Don't Be so Scared

Chapter 3

All the guys were having Butcher do their make-up so he was swamped.

Good thing I didn’t tell anybody I had a degree in make-up artistry.

Suckers.

Jack was already finished getting ready.

“Jack you are the type of vampire that makes us all look bad.” I joked.

“You’re going to be a vampire too?” He asked part happy to be the first (not including William) to know, part upset that he wouldn’t be the only vampire.

“I’m always a vampire.” I stated.

“Where are your fangs?”

“They’re in my make-up bag in the bathroom. I just haven’t put them in yet.”

“Did Butcher do your make-up too, it’s amazing?” Jack was sometimes very inquisitive.

“Nope. I did. I’m a girl. I’ve been doing make-up since I was thirteen. Actually don’t tell anybody but I have a make-up artistry degree.” I spoke the last part softly so no one would hear but him.

He laughed. “So you didn’t tell anybody because you didn’t want everybody to come to you for help.”

“Exactly.” I smiled then walked off to the bathroom.

That’s where I found William using my white foundation already dressed in his costume.

“Johnson, you’re doing my make-up right?” He was the only one who knew about my make-up skills.

“Sure but I need to get dressed.” I assumed that meant he’d leave but sure enough he didn’t.

“Are you going to let me get dressed?” I asked after pulling off my over shirt.

“I’m not stopping you.” He smirked.

I sighed giving up and just continued changing.

I pulled off my street clothes then tugged on my fishnets.

William just scoffed lightly when I had a slight struggle with the stupid stockings.

“Need help with those?”

I glared up playfully at him. “Shut up.”

He turned back making sure his face was covered thick enough.

I finally got the stupid things on then moved to the dress.

I put my arms though the short sleeves and zipped it up.

“It’s perfect Jae.” He smiled at me.

“Thanks Beckett.” I smiled back and clipped the little nurse hat into my hair. “Now sit down so I can reach your face.”

“You gotta make me look like the scull on my scepter.” He said as he sat down and grabbed the scepter so I could see it.

“You want that X?” I asked just making sure.

“Yep.” He chirped simply.

I got to work making him look like the perfect skeleton.

“Bill where did you find those contacts they’re fuckin’ sexy.” I made conversation.

He laughed his musical little chuckle. “Vegas. There was a little shop on Fremont street not to far from Jillians that sold them. I‘m glad you like ‘em.”

“Well you know I like creepy.” I joked.

Soon enough William was good and creepy, face painted just like a scull.

“Thanks Jae.” He smiled sweetly after examining it in the mirror.

“No prob, Becks.”

“Now put on your shoes and fangs so we can finally quell the guys’ curiosity.” He said starting to toss my stuff back into my make-up bag for me.

After I got my shoes on and slid my fangs on and he dragged me out then had me stand behind him.

“Guys! Are you ready to see the greatest costume of the night?” William announced.

The guys gathered, none of them were far to begin with.

Jack was standing around filming the stuff going on.

“Nurse Johnnie Blood!” He slid out of the way.

I smiled to show off the fangs and struck a pose.

I heard lots of wolf whistles and cheers.

“You can come on after Mike and be like his nurse and assist him.” Tony said as he wrote down something on a little slip of paper.

“All the girls in the audience are going to hate you because I’m not a real woman and I hate you.” Sisky said in his purple dress clad glory.

“Do I really have to go on stage?” I whined.

“Everybody else is. So yes.” Mike (who was dressed up as a creepy ass clown doctor) responded without hesitation.

I frowned even harder.

“So you’re going to be on after Mike to a song that fits your character.” Tony explained it as he continued writing.

He finally looked up from his paper, “So what song should Johnnie Blood come out to?” He spoke to all the guys.

William’s name for the character stuck, crazy that he thought of it on the fly like that.

“How about Blue Oyster Cult’s ‘I Love The Night’ the part, She said I love the night, The day is OK and the sun can be fun, But I live to see those rays slip away, I love the night, you know the chorus.” William suggested. Why is he having all these good ideas?

“I’ll talk to James.” Tony said walking off with his list in hand.

“Sisky are you wearing a bra?” I asked looking over at him and the fake chest he acquired.

“Yes I’m wearing a bra. I’m a tranny.” I don’t think I was the first to ask this question.

“You should have just borrowed one of my bras then stuffed it. You could have had a big rack.” I offered.

“I thought about that but I didn’t think your boobs would work on my frame. Plus I thought these would be more realistic because they have nipples.” He smiled his signature smile, the one that told about his less than serious view on life.

“All grown up and still fascinated by nipples.” I joked. “But it seems like you were thinking way to seriously about the size of your breasts, like a real woman. Sisky is there something you need to tell us?”

Everybody was laughing at our little exchange.

We practiced our little intro once before doors and I think the kids are going to love it.

I come out after Mike from the opposite side of the stage and walk across the stage (William told me to strut) and help Dr Fear (Mike) tie his balloons to his amps. Then after everybody comes out the ten of us (Butcher, Bill, Carden, Chizzy, Sisky, Tony, Mikey, Jack, Jobra, and me) take a shot.

There was something about the bartender that was making the shots that left me unsettled.

She had a weird accent and all of these creepy necklaces. She was probably just a voodoo Priestess for Halloween. The worst thing she never even looked like she thought about smiling and there was something sinister behind her ghoulish green eyes.

I mentioned this to Mike and he told me not to worry about it and put his arm over my shoulder for comfort.

Although he was a little too creepy for comfort.

Butcher went on stage to ‘kill’ Nate and play “Snakes On A Plane” before actually getting himself ready.

Sisky put his taco suit and a gray hooded sweatshirt on for his little moment on stage with Cobra.

William took his outfit off too he had clothes on beneath it and put a red and black mask on with some shades.

I was going to have to touch up any smears though.

I loved Gabe’s robot costume, I think it was the best.

Soon enough the lights went down in preparation for the next band for the final time of the night.

It was our time.

But I still hadn’t been able to shake that eerie feeling that was hanging over this place like an extravagant chandelier.

Unfortunately the show must go on.