A Life for a Life

Scene 4

Scene 4

The stage is dark.

RILEY'S VOICE:

I'm gonna do it. I have no other choice. I'm soo scared. I...I don't know exactly what to say.

Riley, uneasy, enters into a room that looks like a doctors office. She looks for the receptionist but no one is there. She takes a seat nearby and looks down at the floor. Her phone rings, startling her.

RILEY:

Hel..Hello? (pause) Yeah...Ellie, I can't do it by myself and Silas won't help either. He's the one who wants me to. (pause) The one by the school. (pause) Yeah. Ok.

She hangs up and sits quietly. She looks up at the empty reception desk.

RILEY:

Where is the dumb receptionist? I just want to do this and get out.

A few moments pass and Ellie walks in looking rushed.

ELLIE:

There you are! Riley...i don't know about this.

Ellie looks over at the empty desk.

RILEY:

Don't start! Please just leave. I-

ELLIE:

No, I'm not leaving you alone especially here. Stop being dumb. Let's talk about this.

Riley gets up from her seat, walks to the reception desk and bangs on it.

RILEY:

There's NOTHING to talk about! Hey! Where the hell are you people!!? I want to get this done NOW!

ELLIE:

Riley! Stop! Your making a mistake!

Riley beings to cry as she bangs harder and harder on the desk.

RILEY:

SHUT UP ELLIE! You don't understand!

Ellie grabs Riley by the arm as tears start to stream down her face.

ELLIE:

I don't understand?! What makes you think I don't understand?

RILEY:

What the hell are you talking about? You've never had to do-

Riley stops for a second to see tears streaming down.

ELLIE:

I've been in your position. Riley, things happen to everyone not just you. I know it wasn't your fault but you can't do this. There are consequences and what if something goes wrong? I know your hurting because of this and your parent will flip but i can't let you suffer like me. It hurts more than you can imagine...Please listen to me just this once! My mom will help. We don't have to tell your parents until later. Then we can put your baby up for adoption. You won't have to take care of it.

RILEY:

I can't...

ELLIE:

You can stay at my house tonight. Please...don't do this.

RILEY:

But...I'm so confused.

Ellie hugs her and reassures her that she is going to be ok. Lights fade.
♠ ♠ ♠
Scene 4 <3 will she do it? Read and comment!