One Night

Cold Blood

“So what type of blood do you want?” the man asked staring at me with a waiting expression.

“What type?” I asked skeptically.

He wanted to know what type? Well first of all I wanted alive warm blood from a living breathing human, but I doubted no matter how much I paid a human would let me kill them.

“What type do you like best?” he asked me grinning, his fangs grew slightly.

I waved my hand, “I’ll take AB.”

He smiled at, “good choice just got some of it in.”

He walked off towards the only door besides the exit. The room had two rows facing each other of dead bodies. The whole room smelled of blood and death. I could see why he worked here, it made my mouth water.

He came back with two bags of blood, smiling at me he said, “That will be a hundred dollars fifty for each, since their fresher.”

I rolled my eyes fishing out the wad of money I carried around and then proceeded to fine a hundred dollar bill among the thousands.

I passed him the money and he passed me the blood, “thank you.”

“No problem. Great isn’t it? We can live in the open now, got to love that Margret.” He told me smiling largely his fangs extending fully.

“Yes it’s just great.” I told him before I vanished with my cold type AB blood.

I looked down at my wine glass full of blood.

I hated this.

“Margret Hansel is the face of the new age for vampires.” Hearing the cheery women reporters words my hand clenched into a fist, breaking my glass and spilling the blood.

“Love don’t waste the blood, there starting to keep records of how much we buy.” Alistair’s voice came from behind me low and at ease.

I closed my eyes at his words. The world I had once known was washing away with the tide. But sooner or later the tide will come back in.

I whisked up the hall my black cloak swishing at my feet. Soon I had entered a large room the walls, the roof, floor where all painted picture of the oldest vampires, queens and kings.

The old fashioned room was filled with the oldest vampires. All together there was fifteen, Alistair who was at my right holding my elbow included.

“Still bringing her around I see.” Albert sneered at Alistair; a chill went up my spine as his pure white eyes lay upon me.

“If you can not be civil I will have to ask you to leave.” Alistair stated through clenched teeth.

“Just because -”

“Have I missed anything?” Malcolm exclaimed, running down the hall into the room, in a matter of seconds.

“No.” I said quietly, my voice soft well removing my arm from Alistair’s hold, I quickly took my leave.