One Night

Meeting

“SETTLE!” Margret’s voice boomed over the room full of vampires who where hissing at each other, from the close courters and the reason why we where here.

Every pair or red eyes flashed to her face and away, Margret was a young, dreaming vampire who still had memories of her human days, days she wanted to relive. The result of that was that no older vampire agreed with her, some did, but not powerful ones.

Margret once again tried to quite the crowd; no one even looked this time. I was getting agitated by this, I was the first person in the hell no line, but I wanted this vote over with so that I could continue to live my life without a living breathing conscious.

In a second I was beside Margret, “SHUT THE HELL UP!”

The room of five hundred vampires or so became silent, staring at me wide eyes. I heard Alistair laugh; rolling my eyes at him I turned to Margret.

“Continue. I need to eat something.” I told her watching her thankful face become disgusted.

Again Alistair’s laugh filled the silent room.

“Thank you.” Margret hissed, through her teeth.

I smiled, “it was my pleasure.”

In a flash I was once again sat on top of the counter to the bar.

“We all know why were here, the times are changing and I propose a change in the vampire lifestyle and with that change in mind I thought it was a good idea to decided whether we should change or not in a different way then we have before.” Her voice started out strong but soon faded as the crowd once again started to discuss matters.

“This is going nowhere.” I muttered before disappearing.

“You are what you eat.” Malcolm stated.

I turned to glare at him, “leave me alone!”

“I’m just trying to lead you down the right pathway.”

“I’ve been going down the same path for seven hundred years!”

“Not all paths lead to good things.”

“Malcolm screw off, I will eat what I like, when I like, and how I like.” I spat at him before turning back towards the woods. Where I had seen a teenage girl and boy slip off to.

“They have parents, siblings, friends, family, a life, and just to survive when there are other ways to, you’re going to take that all away from them?” His voice seeped into my brain his words had a un natural sting to them.

“Bastard.” I said before disappearing from his disapproving sight.