If I Could Go Back in Time

Twenty-One

Mercy sat on her bed, pregnancy test in hand, waiting on Zacky.

“Mercy?” Zack asked as he walked up the stairs.

“I’m in my room,” She replied. She took a deep breath when Zacky opened the door.

“Babe?”

“Um, we have to talk Zack.”

Zacky sat down next to her on the bed and noticed the test in her hands.

“Is that what I think it is?”

“Yes, and it’s positive.”

“What the hell Mercy?”

Mercy looked at him, “What?”

Zacky scoffed, “And you really think it’s mine?”

Mercy’s eyes widened in shock, “Of course it’s yours. Who else’s would it be?”

Zacky sighed, “I’m sorry Mercy. I…I just don’t know what to think of all of this. I’m not ready for a kid yet.”

“What about that night we talked about it? You said you would be there for me.”

“I know, but I didn’t think it would be this soon.”

“Newsflash Zack, it did!”

“Apparently.” Zacky got up and stormed out of Mercy’s room.

“ZACK?!” Mercy yelled, “Fuck.”

She got up and ran down the stairs to try to catch him before he left.

“Wait! Zack!”

Mercy pushed him up against the front door, “I love you so much. Please don’t leave me.”

“Mercy, just give me some time to think, alright? I love you, too. I’ll be back later.”

Zacky kissed Mercy and left her crying on the doorstep.
That’s where Jenna and little A found her when they got home a little while later as they had stopped to eat.

“Austin, please go up to your room?” Jenna asked her son. He just nodded his head.

“Mercy, what happened?”

“He said he needed time to think…”

“Oh...Mercy, I’m sure everything will be fine.”

“No, no it won’t. You didn’t see the look he had in his eyes….”Mercy trailed off in an almost zombie like state.

“C’mon, let’s get you up from here,” Jenna said trying to get Mercy up, but she wouldn’t budge.

“Mercy! Get up!”

Something snapped in Mercy’s mind and she got up with Jenna’s help. Jenna walked her to her room and made her get in bed.

“I’ll call him in a little while for you, alright? We will sort everything out. He loves you Mercy.”

Mercy just shook her head and turned over to go to sleep. Jenna walked out the door and almost cried as she heard Mercy start crying again.

“I’m going to kick his motherfucking ass,” Jenna muttered.

“Jenna? Is Mercy here?” Jenna heard Brian call.

“Yeah, she’s in her room, trying to sleep. Zacky pretty much broke her heart again.”

“What happened? Zacky is over at Matt and Val’s, crying. I’ve never seen him cry and he wouldn’t tell us what was going on.”

“Long story short, Mercy is pregnant and Zack freaked the fuck out. I have enough shit going on in my life. I don’t need Zack being an asshole to my best friend.”

“Wow…shit. That’s fucking crazy.”

“I know.”

“Um, well, do you mind if I go up and check on her?”

“No go ahead.”

Jenna watched Brian walk up stairs before she walked into the kitchen.

“Mercy?” Brian asked.

“Hm?” Mercy sniffled.

“Are you okay? Jenna told me what happened.”

“No, I’m not. He hates me and I didn’t mean to get pregnant. This is as much his fault as it is mine.”

Brian made her scoot over and he lay down next to her, wrapping his arms around her.

“Zack is just being an ass right now because he doesn’t know what to do. Everything will be okay in the end. He loves you.”

“I hope so. Thanks for holding me Bri. I really need some comfort and I know it’s a little weird for Jenna to be like this with me.”

“You’re welcome, baby doll.”

Mercy ended up falling asleep in Brian’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...Team Zack or Team Brian?
You guys will hate me soon.
hahaha.
I love writing this story with Jackie.
:]