My Scars Are Yours Today

Chapter Four;

Entering the restaurant, Ivy felt so uncomfortable in the dress and heals that Bruce had insisted he bought her as part of their quality time. It wasn’t that the material was rough or ugly, no it was attention she was getting whilst wearing it. A few people who had obviously recognised Bruce gave her curious looks whilst some glared in jealousy it seemed.

“You look great,” Bruce whispered in her ear when he noticed her fidgeting. The dress was silver and black and went down to just below her knees. Around the waist was silver material that sported a large bow. The black heels she wore weren’t too high but still finished off the outfit perfectly.

The waiter sat them down at a table in the centre of the restaurant and gave them each a menu. They conversed for a few minutes before reading the menus however Ivy was distracted by the couple of woman on a table theirs.

“They think I’m your date,” Ivy muttered causing Bruce to look up and laugh softly.

“Well they obviously can not see the likeness between us,” Bruce stated and playfully winked at her as the waiter came over.

“So can I ask you some questions?” Bruce asked as Ivy started to eat the pasta that lay on the plate in front of her.

“Sure, I‘ll ask you some too.”

“Deal. So you have any hobbies?” His eyes glanced up to look at her every few minutes as he ate.

“Not really. I used to like music but in the end, it all just sounds the same, what about you?”

“Base jumping, now that‘s fun, I should take you sometime” Ivy nearly choked from surprise.

“You… base jumping?”

“Yep. I‘ll take you some time if you want?”

“Um, sure.”

“So I want to buy you a pet or something. So what animal would you want?”

“I’ve always wanted a dog I suppose… or a snake,” Ivy smiled happily, she’d always wanted a dog but she didn’t want Bruce to spoil her like he seemed to be doing already with the dress and everything so was about to tell him not to bother but was interrupted. A load bang sounded throughout the restaurant as a gun was fired into the ceiling causing a few women to scream.

Wow, Gotham really is just full of crime Ivy. We should get you a gun. Ivy resisted the urge to tell Jinx that that was never going to happen and instead turned her attention, along with everyone else’s, to the men in the doorway. The main man seemed to be the one with the painted white face, black eyes and crazy red lips whilst the other men all wore an assortment of clown masks.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, we are tonight’s entertainment!” The Joker exclaimed into the room.

You know, this guy doesn’t seem so scary. Ivy stared at the man whom wore a long purple trench coat and had greasy, faded green hair.

“Now we’re looking for a hostage. Anyone will do and if someone steps forward then this, well this will be made a whole lot easier for the rest of you,” He announced into the room and started walking around the tables, apparently looking for someone suitable and then his eyes settled on Bruce and Ivy.

“Oh Brucey! It’s been so long!” The Joker exclaimed and chuckled as he strode over to their table. He glanced at Bruce before turning his full attention to Ivy.

“And who’s this? Your latest squeeze?” The Joker stepped closer to her, making Ivy shiver uncomfortably and avoid his cold eyes, “Well aren’t you beautiful.”

“Ivy, just ignore him,” She heard Bruce say to her but she was too shaken to listen.

“Stand up,” He commanded and Ivy immediately did, afraid of the small blade she’d noticed in his hand.

Well if he brushed his teeth, washed his hair and lost the make up, I think you’d be a match made in heaven. Ivy resisted the urge to yell at Jinx again and jumped slightly as The Joker stroked her cheek with his purple leather clad hand.

“I think I may take you,” He grinned.

“Leave her alone,” Ivy heard Bruce growl and watched the Joker’s eyebrows raise slightly.

“Well a playboy doesn’t usual care so much about his girls Bruce… unless she’s more…” The Joker trailed off and Ivy couldn’t stand having these people think she was Bruce’s girlfriend and without thinking opened her mouth.

“He’s my uncle,” Ivy spoke out with her voice quivering slightly yet her disgusted tone was still evident. A sadistic smile attached itself to The Joker’s red, scarred lips.

“Boss, cops have arrived!” A deep voice was heard from the doorway and the Joker pouted, his dark brown, nearly black eyes never leaving Ivy’s.

Don’t you just want to kiss those lips Ivy? Jinx’s words left her head as Joker leaned towards her, pressing his lips to her ear. Goose pimples spread across her naked skin

“I’ll see you soon,” He whispered before she gasped at the feeling of a blade being pressed deeply into her upper arm. Ivy heard a few whimpers from people around her as the Joker turned and stalked towards his henchmen.

Evidently, no one had noticed when the blade had plunged into her arm. Ivy was gasping from shock and trembling slightly as she looked down at the savaged skin around the wound.

“She’s bleeding!” A woman exclaimed and Ivy fainted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shit, I know.

Comments would be appreciated :)

Get well soon Beki :(