The Letters of an Autophobic

Taste Of Ink

Mikey's POV+

I tried to follow her long strides. Wow, she's really fast. As I caught up, we headed into the school. She clenched her bag very tightly and when I looked at her face, she seemed fierce. It was scary, so why was I doing this? Oh right, for my big brother who would owe me big if this chick turned out to be psycho.

"Gerard..." she muttered distastefully, like his name was a forbidden curse.

"Yeah, what's so bad about Gee?" I asked meekly. Like I really wanted to die today?

"You know what's wrong with your brother? He's a lying hypocrite. It's like.. do as I say, not as I do and I hate it!" she seethed.

"He's like that sometimes, but he does mean well. See, he just wants-" I abruptly stopped when she stopped and looked straight into my eyes, "Um.. look, he wants me to look after you since he knows he'd screw up if he did this over the internet, which I'm guessing is how you guys hooked up since I came to this school just this year and he graduated back in Belleview..."

"He wants you to take care of me?" she scoffed, "I DO NOT need taking care of! All I want is him to just be there for me. I wanted a friend, not a care taker!"

She was yelling in whispered tones, but people around her heard.

"Creep, be more like your brother and I'm sure you'd get some action."

"Please, she's got no chance, she's psycho."

She looked at me and for once, since we've talked, that she didn't look like that brave, stuck up girl. She finally looked like the broken girl Gerard described to me. She lifted her hand and waved it amongst the crowds passing us.

"Exhibit A, this school is a problem. I have no friends because they think I'm a nut who belongs in a nuthouse because I'm not like Nathan. So don't get involved Michael, I'm just a lost cause."
♠ ♠ ♠
Mom's bitching so I have to stop. sorry. D: