My Scars Are Yours Today

Chapter Ten;

Ivy stepped slowly into her bedroom after spending three days under the watchful eyes of doctors and it was relief for her to be back in the safe environment of her home. She looked over at her vanity unit where her makeup was still carelessly strewn across it’s top from when she’d been experimenting two weeks previously. She slowly sat down on the edge of her bed and just stared into space for several minutes.

At the hospital they’d looked up her records and found that she’d fallen behind with her medication and promptly put her back on the tablets which Bruce was keeping a close eye on now that he knew about them. Jinx had been right though, she was unhappy with the drugs in her system. The strong part of her was missing now and she was left feeling weak and lethargic. After just a couple of days her green eyes no longer held their brightness and her long hair had become limp once again.

She closed her eyes and immediately The Joker’s brown orbs appeared in her mind. Instead of opening her eyes quickly like she had already done so many times, she instead shut her eyes even tighter and looked into those eyes that haunted her and searched for any emotion besides malicious intent. She took a sharp intake of breath when a light knock sounded at her door, startling her.

“Come in,” She breathed out and the door immediately opened. Bruce stood awkwardly, not knowing what to do. They both knew it’d be awkward when they had arrived back at Wayne Manor which is why Bruce had decided to try and break the silence first.

“So it’s your birthday tomorrow, do you want a party or something?”

“No, I’m okay thank you,” It was no doubt that Bruce felt guilty; Ivy had only lived with him for a mere month and she’d already been kidnapped by one of the most vicious sociopaths in Gotham City. Surely that was no life for a teenager. He watched as she pulled her legs up onto the bed and stared across at her vanity with dead eyes.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were Batman?” She asked almost inaudibly, her eyes not moving from the mirror in the vanity.

“To protect you,” Bruce looked at Ivy with worried eyes. He knew he had failed to protect her though and now her body was beaten and bruised. He’d failed her as an uncle and he’d failed her as Batman.

“Why didn’t you tell me about Jinx?” Ivy’s neck cracked loudly as she quickly turned to look at Bruce.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, like huge time jump right? Meh, I'm the writer, I can totally do that XD