Who Knew?

Chapter Thirteen

I stared at Adrianna in shock, trying to take in what she had just confessed to us. Looking around at the others I saw that they shared the same look I did, and Jayden had a few stray tears trickling down her face.

"Wow," Zack breathed, breaking the silence that had fallen upon us after Adrianna had finished. "That's quite a story."

"Yeah," Jimmy agreed, "that's just fucked up, what happened."

Adrianna sniffled and Matt hugged her tightly to his chest. "Well, I never said it was a happy story," she replied with a small smile, obviously trying to lighten the mood.

"You can stay with us as long as you want, or need," Jayden stated, holding tightly to Brian who had an arm wrapped around her.

"Jayden's right; you can stay with us as long as you like, Adrianna," he added, kissing the top of Jayden's head.

Seeing how much Brian cared for my sister and how much he loved her made me glad to know Jayden would never have to experience what Adrianna had gone through.

"Then it's agreed: Adrianna's with us," Matt declared and we all nodded our heads in agreement.

"Alright. Come on baby, let's go back to bed and let Adrianna get some rest," Brian said quietly and gently started pulling Jayden toward their bunk. She followed, and Jimmy and Zack followed their example. I, on the other hand, stayed behind and watched Matt lay an already sleeping Adrianna on her bunk behind him.

"You really like her," I said quietly, not bothering to question him about it. I knew I was right anyways.

Matt pushed a stray hair back from Adrianna's forehead and nodded. "Way more than I should," he answered somewhat dejectedly.

I arched my eyebrows together in confusion and took a seat on the empty bunk across from him. "Why do you say that?" I asked genuinely. Matt sighed and looked at Adrianna as he spoke.

"I asked her to be my girlfriend earlier tonight and she said yes," he confided.

Again, I was confused. "Isn't that a good thing?"

"What if she decides not to stay, Johnny?" Matt interrupted, anger and fear evident in his voice and on his face. "She doesn't have to stay with us, and I'm not going to force her to stay if she doesn't want to."

I pondered what Matt had just said and replied, "Well, we'll just have to give her a good reason to stay on with us."
♠ ♠ ♠
Super short, I know, but it seemed longer in my notebook lol.
Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed the update and don't forget to comment and subscribe!