Status: Completed! :(

Never Cover up What We Did With a Dress

Chpater Two.

Image

"How about, no?" I crooned at my best friend, Demi.

"Why not? I know for a fact you still love him Ches. What harm can it do to you to see him again?"

"What harm can it not do?" I replied, my face starting to turn a light shade of red from frustration. "I can't do it. Anyway he's with Dita now."

"Chesney. Just go, I know you want to." She said slowly, talking down to me like I was a small child trying to be convinced into something they weren't sure about.

"I don't even love him anymore." I stated, not believing for a second it was true.

The tickets held limply in my best friends' hand were the gateway to something I could feel was going to be life changing. As I stood there, in the middle of our small apartment, the cold wooden floorboards making my toes turn to ice, I realised just how much I really did want to see Marilyn again, in person, not just on some screen or album cover.

As it turned out, Demi was actually a huge fan of Marilyn anyway. To her getting me to go and see him again was a bonus, she just wanted someone to go with her to scream out the erotic words of his songs, to watch the obscene behaviour displayed by him on the stage, to stare into his make up clad face while jumping up and down to the monotonous tone of his songs.

"I can't go, Demi. Not as your friend, not as his..."

"You want to. I can see in your eyes you want to. Why are you denying it to yourself? You deserve to see him again."

"Not when he's spoken for!" I cried, surprised at my own outburst.

"So you do only want him as your boyfriend." She said matter-of-factly. "All I can say is poor you, and join the club."

"Thanks." I replied bitterly, annoyed at her lack of thoughtfulness.

"I am not giving you any sympathy, Chesney. Not if you're not going to do anything to help your situation."

"Well what can I do? Go to one of his concerts where he won't even see me, hang around near his room after wards and pray he remembers me? Then what? The second he looks into my eyes he falls deeply in love with me, whisks me away from everything and files for a divorce with Dita? Yeah, that will happen."

"Stop being so sarcastic and negative. Fucking hell, at least try!"

"Whatever. I'm not going."

"Yes you are,"

"No."

"Fine. Don't. I'll bring Tyson. I'm leaving in like an hour."

I was silent.

The fact that she had given up on trying to make me come, the realisation that I wouldn't be seeing Marilyn, it all kicked me in that second. When Demi walked out the front door a minute after she'd dismissed me, I ran after her. I found her short afterward, leaning lazily on her car, a bag full of my best clothes and things sitting primly on the back seat of her car.

"You weren't serious, were you? You just used that as a tactic to get me to come!"

"It worked didn't it? Now come on, get in. We have a few lives to change!"