Who Knew?

Chapter Seventeen

"Hey, where is Adrianna going?" I shouted to Jayden.

She tore her eyes from Brian and turned to me. "The bathroom. Why?" she asked, laughing as Val grinded against her in time to 'Beast And The Harlot'.

I shrugged my shoulders. "No reason," I replied.

Jayden turned back to the show and dancing with Val, while I looked over my shoulder to see Adrianna briskly walking away with some guy following her. My curious side got the best of me and I went after them. "What's up with this chick?" I whispered to myself as Adrianna rounded on the guy and started talking to him angrily. They talked back and forth for a bit before I decided to see what was going on. "Hey, Adri. Who's this?" I asked, making her give me a surprised look.

The unknown man turned around and gave me a half smile, half smirk. "I'm Derek, an old friend of Adri's," he introduced himself and offered me his hand. I shook it and he asked, "What's your name, beautiful?"

Pulling my hand back, I replied, "I'm Kita and I've got a boyfriend, sorry."

Derek gave me a 'whatever' look and said, "My bad. Well, I've gotta go Adri. I'll be in touch, though. Nice to meet you, Kita."

As he walked away, Adrianna glared daggers at his back. "I take it from the look you're giving him, you're not really friends with that guy," I suggested and she nodded her head. "Who is he, then?"

Adrianna whipped her head around to look at me. "No one," she said. "Just some jerk I used to know and he thinks we're friends."

I didn't believe any of that, except that she used to know him. Adrianna was hiding something, not only this but something else as well, and I could sense it. I was just about to drill her when the other girls ran up to us.

"Yo bitches, come on! 'Scream' is up next!" Tara yelled, Val and Jayden pulling on our hands and dragging us toward the side of the stage.

As I found my spot next to Val to watch the rest of the show, I glanced at Adrianna. I would find out what she was hiding, no matter what I had to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I'm so sorry my update took forever to post : (
I've been pretty busy lately, but now school is almost over and I should be update quicker after Anna does : )