticed him to use his vocals.

“They trust us…in the same room,” I sighed as I laid on the bed.
He blinked a few times, soaking in what I had just said.
A quiet smirk slowly played across his face. He chuckled and said, “Yeah, they trust us not to slaughter each other, that’s a pretty big step. Oh whoa.”
He caught a glimpse of the view. He walked over and stared at the colorful pier that hovered over the beach.

“Why was this room not taken?”
“Dunno,” I shrugged my shoulders.
He continued to gaze outside with, may I add, a look of awe.

It was about five-thirty when I snagged a look at the clock that hung beside the bed. The car ride was only supposed to take eight hours and fifteen minutes. That would mean we would have been here at about three fifteen, but I guess there had been about two hours and fifteen minutes worth of traffic. If you couldn’t tell, I’m a bit of a math nerd, what’s it to you?

The fluffy bed covers supported my weight and had taken my shape. I hadn’t been able to take a look at the rest of the house yet, but I had already made up my mind that it was the best room in the house.
I forcefully made myself get up to go and retrieve my stuff.
“Where are you going?”
“To get my stuff, why?” I asked a little bit annoyed. Just because I walk out of a room that he’s in means he’s going to want to know where I’m going? No, that doesn’t fly with me.
“Get mine too,” he replied, looking in the empty dressers.
“You’re funny,” I said as I found the stairs leading me downstairs.
I heard him sigh loudly before he reappeared outside of the door soon behind me.

I won

I walked slowly to take everything in. It was a pretty old fashioned house and I really liked it. Mikey and Frankie were already at the car collecting their belongings. I let the door clank shut and trudged down the stairs as the noise repeated itself. I combed through my messy tangled hair and let the grass blades tickle my bear feet as I walked over to the car.

“You guys are sharing a room?” Frankie asked.
“Unfortunately,” I replied as I grabbed my bags and electric guitar. Gerard grabbed his bags as well and began to shake his head.

I heard a bit of faint talking as I took out my Les Paul to see if it had survived the ride better then I had. I turned my head and saw two figure. Male figures. They were just close enough to see what they looked like, eyes and all.
One was carrying a serf board and had black Etnies on. He wore a skin tight black swimming shirt and red swimming trunks with fiery red and black flames jotting down the sides. From what I could see he had dark eyes. He had a goofy smile as he grinned, joking around with his friend. His friend. Damn. He was on a skateboard and had shaggy black hair that folded over his eyebrows. He was wearing a black Social Distortion sweatshirt with olive green shorts. He was wearing a pair of torn up black converse. I think he had green eyes but I wasn’t that close.

“Hey, sick guitar!” The one carrying the serf board called out. I grinned. His friend looked over and nodded his head in agreement. They started over towards me and I met them halfway.
As they stood next to me, I quickly realized just how short I was. They both towered at least a foot over me.
“I have a Gibson myself…mind if I hold it?” asked skateboard kid.
“Yeah, sure,” I replied as I held it out to him. He plucked the strings tenderly under his fingers.
“How long have you been playing?” I asked.
“About seven years, you?” He replied.
“Only about four years, you play?,” I answered through a grin and looked at surf board kid.
“I play bass and drums, only for about three and a half. The name’s Poot,” he said, sticking out a hand and I shook it.
“Logan,” skateboard kid replied, mirroring Poot’s action and shaking my hand as well.
“Brianna but just call me Bri, I hate my name. Poot, dude such a cool name,” I replied.
“I’m Gerard. You guys from around here?” Gerard oh so graciously stepped in, shaking their hands as well.
“Hey, I’m Poot, that’s Logan. Yeah, we live right down the road,” Poot responded.

Logan’s eyes were an intense shade of green that twinkled. Poot’s eyes, as I had guessed were a hazel-ish color.
“Hey, you guys up to anything tomorrow?” Logan finally spoke up. I’m not so sure but it looked as though he was speaking directly to me. Just me, not Gerard. But how should I know? His voice reminded me of a deep brass instrument. The best way to describe it is that it was a bit intimidating.

“Not that I know of, probably heading down to the beach or something,” I said in a bored tone. Logan was still picking strings on the guitar as he spoke, “Good. You guys should come with us, we’ll give you the grand tour.”
He shifted the Element skateboard under his foot. He placed a pearly white grin across his face.

