A Life for a Life

Scene 12 - Final

A few months later. In a hospital room around 2 or 3 in the morning. Riley is laying on a hospital bed. Jessica sits on a chair next to her.

RILEY

Do you think i made the right decision?

JESSICA

What do you think?

Ellie walks in with a bundle of blankets.

ELLIE

Well...let's put it this way-

Ellie places the bundle in Riley's arms.

I think you made a great decision.

Riley

She...she's beautiful.

JESSICA

Just like her mother.

Jessica smiles as Riley stares in amazement at her baby. Ellie pulls out a camera and gives it to her mother.

ELLIE

Here mom!

Jessica

Huh? Oh ok! Say cheese!

A flash floods the stage and a muffled cry is heard.

Riley

I..I'm speechless...This is amazing.

ELLIE

What are you gonna name her?

Riley looks up at Ellie and Jessica then smiles.

RILEY

Faith.

Lights fade. Riley's voice and her child's cry are the only things heard.

RILEY'S VOICE

Wow! Thats all i can really say. I can't believe i have a baby...a baby girl to be exact. She's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I have to put her up for adoption but I know she'll be better off. I don't want to give her up...it's just so hard but she'll be in better care. I'm going to see if i can visit her. I don't want to disappear from her life. I know that i have to change. This is something i never would have expected and it's not going to be easy. But i know that i have people there for me like Ellie and Jessica. My parents aren't really there but maybe one day they will be...I don't know? All i know is that I'm not going to be how they are. I want her to know that i love her. And as for her father...well i haven't heard from him ever since i ran out of the clinic. Someone from school said he moved. I don't even know if the police did anything but oh well. I guess sometimes we have to give a life to gain a life, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally here!! Sorry for the wait! I hope you enjoyed it!!