If I Could Go Back in Time

Nine

Mercy stayed at Zacky’s that night and the next morning, she woke up still wrapped in his arms, on the couch.

“Good morning, Mer,” Zacky said kissing her forehead.

“Good morning. What time is it?” Mercy asked.

“Um, almost ten.”

“Shit….I need to get back to the house. I wanna see how it went with Austin.”

Zacky laughed, “Okay. Are you coming back over later?”

“Probably.” Mercy got up and pulled her shoes on then grabbed her stuff. She kissed Zacky on the cheek and then walked out of the house.

It didn’t take her long to get back to her house and Jenna was sitting on the couch.

“Hey, where’s Austin?” Mercy asked.

“He’s upstairs playing video games,” Jenna replied.

Mercy nodded, “How did it go with his dad?” She sat down next to Jenna.

“It went really well. I think this might work as long as his wife doesn’t get in the way,” Jenna replied, bitterly.

“Wow....what happened with her?”

“Austin was going to take little Austin with him, but he called Jami and she said no. She was saying something about wanting to make sure he was really Austin’s son. She pissed me off.”

“Oh..what a bitch. You want me to punch her next time I see her?”

“No, that’s okay Mercy, but thanks.”

“No problem.”

“So what did you and Zacky get up to?”

Mercy giggled, “Well, he’s officially my boyfriend.”

“Oh hell yeah, you go girl. It is about time.”

“I know. Gah, I’m so happy right now.”

“I’m happy for you.”

Mercy leaned back into the couch and pulled her feet up under her.

“So he really married Jami?”

Jenna nodded.

“She’s pretty, but she has a shitty personality and that kind of ruins it.”

“Yeah, well, you know how shit goes….”

“Mhmm.”

It was silent for few minutes before little Austin came running down the stairs.

“Aunt Mercy! You’re home,” He said and jumped up onto her lap.

“Ooof! Yeah, I’m finally home.”

“I met my daddy last night. He’s so cool,” Austin beamed.

“Yeah, baby. That’s awesome.” Mercy kissed his head affectionately and Austin scooted over so he was in between his mom and Mercy.

“Ya know, we really need to come up with a nickname for you. It’s going to get confusing like it did will all the guys named Matt,” Mercy declared.

Jenna laughed, “Yeah, I mean, we have Matt Sanders, Matt Baker, and Matt Berry. Talk about confusing…..”

“I like those guys too,” Austin randomly threw in.

“Yeah, we do too, buddy.”

“Little Vengeance will be your brother in law if you and Zacky get married,” Jenna said.

Mercy scoffed, “We’ve been dating for all of twenty-four hours, Jenna. Don’t talk about marriage.”

“You’re getting old though,” Austin said, looking up at Mercy innocently.

Jenna started laughing, while Mercy looked appalled. She gave Austin a look and he took off running with Mercy on his heels. Mercy caught up to him and started a tickle war.

“Your mom is getting old. I’m a year younger than her,” Mercy laughing at Austin trying to get away from her.

“Okay okay, I give.”

Mercy stopped and helped him up.

“Now what do you say to Aunt Mercy?”

Austin pouted, “I’m sorry.”

“You’re forgiven.”

“Mommy, Mercy tickled me until I gave up,” he whined to Jenna.

Jenna was currently wiping tears from her eyes because she was laughing so hard.

“Yeah, I know. I saw that. And you shouldn’t have called her old….she is a year younger than me. I’m not old either.”

“I haven’t really spent that much time with you guys in the last couple of days. I think we should just have a Mercy, Jenna and Austin day,” Mercy said sitting back down on the couch.

“Me too. The Three Musketeers are back together,” Austin exclaimed as he sat on Jenna’s lap.

The entire day they sat around and just enjoyed each other’s company.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really like this chapter.
Comment/subscribe, please?