Hate, Love, and Sex Appeal

You Actually Care?

My P.O.V

"Logan, that was awesome!"
I exclaimed with excitement. I just rode a wave..and lived! Man, that was such a rush!

"Yeah, you did so good! I fell like a thousand times before I could actually ride one," Logan joked. He tightly held the dripping board to his body. I felt a wet arm slide across my waist and tug me closer. A little grin slid it's way across my face as I did the same.
We walked over towards Gerard, Mikes, and Frankie. Frankie and Mikey were constructing a dainty sand castle around themselves

"Hey Bri, saw you out there. Not bad," stated Frankie as he shifted piles of sand. He looked up and grinned wildly.
"Thanks." I sat down besides Logan and was suddenly caught in Gerard's glare.
"What?" I snared at him.

What the hell? I hadn't said two words to the kid and he was already trying to start with me.

"Nothing." He shot back. I followed his tilting gaze down to where Logan's hand rested on my shoulder. He looked back up instantly and his eyes stared deeply into mine.

Normally, this was...well...normal. But his eyes froze me. Every organ in my body sputtered as his gaze turned them into ice cubes. I never realize his eyes before and how light a shade of hazel they could turn. They were closer to a shade of golden green.
Something was wrong, very wrong. I knew this for two reasons. One, Gerard was getting to me with those eyes and two, I was actually paying attention.

He lowered his head and preoccupied himself with the sand.
Damn him. He had a hold on me from just one look. What was that about?

"Hey, saw you ride that wave! So sweet," said Poot as he grabbed him towel and began drying himself.
I shook my thoughts off of Gerard and smiled towards Poot.
"Thanks, I was actually surprised I stayed on." I confessed with a shy grin.
"Naw, you did good," said Poot, reassuringly.

"Oh man, Poot, we have to go...member?"Logan said suddenly after looking down at his watch.
"Oh yeah, right, let's get going. You guys still up for the pier later?"
"Pier?" Frankie asked, obviously interested.
"Yup, grand tour of the pier. Up for it?" Logan asked.
"Yeah, sure," said Mikey, smiling.
"Cool. See you guys later, around eight-ish," replied Poot, grabbing his towel and his board.
"Bye guys, see ya Bri," shouted Logan as he and Poot started jogging down the beach side.

I waved and grinned as I did so. The boys waved as well.
"They seem cool," stated Frankie.
"Yeah, they are." I replied to his statement.
I dug my feet into the plush sand and let the smoothness smother my toes.

"Anyone want to go back up to the house?" I questioned while boredom taunted me.
We had stayed about forty-five minutes after Logan and Poot left. I was completely dry...and bored out of my wits.
"Yeah, I'm kind of tired of building this thing anyway," said Frank as he sat up, admiring the dinky little castle he and Mikey had accomplished making.
"Ditto."
"How bout you?" I questioned towards Gerard.
He replied," Yeah, I'm coming."

I stood up and brushed the remaining sand grains away.
Me and Frankie started walking before Mikey and Gerard had. Our feet seeped into the sand with every step we took.
When we were out of earshot, Frankie asked,"So what's up with you and that Logan kid, hm?"
I glanced over at him and saw his smug smile.
"Nothing, we just met and he offered to show me around, that's all."
"That's all?" He questioned as that smug little grin swallowed his entire face.
"Are you mocking me?"
"Maaybe."
"Why? What do you think?"
"I know you know what I'm thinking."
"No, I don't."
"Righhtt. You think I don't know you that well?
"Really! Just tell me."
"Answer my question."
"You answer mine first."
"You like him," said Frankie, blatantly.

Damn it, he does know me too well.
I stayed silent for a minute or two, thinking of an answer. I sort of did like him just a small crush, that's all. I mean...is that bad? I've known the guy for two days, hardly two days. Is it too soon to know that I like him?

I finally answered, "A little bit."
"Knew it."
He let out a long sigh as he responded.
"What's up with Gerard?"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean is there something wrong? He looked at me kinda funny."
"You actually care?"
"Frankie, please?"
"No, nothings up, at least I don't think."
"Frank," I said in a menacing tone.
"Okay, alright, I'll talk, I'll talk,"replied Frank, holding up his hands as if to protect himself.
He continued, "Well, you were with that Logan guy and Gee thought you guys were really close to each other. I think he's jealous, in all honesty."
I laughed and said, "Jealous? Gerard? Of what?"

"Of you and Logan. I mean, come on, use your head, Bri. You just met this guy and it seems like you trust him enough and you like him. You've known Gee for....forever and don't show either qualities towards him."
"Yeah but Frankie, he's given me reasons not to. You see how he is, he makes fun of me all the time. I don't like him or trust him." I replied.
"Exactly."
"Exactly what?"
"You don't like him or trust him, so, he's jealous."
"But...I..-" I stopped and thought about what he said. Jealousy, Gerard, and I don't mix. That little combo doesn't work.

"You can't be serious," I retorted.
"Yes. I can," stated Frank as we reached the stairs.