Falling For A Stranger

Chapter 3

“Wake up Gabriella.”

~Why do I keep sleeping till late and why do they keep waking me up early?!~

You really wanted to protest, but seeing as the one waking you up was your father, you couldn’t, so you just did as told.

“Good morning Daddy!” you said cheerfully while stretching. At least it wasn’t your mother or your boyfriend and besides that, you liked your father too much.

“Good morning sweetie.” He answered you sweetly, before turning to your mother and changing his expression. “Did you saw that? It wasn’t difficult, was it Liliana?”

Your mom just rolled her eyes before she grabbed your dad’s arm and headed towards the door.

“By the way Gabi, we are flying to Washington in about…4hrs.” your dad said checking his watch while being drag by your mom out of the room.

“4 HOURS?!” you scream to no one in particular.

2and a half hours later, you were ready to go in your outfit and with your suitcase packed as well, waiting for your parents in the living room.

“Gabriella what the fuck are you wearing?!”Gian shouted while appearing behind you.

“I-I..well..” you tried to answer him but you could see he was really pissed at your lack of fashion.

“Doesn’t she look beautiful Gian?” said your father coming down the stairs.

~Thank you, thank you, thank you Dad! ~

“Well…yes Sir, she always looks stunning.” Gian answered him. He had to, after all, your dad was the reason Gian and you were together. All for money…

“I just love it when she dresses as simple as possible, because then is when she shows her full beauty. My daughter doesn’t need that extravagant clothing she sometimes uses. Right Gian?” Dad

“You are absolutely correct Sir.” Gian

You knew he didn’t agree with your father at all, he thought you were ugly and fat, but hearing him telling those things about you and the true smile and look in your dad’s face had made your day.

“Thank you so much daddy!” you said while your father stepped next to you and hug him.

“And I really want to believe you just talked to my only and beloved daughter like that because you were happy to see her and didn’t thought of the words escaping your mouth.” He said sending a hard look you didn’t catch to your boyfriend.

“Oh! Yes Sir! That won’t be happening again.”

“By the way, Gian what are you doing here?” you asked him.

“I just came here to see you, like always.” He shrugged.

“Well I’m sorry to tell you my dear that we are just about to catch our fly to Washington” your mother said now getting into the conversation.

“What?! When are you going?” Gian

“In about…now” dad

“Why didn’t Gabi tell me you were leaving without her?”

“Because she is coming too, it was decided today.”

“Can’t I come with?” Gian urged.

“Ye-” your mother was about to say ‘yes!’ but was interrupted by you.

“No!” you said without realizing. ~I’m going to pay for these later…~

“Why?” Gian had obviously disliked your answer.

“Well because we want to have family time after the ball.” Dad

~Thanks again Daddy! Wait…~

“Ball?” you and Gian asked at the same time.

“Yes, we were invited to a really important one today.” Dad

“Oh” you

“You are my girlfriend Gabriella! You can’t just go to a ball without me! What would you do there that you don’t want me to witness?” Gian was pissed…

“What are you insinuating about my daughter?!” ok, so was your Dad.

You had never seen your dad mad at Gian, this was your first time witnessing it and it was scary…but at the same time you felt protected.

“N-nothing Sir. Nothing at all” Gian was really taken back too.

“It is really strange you weren’t invited as well…But, if you excuse us, we are going to be late” mom

Ethan’s POV:

~After being a lifetime on a plane, we are finally arriving to The Ritz-Carlton, thanks God! ~

“Ethan, why are you staring at the limo’s roof?” Dad

“Oh, it’s nothing father. Can we get out of here now?” Ethan

“You sound like a little boy Ethan” the woman in front of you said.

“Well mom, I really need to stretch after the flight.”

At the lobby…

“Well these would be your keys for The Ritz-Carlton Suite and enjoy your day” receptionist

“See you Mom, Dad. I’ll go explore Washington.” you

Gabriella’s POV:

“Well, here we go Washington!” you

It was actually your first ‘trip’ without Gian and you felt free, you loved the feeling.

~I don’t know if it’s just me being happy for being here, or what? And the fact that we are staying in The Ritz just makes it all better, I love this place! But now, I need to find something to wear for tomorrow’s Ball…~
♠ ♠ ♠
There it is!

Yes, it's short, but I don't know what to write next... I really hope you like it and am glad you are commenting on the story!

Thank you so much for that! It really means a lot for me to know what you think or expect about my story. So could you help me with something?

Should Gabriella and Ethan see each other for the first time in the next chapter? Tell me your opinions please!

Loves you all, Karen<3