Hate, Love, and Sex Appeal

Out and About The Town

[a/n:Sorry this is so late guys. I've been dealing with a lot lately. I referred to 'F-Lero' in this chapter, the name Frankie's called on tour. I know they aren't MCR yet, but I really liked the nickname so I used it. Hope you guys enjoy. AND comment!! I've been noticing that a lot of people read but don't comment. Please comment.]

Pitch black.

I was particularly used to waking up like this. However, when it isn’t your room or your bed, you wake up troubled. The darkness ate at my eyes as I searched around. About five minutes later, I finally realized that I was in North Carolina in the summer house.
I went to move, however, there was something holding me back. I was still in a bit of a stupor from just waking up. There was a pair of legs located on mine and an arm had snuggled around my waist.
I soon found that I was half on Gerard, that his chest was my pillow, and that both of his arms had me encircled in his grasp.

How the hell did this happen?

I instantly shot up within the time span of a blinking eye.
Never again. I thought in half disgust. My sleepy eyes had finally let themselves cooperate along with the darkness.
“Fuck,” I whispered to myself. It was like Pluto in this room, I could almost see my breath as I exhaled.
I laid back down next to Gerard and quickly covered myself back up. His comforting warmth radiated over onto my frozen skin. I felt okay laying with him now, oddly enough. I snatched a look over towards him.
He didn’t have a super muscular body similar to the ones you check out in the ‘zines. However, he did possess a pretty decent one. He has a really pale complexion but it was so pure, untouched and unscathed.

Why am I thinking about this in such structure?

I shook these daunting thoughts off as I gazed up at the clock.
6:05.
I don’t think I’m a “normal” teenager. I hardly slept in, despite what time I went to bed. I guess you could call it a natural alarm clock.

I steadily let a grin grow across my face. I was going around the town with Logan and Poot today. They seemed pretty wicked, even though I’ve only met them once. I rarely met people who shook hands when greeting someone. I’ve always met people who just wave while greeting. I liked how they did that.
“3…2…1,” I breathed out as I forced myself out from under the covers to retrieve clothes. Gerard’s sweatshirt still hung from my small frame. I mentally thanked him for making me put this thing on. I wouldn’t actually thank him otherwise he’d wear that stupid smirk again.

I randomly grabbed at my clothes in the drawer and blindly grabbed my make-up case, then quickly exited the room. I was greeted by the silence of a sleeping residence. I really didn’t mind being up this early an hour. It was quite serene. I looked out the window and saw a tad bit of the pier as well as the sun.
The sun wasn’t so high up yet and there were a few wisps of clouds. The undersides of the gray clouds were a delicate rosy pink. Behind the sun, the dark navy blues ran like fluid into crisp grays. The sun itself was surrounded with a curvy ring of soft pinks and baby blues. The light violets and purples laced throughout the scene, making the ultimate sunrise. To say the least, it was gorgeous.
I have a strange obsession with the sky, moon, and sun. They were all so unique and beautiful. No artist can capture the exact feeling you get while you gaze on those features. Nature is pure beauty, so defined and breath-taking. Those are like treasures to me, really. Actually, I felt quite greedy to be able to watch such a beautiful miracle by myself.
A lot of my friends have their laughs about the way I feel about that. They say that they thought it was too “sentimental” for me and that it didn’t suit me at all. How would they know, anyway?

I tore my eyes away from the charming view and calmly searched for a bathroom. My search upstairs was uneventful, however, I was able to check out more of the house.
I quietly went down the wooden stairs, still engaged in my search for the bathroom.
The soft sunlight leaked through the window, giving all the furniture slight shadows. I think this is one of my favorite times of the day. I inhaled deeply and took note that the air was crisper, cleaner then what I was used to. The Jersey air was dirty. Not that I minded, I actually like Jersey air. It was kind of like a drug within itself. On the other hand, here was…I guess fresh. Don’t ask me why, but it gave me the sense of confidence.

I tip-toed through the dining room which was to the left of the staircase. The wooden table sat in the dead center of the room with chairs tucked underneath. I walked quickly through the dainty room and exited through the other set of doors. I found myself in the room known as a kitchen. A curved-edge fridge was snuggled into the corner and there were a bunch of pantries that held the promises of food. I snickered quietly to myself. I see Frankie had already gotten to the fridge owing to the little magnetic letters read: ‘F-Lero is the f-bomb’ . I shook my head, giggling.

Whatta little loser.

The floor was made of stone which was torturing my feet with its cold touch. I stepped on each stone individually, making my way to the next set of doors. I departed the room through yet another set of doors. Whoever built this house apparently had a deep infatuation with doors. Through this set of doors I found a hall way that had the stairs to the left. Big circle. I turned my head. Ah-ha!

