If I Could Go Back in Time

Fifteen

Mercy was still sitting on her bed, after Jenna had tried talking some sense into her. She sighed and bit her lip, then grabbed her phone off the night stand. She hit the speed dial for Zacky’s number. It went straight to voice mail.

“Great,” Mercy huffed. She heard the door slam downstairs and she got up to see who it was. She didn’t expect Austin to back already and he was talking animatedly with Jenna.

“Mer, I hate to ask you this after what happened with Zack, but can you watch Austin for us?” Jenna pouted.

Mercy sighed, but nodded her head yes.

“Thank you so much. I owe you,” Jenna replied. She slipped on some shoes, told little Austin good-bye and walked out the door.

“Well, I guess it’s just you and me again tonight buddy,” Mercy said.

Austin nodded, “Are mommy and daddy going to get back together?” He climbed up onto Mercy’s lap.

“I don’t know baby…”

“Oh….what happened with you and uncle Zacky?”

“We got into a fight, baby, that’s all….”

Mercy’s phone vibrated.

I’m sorry.

It was from Zacky of course. She rolled her eyes.

I don’t believe you.

She hit send and waited.

Can we talk?

Mercy bit her lip before she replied.

I’m babysitting, but you can come over and I’ll put Austin to bed.

Okay, I’ll be over soon.

“Austin, let’s get you into your pajamas and I’ll let you watch a movie while you’re trying to sleep, okay?”

“Okay, can I watch The Lion King?”

“Sure kiddo.”

Austin climbed up into his bed and Mercy tucked him. She turned on the TV and put the movie into the DVD player.

“I’ll be downstairs if you need me, okay?”

“Okay, goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”

Mercy turned off the light and then walked out of his room. It wasn’t long after she walked back into the living room that Zacky walked through the front door.

“Mercy, I am so sorry. I shouldn’t have done that. I should have kept my promise. I love you so much and you deserve so much better than me. I’m really not worth the dirt on your shoes. You’re never going to forgive me, are you?”

“Zacky, I forgive you. I forgave you the second I found out. I love you that much, but you will have to earn my trust back. I can’t just give it back freely…”

“I know..”

Zacky walked over to Mercy and wrapped his arms around her.

“I hate fighting with people and I can’t stay mad at people for long, Zack, you should know that by now…”

“I know…I’m going to try…”

“Okay..”

Zacky sat down on the couch and pulled Mercy on top of him. He started to kiss her.

“You can’t just kiss me and make everything better.”

Zacky rolled his eyes, “Just shut up and kiss me Mercy.”

Mercy wrapped her arms around him and continued to kiss him. Zacky’s hands move under her shirt and up her stomach.

“Zacky, Austin is asleep upstairs.”

“So you’ll just have to be quiet.”

Mercy rolled her eyes, but let him continue what he was doing.

“Let’s go to my room…” Mercy trailed off.

“Mkay,” Zacky replied eagerly.

He followed her up the stairs and into her room. He closed the door and locked it.

“We have to be quiet,” Mercy said as she lifted her shirt over her head.

“Oh we will,” Zacky replied, smirking.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I like this chapter.
I can't keep Zacky and Mercy fighting for long....sorry.