If I Could Go Back in Time

Four

A couple of days later, the party Mercy helped plan was in full swing. It was held at Zacky’s house since his backyard is the biggest. Mercy was holding Ichabod, Zacky’s dog, because some crazy girl almost stepped all over him. You would think big bad rock star Zacky Vengeance would have a big, mean dog, but no. Icky is the cutest thing ever.

Anyway, Mercy had just found Jenna.

“Hey, took you forever to get here,” Mercy said.

Jenna sighed, “Yeah, I know. The babysitter canceled last minute so your mom offered to watch him.”

“Oh okay. That’s cool.”

Zacky stumbled over to them. He was already pretty much wasted and the party had only been going on for an hour.

“Zacky, babe, are you okay?” Mercy asked.

Zacky just nodded and then stumbled back the other way.

“What you see in that boy, I’ll never know,” Jenna muttered.

“Oh come on. He’s hot. Those tattoos and snakebites are an added bonus.”

“Pshh.”

Mercy rolled her eyes at Jenna and they both walked into the kitchen. Matt, Brian, and Jimmy were sitting around with some guys and a girl that they didn’t recognize.

“Here Mattie, take Zack’s dog,” Mercy said thrusting Icky into Matt’s arms.

“Why?” He whined..

“Some bitch almost stepped on him.”

Matt just sighed and sat Icky down on the floor.

“Oh, Mercy, Jenna, these are the guys of Hinder. And that is Jami, Austin’s wife.”

Jenna bit her lip as she finally realized who the guys of Hinder were. She could feel herself flushing red and she wanted to leave. They were sitting there in front of her, all but one. She only recognized two out of the four that she could see.

“Mercy, I have to go. I can’t stay.” Jenna said nervously. Her words were fast and broken, but she got them out clearly enough.

“But you just got here Jenna! You can’t leave.”

“I…I h-have to Mercy, it’s important that I leave okay.” Jenna said, trying to get away before he came back, before he saw her.

“No Jenna, come on. Stay a little while longer, have fun.” Mercy said with cheer, not really noticing her friend’s frustration.

“Mercy, stop. I’m going home; I have to go home.” Jenna said and backed away from the kitchen.

“Jenna, come on. Be still, and have a fun time. I don’t know what’s up with you.” Mercy said. “Look, they are nice guys. This is Cody…uh…”

“Blower, Mark, and Mike. We lost Austin somewhere.”

“Yea and I’m starting to wonder where the hell he is.” Jami said. “Bring me here and disappear.”

“Mercy, I have to go.” Jenna said, still trying to get away. Mercy grabbed hold of her arms.

“Jenna, what’s the matter. I’m sure your kid is fine, relax. This is supposed to be a party.”

“Oh, here comes my honey bear.” Jami said. Jenna panicked.

“Mercy let me go! Come on Mercy! Please!” She cried, but Mercy wouldn’t let go.

“Not until you tell me what the problem is.”

“Oh my god. Jenna?” Asked an all too familiar voice.

“Thank you Mercy!” Jenna snapped. She looked up at him and she pulled free of Mercy’s grip. “Hi Austin.” She said nervously.

“Wait, you know each other?”

“Jenna…”

“What!? Yes it’s me Austin! Jenna Madison, do you need a detailed description!” Jenna yelled. “What are you all looking at?! I am going home!” She yelled and stormed out of the kitchen, with Mercy and Austin following behind her. Mercy caught up with her first.

“What the hell was that about Jenna? You know him?”

“Yes I know him! Is that such a big deal?! Why won’t you just let me go home?!” Jenna cried, now with tears running down her face.

“How do you know him?”

“It doesn’t matter. Just leave me alone okay.”

“Tell me Jenna, I’m your friend, I want to to know.”

“No! Just let it be. Let me go, before he gets over here.”

“Tell me why you hate him so much Jenna.”

“I don’t hate him! He’s Austin’s father okay!” Jenna yelled. Mercy stood with her mouth open slightly.

“He-He’s what?” She said in shock. Austin finally caught up to them, and Jenna turned away.

“Jen, how…what are…oh my god.” He said.

“Just go back to your wife Austin.” Jenna said, trying to hide from him. She didn’t want him to see her tears. She didn’t want him to think about her at all.

“What are you doing here?” He finally managed to get a complete sentence out.

“It doesn’t matter Austin, just go back to where you were with your wife.” Jenna said.

“Jen, can’t we talk. At least, it’s been almost eight years since I’ve seen you.”

“It’s been more than eight years.” Jenna said, thinking about the fact that her son was seven in May and it was now the end of October. With gestation period included, it had been over eight years since she had seen the father of her child.

“Okay then, more than eight years. Jenna, let’s talk, let’s catch up or something.”

“He’s what?” Mercy asked again, still in shock. “Oh! That’s why you named him A…” She started when Jenna put her hand over her mouth and dragged her away.

“Shut up Mercy!” She shouted. “He doesn’t need to know about Austin.”

“Jenna! Austin deserves to know about his father, and his father deserves to know he has a son.”

“Look at him Mercy, he’s married, he’s happy. Let’s just leave it at that, okay.” Jenna said. Mercy looked at her in the eye, and Jenna had never felt so uncomfortable.

“You know that the baby has been asking about his dad Jenna. He asks me, he asks Zacky and Brian. Now his father is right there, don’t take that away from him. This is his only chance.” Mercy said. She then took Jenna by the arm and shoved her back towards Austin. “She has something to tell you. Don’t you Jenna?”

“Mercy, stay out of it!” Jenna said. There was a buzz of her cell phone from her pocket. Great, why is someone bothering me at this moment? This so perfect moment. she thought to herself. She took the cell phone out of her pocket and looked at the text message. Goodnight Mommy read in big capital letters. “I do have something to tell you.” She started after looking at that, and tears filled her eyes.

“Jenna, what happened?” He asked her and put a hand on her shoulder.

“I can’t tell you without showing you.” She said. “I have to go home now.”

“Jenna, honey, tell me what’s the matter.”

“If your wife wasn’t here, I’d ask you to come with me. It’s so important, but not tonight. Tonight you stay here with her, and I will just go home.” Jenna said.

“How will I ever find out then?”

“Call me. Or maybe I will bring it to you, here. In a few minutes.”

“Jenna what are you talking about?”

“You’ll see.” She said. She looked over his shoulder and saw Jami coming towards them. “Your wife is coming. Here, I can’t tell you tonight, with her here watching you all the time.” She said and gave him a piece of paper with her cell phone number on it. She then turned and left the party. She went home and let Mercy’s mom go home. She took her little boy to bed and lay him down.

“I have a surprise for you. I don’t know when I can give it to you, but I promise you will love it.” She said before kissing him goodnight and going to bed herself..
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm bored...
Listening to We The Kings on 96.5 The Mountain and regretting not entering that contest to win them to come to my house.
So, I'm extremely jealous of this girl named Sarah from Tennessee...
lol
The beginning of this chapter was written by me and then the part after where Jenna realizes who they are was written by Jackie.
:]