I walked into the subtle bathroom. It was a dinky little bathroom that had been decorated with angel-shaped knick-knacks. I took a quick shower and dressed myself within a good fifteen minutes. I tugged on lacy gloves that just covered my palms. I swiped a damp towel over the mirror to clear my vision. I put in my contacts and applied a deep coating of coal-black eyeliner, as well as a hint of red surrounding my eyes.

I dried my short hair quickly. It was straight for the most part but it was naturally wavy at the same time. It might sound conceited but I don’t give a flying cow, I thought I looked pretty good. Considering my sense of style is a bit out of whack. But hey, who ever said that matching was mandatory? Even if it was, do you think I would care? I like to spice things up a bit.

I collected my clothes and make-up case and went into the kitchen to grab a bite to eat. You know, this was just a habit, getting up early, shower at six-ish, the whole sha-bang. Sometimes I question if my mind’s on auto-pilot.

Everyone was still snoozing by the time I finished my toast. That was normal, bearing in mind that was about seven fifteen in the morning on a school-free summer day. I slipped out the side door as quietly as possible. I almost literally slipped because the shoelaces attached to my red converse were loose. I hastily tied them and finished through with my escape.
The pier was yet to open and the beach was left barren as the waves grabbed onto the sandy shore like greedy fingers and trickled away in white suds.

“I see I have an early riser on my hands.”
I grinned as I turned around to be greeted by a smiling Logan.

“Hey, what are you doing up so early?”
“I could ask you the same question,” I replied.
“Me? I’m an insomniac. Don’t really sleep much,” he said, almost sheepishly.
“Really? You too?”

I rarely fell asleep, to tell you the truth. Some nights, I’d be lucky and would be able to catch some ‘Z’s’. No one, at least nobody that I knew, suffered along with me.

“Yep. Sucks doesn’t it?”
“You got that right,” I answered, laughing.
“Umm…do you have a bathing suit?” Logan questioned, shyly.
Any normal person would reply with a yes…however…
“Er… no. See, I don’t swim often enough to go out and buy a bathing suit. So I usually just go in my clothes,” I retorted, biting my lip and hiding an embarrassed smile.
“Aw, that’s alright.”
His eyes caught mine and he flashed me a quick grin.

“So, what time do you and Poot want to pick us up?” I asked, looking out to the sandy beach shores.
“Actually, I was wondering…you want to come with me into town? I’d show you all the cool hidden shops and the good places to go. Me and Poot were going to show you and Gerard the pier and the beach later on,” he asked, with a hint of hope lingering above his words. He shifted weight on his feet and pushed his skateboard up under one foot.

“Sure,” I answered with a smile.
“Cool,” he responded as a happy gesture grew across his face.

I wonder if he planned this…Nah, he couldn’t have. Nobody else is up at this hour. Hmm…

“Oh, hold on, I just gotta leave a note,” I said, as I hiked up the stairs.
I scribbled a messy note and left it on the table for someone to find.
I hopped back outside and Logan asked, “Ready?”
“Mmhm,” I hummed in response.

He jumped onto his skateboard and starting strolling down the street by my side.
“So, how long have you lived here?”
“My whole life. This is my favorite place in the world. Where are you from?” he answered, proudly.
I love his little accent that he had in his voice. It was a bit of a twang, but it was something that made me smile.

“That’s cool. Yeah, I’m from dirty Jersey. It’s different. I mean, it’s a bad area to be in but I love it there. It’s one of my favorite places to be. I’ve actually never been down here before, either,” I replied, following beside him down the sidewalk.

“Well then, I’m going to have to give you reasons to love it here,” he said, raising his eyebrows.
“Oh really?”
“Yeah, now it’s my job.”
He paused and then snickered to himself.
I was confused as to what he was laughing at.
“What?”
“Oh, it’s nothing,” he replied in the type of tone that made you have to ask again.
“Aw, come on tell me,” I pleaded.
“It’s nothing, you just have a cute accent is all,” he replied, smiling at me.
I grinned and said, “I like your little accent better then mine.”
“Nope, your accent is way better. You can’t like mine more then I like yours,” he said in a challenging tone.

“No way.”
“Yeah way.”
“Nope.”
“Well I like your accent better and I like it one more time then you’ll ever say, so I win,” he finished.
“Ah…but…uh…that’s cheating, you cheater,” I said, laughing.
He laughed along and replied, “You’re just mad cause you lost.”
He stuck his tongue out and continued to skate along.

