My Scars Are Yours Today

Chapter Five;

Ivy sat at her vanity with her make up case emptied in front of her. She and Bruce had returned from the hospital nearly two hours previously where Ivy had had the cut cleaned and bandaged. The blade hadn’t gone too deep, it had just been shock of the situation that had caused the sixteen year old to faint back at the restaurant.

Come on, we should go out again tonight.

“No, not tonight Jinx, I’m too tired,” Ivy muttered as she put the red lipstick to her lips.

Then why don’t you go to sleep then instead of messing around with makeup?

“I’m too tired to try and fight anyone off is what I mean.”

Look, Ivy, that Joker guy said he would see you soon which obviously means he’s going to come back for you at some point. And girl, you need to be prepared. We can’t have you just standing there and taking the knife again, that just wouldn’t do.

“Jinx, the guy is obviously strong as according to Bruce, he’s had many run ins with Batman before and neither have really come off worse than the other so how do you really expect me to be able to fight him. Sure, I could practise but I highly doubt that I’ll ever be truly prepared to face someone like him.”

In the end Ivy walked the streets again that night. Bruce had come into her room just before he left to sleep and had given her painkillers in case her arm hurt in the night. The drugs had caused Ivy to feel drowsy which allowed Jinx to manipulate her with an unnatural ease.

“You really think I’ll be able to fight in this state of mind?” Ivy hissed and wrapped her arms about her body tightly. Sure she was wearing a black vest top that left her bandaged arm on display, pin striped black pants and a long thick green coat but the cold still managed to bite at her. The way Jinx had been able to manipulate her worried her and made her wonder if she’d ever be able to go further than strong persuasion. Getting back on her medication was looking real good right about then.

Well you don’t have to fight tonight, you just need to get to know your surroundings – and if any ‘rapists’ or ‘murderers’ happen to come after you tonight, well you’ll have no other choice but to fight them, right?

“I seriously hate you right now. I might start taking my medication again – get rid of your nagging.”

It’s just the painkillers talking, Ivy.

“Shut up and leave me alone, Jinx,” Ivy hissed viciously and stormed down the dimly lit sidewalk back towards Wayne Manor. She yelped out in surprise when in a fumbled movement she was dragged into the alleyway she had been passing.

See, now you have to fight! Jinx’s voice cackled loudly.

“Well you were supposed to warn me! What happened to being able to see what I can’t?” Ivy screamed out in frustration when her back was slammed into the rough brick wall and that oh-so familiar blade went up to her throat.

“You know, talking to yourself is never the best sign of sanity, Ivy,” Ivy looked up and her eyes widened at the site of that same painted white face from earlier that night. Her eyes dropped to his scarred red lips when his tongue darted out to lick them.

“Oh, God no,” Ivy whispered, shutting her eyes to avoid his malicious stare.

See Ivy, if you hadn’t thought about trying to get rid of me then you wouldn’t be in this mess.

“You! You planned this! You saw him coming and never warned me! You knew he was going to be here tonight!” Ivy suddenly yelled as realisation hit her. The Joker jumped slightly as her eyes burst open to reveal their vibrant green orbs.

“You have issues,” The Joker grinned before letting his fist slam into her delicate face and he knocked the sixteen-year-old girl out cold, “Perfect.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Only three people are commenting, what's with that? It doesn't even take a minute to just submit a small comment telling me what you think. Feedback is always nice.