Who Knew?

Chapter 18

Oh dear Lord, I can not believe that I almost got caught. The girls and I are watching the guys play the last song of the night before we go back to the bus and head for the next venue. Matt tells the crowd goodnight and they head off stage over to us.

I'm in my own little world when I feel strong and sweaty arms wrap around my middle.

"Ewww! Matt, you're all sweaty get off me!" I tell him with a giggle. He just laughs and nuzzles his face into my neck before turning me around in his grasp and planting a gentle kiss on my lips.

"You know you like it sweetheart," he tells me with a chuckle. I just roll my eyes and stick my tongue out at him. While the guys all unwind from a great show, I tell them I'll be right back as I step outside for some fresh air.

I lean against the wall and close my eyes, replaying the events of tonight in my head. I feel a presence next to me and quickly look over to be met face to face with Derek.

"Why can't you just leave me alone Derek?"

"You know I can't do that doll. I mean, you were my best customer."

"Yea Derek, I was your best customer then. I'm clean now. I don't want anything you're selling so why dont you fuck off?" I yell at him, starting to lose my temper.

"How many times have you tried to get clean now? Four? You know you can't do it. I'll give you your five full needles for free. I know you want it."

I look down at the floor contemplating if I should take it. I mean what's the worse that could happen? Matt can dump me back on the streets if he found out but I've been there before so I know I'd be fine if that happened and I could really use an escape right now.

"Alright but just those," I tell him in a whisper. He looks down at me with a huge grin on his face.

"Great." Derek pulls out 5 needles already filled with my favorite drug. Heroine. I take the needles and hide them in my pocket and walk back inside the building.

"You okay babe? You were outside for awhile," Matt greets me, sounding truly concerned.

"Yea, I'm fine. I just got lost in thought. How much longer till we leave?"

"We were waiting on you to get back in before we left."

"Ok well let's get going then"

*Time Lapse*

We had been on the bus for a few hours and everyone was sitting in the lounge drinking beers and having a good time while I'm sitting in the bathroom about to shoot up.

I tighten my belt around my arm as tight as I can and get ready to insert the needle into my skin. I slowly slide the needle into my skin and let the drug run throught my body. I instantly start to feel my high. I stand up to leave the bathroom and tell everyone that I'm going to go to bed.

As soon as my head hits the bed I start to drift off into a not so dreamless sleep. My mind is invaded with the not so good memories from the past.

Memories from living on the street, getting beat by my father, rape, and taking drugs all flood into my mind. Before I know what's happening, I'm being shook awake by someone. When I open my blood shot eyes, I'm met with nine sets of worried and confused eyes. Looks like I have a shit load of explaining to do now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to Heather for editing this chapter for me.
Thank you to all my readers and subscribers!!
Updates will hopefully be more frequent since Heather and I are both out of school now. =)