“Yeah, that’d be wicked,” I said and Gerard nodded his head in agreement.
“Just a question, how old are you guys?”
“Well, I’m seventeen and Munchkin over here is sixteen,” Gerard smugly replied, smirking over at me.
“Seventeen as well. Are you guys together?”
“God no,” I said, wide-eyed.
They both laughed at the expression I wore across my face.
“So we’ll meet you here then?” Logan asked as he handed me my guitar back.
“Yeah, that’d be cool,” Gerard answered.
“Sweet,” Poot said as he hugged his board closer to himself.
“Later guys,” I said as I placed Ink, guitar, back into his case and picked up the bags.
“Later! Nice meeting you guys.”
“See ya Gerard. Bri,” Logan replied as he scooted off on his skateboard. He nodded his head at me as he said my name.
“Bye,” I stated through a smile.
“See ya,” Gerard chimed in as re-clenched his bags.

I walked up to the house and upstairs to the room. Gerard soon followed in behind me, turned the AC on and shut the door to keep the cool air from escaping. He smirked at me as he began to unpack his clothes. That smirk needed to be knocked off with a metal baseball bat.
“What?”
I leaned the guitar case up against the wall.
“Nothing,” he stated, still smirking.
“So you’ve got that grin on for no apparent reason?”
“Yeah. You have a problem with me smiling? Does it kill you inside to know that I’m happy?”
“You’re only happy when you’re tormenting me, now tell me,” I demanded.
“It’s nothing.”
“Fine, whatever,” I sighed. I wasn’t going to show his how much he was pissing me off.

He snickered and glared up at me as he shoved his clothes in a dresser. I put my clothes in the other, trying to stay calm. We were called down to dinner about two hours later.

I plugged in the alarm clock and set it to the right time. I plopped down onto the bed after changing into a fresh pair of boxers and a black tank top. The room was frigid but I didn’t mind, I liked the cold, it was refreshing.
It was now dark outside and the pier was shimmering through the window.
I already loved this bed. This bed was mine. I wanted to mark it somehow, saying that it was mine. But I’m not an animal, I’m not gonna pee on it or anything, I wouldn’t want to sleep in it then, anyway.

I sat up and took a glimpse out the window to the sparkling pier. The Ferris wheel was spinning and the lights flashed as one cart after the other had reached the highest height.
“How is this going to work?”

I shuttered to the sudden burst of sound that came from just inside the door way. Rudely shaken out of my trance of the mesmerizing pier.
“What?”
“Sharing. How is this going to work?”
“You stay out of my stuff and I’ll stay out of yours,” I replied.

I shuffled under the comforters and wedged myself close to the wall. It was a bad habit that I had obtained over the years.
“You know I’m not sleeping on the floor.”
Sat still for a moment, realizing what he had said.
“What?”
“The whole sharing thing, bed. You’re sharing it with me, unfortunately enough,” he replied, stripping down to his boxers.
“I feel molested, put pants on or something,” I said, looking away towards the wall. It was more appealing then…that.
“Then you put a shirt on cause I’m sharing the bed,” he shot back as he turned the lights off.
“What? You are not.”
“Okay, either you get out or you share the bed with me. Or I could just force you out.”
“Yeah, okay,” I shot back, sarcastically.
“You think I won’t? I’m a bit stronger then you, don’t you think?”
His voice was just hovering in the pitch blackness of the room and it edged towards the bed.

I considered this and sighed. If there is a God, I hate him.

“You touch me, you’re dead,” I said as I turned to face the wall.
“Didn’t count of it,” he replied as he pulled the covers up momentarily exposing my bare skin to the frosty air.
The bed sunk down as he climbed in and covered himself with the plush blankets.

I am too close. This bed was too small for any liking at all. His flesh brushed against mine as warmth spread to my shoulder.
“Fuck, you’re so cold,” he replied as he quickly retreated.
“Mm, thanks?”
“God, put this on,” he said as he dropped warm cloth on my face.
“What is it?”
“Put it on.”
“Just tell me.”
“My sweatshirt. Now put it on or I’ll make you.”

I quickly tugged the warm soft cloth over me head and snuggled into it.
“Did you put it on?”
“I’m not telling,” I teased, just to get him mad.
“Did you?”
“Uh…” I acted as though I hadn’t remembered.
All of a sudden a hand ran over the side of my stomach down to my hips.
“Hey!” I whispered. It was late and I figured I’d be nice and let everyone sleep.
“Should have answered…Why are you so close to the wall?”
“The wall's better then you.”
“Naw, no way. I am so much better then the wall. You can’t resist it, either,” he whispered back.
“Yeah, okay. Whatever,” I replied with a drop of sarcasm splashed within it.

With that, I snuggled into his sweatshirt. It smelled, dare I say it, really good.
My eyes felt heavy and soon after, I think I dozed off.