One Night

Caught Before The Blood Could Spill

***Malcolm***

“How did you and Rose meet?” I asked Alistair looking over at him as we walked down the path towards his house.

“Why?” Alistair asked looking straight ahead with a hard expression.

“Well I know me and rose met when I was setting up my blood donor system at the high school, she was playing a high school student to get dinner. I didn’t know you two knew each other until that day when I was over and she stopped by. I was just wondering how you two met.” I inquired looking over the lake the moon was reflecting in the water that was rippling slightly from the wind.

“It’s a long story.” Alistair said slowly well he gradually stopped walking as a larger opening came up, showing off the whole lake.

“All I have is time.” I told him grinning.

Alistair was silent staring out at the lake. I turned to stare to, the lake was black, and the moon light lit up the sky, the stars danced across the lake.

When I looked back over to see what was wrong since Alistair was not answering, I saw nothing but air.

***Rose***

Nothing tasted like warm human blood, everything left an after taste. What ever Malcolm gave me was taking a very bad affect on me. I could see perfectly everything little detail and pixel and then everything was blurry.

I couldn’t transport myself. I had followed the rules even thou I did not want to.

I almost laughed my conscious had made me do the total opposite that he wanted me to do.

Because I was now stalking a girl, her type A blood singing and stinging my throat. I glided, I was not going as fast as I was accustomed to but fast enough for her not to notice when I graved her arm and pulled her away.

The girl was drunk enough not to notice anything even as I pulled her deeper and deeper into the woods she had this dazed look on her face as if she was not comprehending what was happening.

Finale when I was far enough in, I pushed her long brown hair aside and was just about to pierce her skin with my fangs when I felt the wind change.

“Leave the human girl alone.” Margret stated her voice deadly.

I lifted my head and stared at her coldly.

“If you do not let the girl go I will have to use physical force.” Margret stated sternly.

“Somehow I seriously doubt your going to be able to use physical force against me.” I snapped back.

“No but they will.” She told me crossing her arms. She nodded her head towards the forest in front of me.

I turned to see three large vampires. I sighed; this couldn’t be easy could it?

“Now please release the human.” Margret said smugly.

I looked down at the girl and slowly steadied her on the ground. One of the three vampires shot out, swinging her into his arms and then he was gone.

“So what happens now all mighty Margret?” I asked turning around to face her.

“There are strict rules.” Margret stated.

“Ahh yes the rules.” I mocked, making no reaction as I felt the two vampires behind me move closer.

“These two fine young gentlemen will be with escorting you to and from, your apartment from now on.” Margret told me smiling brightly as the two vampires came to either side of me grasping my arms.

“For how long?” I asked through my teeth.

“Until the affects of that drink have warned off, because if you can resist human blood through that you can resist in any state.” Margret said a huge smile on her face like she had just done me a favor.

“How long does it take for it to warn off?” I asked her staring her straight in the eye.

“Matters how old you are, how much human blood you have in your body, how much strength you have. And how much of the dying drops off blood from a human is in your system. The more you have of any of those the more you want it, and the less strength you have to resist it.” Margret chipper voice told me.

“Because if I can resist through this I can resist through anything.” I spat at her.

She grinned, “You’re catching on. Troy, Isaac escort Miss Harrison to her apartment and make sure you know her whereabouts at all times.”

“Yes miss.” Both Troy and Isaac said in unison.

“Oh and you might just want to follow this one.” Margret said with a small wave before fading off into the fog.