Rosie May

Rosie May

I fucked up again. Oh my God, I fucked up again. As always. I’m a good for nothing, Mike’s right, damn right. Ok, I have to explain.

I’m trying to write something new for the album, you know, for Green Day, for myself. Right now it seems like I have no more inspiration, I wake up in the morning and I don’t feel like doing anything, I’m a lazy cow.

And so I went out last night. I needed booze, I couldn’t stay home anymore, I was going to explode. Well... I know, I know, I’m a mess.

I went to this pub. Well, pub. Club’s better. It was called The Ruby Room. I swear, I didn’t know. It was a stripper club. I... I just didn’t know. Well, I think I should have guessed... Ruby Room... red is the same fucking color in the end, the color of wine. I was looking for wine. I only wanted it, not the rest. But red, and so ruby, is the color of passion. Fucking passion, fucking hell of a fucking fuck.

Yeah, maybe one day I’ll make up my mind. Oh, no, I just have to take off my brain and freeze it, it doesn’t work properly in my shitty skull.

Okay, I’ll go ahead.

Yeah, when I realized it was a stripper club I wanted to go away... you know, I saw Adie in my head telling me to go home, and I wanted to obey, but... but this girl came and... well...

Aw, fucking shit, I mean, I’ve never seen Adrienne dressed like that, and... I guess it drove me mad. She had the most beautiful dress on. Dress... ah, it was a combination of strings and small pieces of fabric all over her oh-so-wonderful body. Plus, she was covered in tattoos. Her nails were black. Her hair was red. Bright red. And her eyes... a deep shade of blue, dark make up and red eyelashes. I saw her and my heart went mad.

She started it all, because she talked to me. She asked me if I needed something, because, like she said: ‘You look shocked!’. I dare anyone not to look shocked with such an amazing girl talking to you.

I remember that I heard myself answering, and I mean, I could have told her that I was ok, and go away, but no.

We ended up talking and laughing sitting on two chairs at the bar, drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon and wine. She was fun, even though her job was to take off her clothes in front of horny man (I then realized I was one of them), she was smart. Her name was Rosie May.

I wasn’t drunk at all when she asked me if I wanted to go home. Her home. My mind was in complete turmoil: “I have to go home, Adrienne will be very worried, the kids... her legs... her chest...”

Yeah, my thoughts were only of her. Rosie May. And so, what did I do? Yeah, I went with her after she changed in more normal clothes.

When we arrived home she took three bottles of wine out of the fridge and placed them in front of me. Fuck, wine! I drank the first one in almost one gulp. That’s when I started to feel a bit tipsy. We were talking, well, I was slurring to tell the truth... and, well, she got closer and closer... but the problem was that I was the one to fill the gap between us.

I kissed her.

I kissed her.

I fucking kissed her.

We made out for what it seemed ages. Then... my mind stopped working at all.

But I have an excuse for what I did after: first of all, her lips. They were so soft and sweet, I kissed them, I nibbled on them, I licked them. We were one thing, her moving on top of me made me fly off the wall, her red hair tickling my skin was driving me crazy.

It ended up with the two of us having sex. The worst part of it is that I enjoyed it. I mean, I could have had some guilty flowing in my veins, but no. I felt... good. I loved the passion between us, I loved every single moment we shared.

And now I’m here, trying to keep her off of my head, with the images of last night playing in slow motion in mydirty skull.

I phoned Mikes and asked if he could tell Adie I was with him last night. He said yes, but wants some explanation. Well, he’s not a problem in the end. He’s my best friend, for God’s sake. I hope he will understand.

And Adie... I don’t want to let her know. Because I’m not gonna see Rosie May for the rest of my life. No. Because, yes, I do have had a night full of passion with her, but I’m still in love with my wonderful wife, Adrienne.

It was a mistake. Yeah, a mistake.

A wonderful mistake, because it got me to new inspiration.

A side band. I have to talk to the guys.

And this is the lyric I wrote and hour ago.

RUBY ROOM

Fourteenth street, booze and swallow
I'm gonna drown my sorrow.
Dirty floors and sticky tables.
For the willing and the able.

All the zombies on a hot Friday night.
Going down to the Ruby Room.
I'm gonna meet my doom.
By the name of Rosie May.
She's the night pick of the day.

Lucky Strike and I will travel.
As a Pabst Blue Ribbon unravels.
Gonna drink my hard earned pay.
'Cause it doesn't matter anyway, yeah.
Seeing double on a one last one night stand.

Goin' down to the Ruby Room.
I'm gonna meet my doom.
By the name of Rosie May.
She's the midnight pick of the day.

Going down to the Ruby Room.
I'm gonna meet my doom.
By the name of Rosie May.
She's the midnight pick of the day.

Going down to the Ruby Room.
Going down to the Ruby Room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? :D