“You shouldn’t win cause you cheated,” I said, smirking.
“Ah, well, I did,” he said, smirking back at me.
“Have you ever ridden a skateboard?” He questioned suddenly.
“No, I’d break myself,” I answered simply.
“No, you wouldn’t. Wanna give it a try?”
“Seriously, dude, I’m one of the most uncoordinated people you’ll ever meet,” I replied.
“So you’re scared,” her stated.
“Am not. I just know what the outcome is.”
“How do you know if you’ve never tried?”

He got me with that one. It’s true, I admit it. I’m very uncoordinated. I’ve experienced many painful events that have proved this.

“But I’ll-“
“I’m here. I won’t let anything happen to you, don’t worry,” he said, comforting me.
“You’re not going to let me say no, are you,” I said more as a statement then a question.
“Nope,” he said, slapping a grin onto his face.
“Okay.”

Logan hopped off the skateboard and allowed me on. I’m not one of those girls who flings themselves at guys either. Girls back where I knew them, they’d pretend to be dumb and useless and “forget” how to do things just to gain some attention. I wasn’t like that. When a guy wanted me to try something like this, I usually really tried.

I stepped on carefully and Logan grasped my hand. We were on a bit of a slant and if he hadn’t, I would have started to roll away.
“Here, you put your right foot here and your left there,” he directed.
I did as I was told and waited for the next step.
“When you wanna turn you lean you feet the direction you want to go in, make sense?”
“Yeah,” I said, smiling.
“Can I let go?”
I guess I had a look of doubt cemented to my face because then Logan said,
”You’ll be fine, I’m right here.”
“Alright,” I said, shyly.

He let my hands go and I started rolling. I was surprised I was able to keep my balance. I leaned over to the right and then to the left and I was going in a squiggly line. I wasn’t falling and that’s what counted. We went down a bit more of the side walk.
“Hey, not that bad,” Logan said as he walked beside me.
“Eh, I had a good teacher,” I replied as I carefully stepped off and let him have his skateboard back.
He smiled and said, “Town, here we are.”

In hours upon hours he showed me his entire town. There were so many cool little shops that I wouldn’t have guessed were there. They had so many amazing music shops that still held vinyls of all older bands. They had thrift shops that had old clothing as well. I was going to like it here and I could already tell. It was a small town, everybody knew everyone else. I only knew this because everyone we bumped into knew Logan. He’d introduce me to them. The town was small and the people seemed really nice. Now I knew why Logan loved it here so much.
It was now two-thirty. Logan and I had bought a bag of potato chips and started heading back to my summer house.
“So, what do ya think so far?” Logan asked.
“It’s a pretty chill little town, I like it,” I replied, grabbing a chip from the bag.
“Yeah, you haven’t even been to the pier or the beach yet,” he replied.
“Thanks for showing me around,” I said.
“Anytime.”

We had walked and we met Poot on the way back.
“Hey guys,” Poot said in a springy tone.
He shifted the weight of his serf board in his arms.
“Hey,” we replied.
“So you got the tour of the town?”
“Yeah, you guys have it good here. It’s pretty cool,” I answered him as I ate another chip.
“Yeah, it’s cool here. So…we’re going to go pick Gerard up now? I’m guessing?” Poot asked.
“Yeah,” Logan said.
“Unfortunately.”
They laughed.

“What’s up between you two?” Logan asked in a curious tone.
“We kinda hate each other. We make fun of each other a lot and get on each others nerves. I really can’t stand him sometimes,” I replied.
“Ah, love-hate type thing?” Poot asked, interested.
“Kinda, except…without the love part,” I said, jokingly.

We had finally reached my house and finally everyone was up. I took a look at the beach which was now littered with people and the pier was up and running.
Frankie and Mikey were on the front stoop along with my favorite person in the world.
“Hey,” Poot called out.
“Hey,” Gerard replied back.
“Supp?” Frankie said.
“Nothing much,” I replied back to Frankie.
“Who are they?” Logan whispered.
“That one is Frankie and the other one’s Mikey, come one I’ll introduce you guys,” I said, grabbing his hand and tugging him over along with Poot.
“Guys, this is Poot and Logan. Logan and Poot, Frankie and Mikey,” I said.
“Hey guys,” Logan said as he shook both of their hands. Poot mirrored him.
“Hey,” replied Mikey and Frankie.
“You guys wanna tag along?” Poot suggested.
“Sure. Where we going?” Frankie said instantly.
“The beach and the pier, so go grab some trunks,” Logan said with a smile.
“I don’t really…”Gerard spoke up.
“What’s that?” Poot answered.
“I don’t really swim,” he said.
“That’s okay, the beach is pretty rad. I mean, if you don’t mind sand.”
“No, sand’s fine.”

Frankie and Mikey returned with their stuff and we all took the stairs down to the beach.