If I Could Go Back in Time

Nineteen

Mercy came home the next morning and saw Jenna on the couch watching TV.

“Hey, how did you’re little date thing go?” Jenna asked.

Mercy blushed, “It went great. How was yours?”

“Good. I think Austin and I have something good going for us.”

Mercy raised an eyebrow, “So how was the sex anyway? I mean, you finally got some.”

“Haha. It was amazing, if you must know. Definitely worth the wait.”

“I’ll say and you told me to keep quiet?”

Jenna stuck out her tongue at Mercy and Mercy rolled her eyes.

“Well, I’m going up to take another shower,” Mercy said.

“Another one?”

“Well, I tried to take one at Zacky’s and it didn’t work out too well, so I’m going to take another one so I don’t smell like sex.”

Jenna laughed, “Have fun with that.”

Mercy jogged up the stairs and into her bedroom. After taking a quick shower, she got dressed in some jeans and a Jack and Sally top. She sighed as she realized she had a couple of hickies on her neck. Damn Zacky.

Four weeks had come and gone before anyone knew it. Things were still going great between everyone, so far.

Mercy had left work early because she wasn’t feeling good. Brian made her go home.

“Mer? What are you doing home?” Jenna asked, curiously.

“I didn’t feel good so Brian made me come home,” She replied.

“Oh…what’s wrong?”

“I don’t know. I just feel like crap and my period is late so I’m stressed about it.”

“Mercy, do you think you’re pregnant?”

“The thought crossed my mind…”

“Do you want me to get you a test?”

Mercy shook her head, “I’ll go get one.”

“Okay. I’ll be here when you get back.”

Mercy walked back out of the house and got into her car. The drive to the pharmacy wasn’t far and she was there before she knew it. She walked inside and immediately found the pregnancy tests. She grabbed about six and walked to the counter.

“Is this all?” The cashier asked, giving Mercy one of those looks.

“Yes, that’s all and I’d appreciate it if you would quit giving me that look. I’m an adult and can make my own decisions.”

The cashier just looked shocked and then told Mercy her total. Mercy shook her head as she grabbed her bag of tests and walked out the door.

She finally got home and Jenna jumped at her as she walked inside.

“So, go up and take them before I have to go get Austin.”

“Ugh…okay.”

Mercy marched upstairs and into the bathroom. She grabbed one out of the bag and opened the box before she did what the instructions said to do.

Then she laid the test on the sink before walking back down stairs.

“We have to wait five minutes.”

That was the longest five minutes of Mercy’s life.

“Time’s up,” Jenna chimed.

Mercy bit her lip and Jenna grabbed her hand for moral support. They both walked up the stairs to the bathroom. Mercy looked down at the stick.

“Oh my God!”

“What?”

Mercy started to hyperventilate, “It’s positive.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This was the one you guys had been waiting for...
:]