Who Knew?

Chapter 21

"What the hell is going on?" I asked, Brian trailing behind me as we rejoined the group. Matt was looking at Adri with a questioning look in his eyes while Kita and Johnny stood across from them, Kita glaring daggers at Adri. The others just stood around them, waiting to see what would happen next.

"Well, is someone going to answer her?" Brian demanded.

"That bitch attacked me, you idiot! Can your girlfriend not see that?" Kita raged, making both Johnny and Brian give her looks.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" Brian growled

"Baby, maybe you should just calm down," Johnny suggested before Kita could reply.

Perhaps now would be a good time to give you all some background information on Kita and the rest of the group. See, when Johnny and Kita first met, we all loved her. She was an awesome girl and had the same personality as the rest of us; not only did she click with Johnny, but with all of us as well. Over the last few years, though, she's changed. Kita has become more of a bitch than she ever was, and she seems to think she can go around insulting us and putting us down. Not only that, but she's become pretty controlling too. If something doesn't go her way or isn't done the way she wants it, Kita is guaranteed to throw a fit. This hasn't gone over well with any of us, but me especially. Kita and I have gotten into it a few times over the past couple of years, and she likes to insult me whenever she can because of it. Needless to say, Brian is never too happy about that and he takes it personally when she attacks me. Johnny, on the other hand, is the one who encourages her to shut her mouth, as you've just witnessed. He knows she'd get her assed kicked if he didn't.

"I didn't fucking attack her," Adri stated. "She started talking shit and I told her to stop. When she didn't, I decided I'd help her. And that's what happened."

"You lying bitch, why don't you tell them why you got so pissed, huh?" Kita shouted.

Adri looked as though she was going to lunge at her, but Matt luckily had a tight grip on her. "Hey Christ, why don't you take your woman back to the bus. She obviously needs to calm the fuck down, " he said, glaring coldly at Kita. He was apparently not appreciating the name-calling coming from her.

As Johnny led Kita out of the bar, Jimmy, Val, Zack, and Tara followed. "Don't worry hun," Jimmy winked. "We all saw what happened and know that you're telling the truth."

Adri gave him a grateful smile and hugged the girls before they left. It was now just her, Matt, Brian, and myself. "So what really happened?" I questioned as Brian stood behind me to wrap his arms around my waist and rest his chin on my shoulder.

Adri swung hers and Matt's hands back and forth nervously before placing them in her lap, seeing as how they were now seated. "Exactly what I said," she replied and took the shot of Jack the bartender had brought to her.

"But what was she saying, though?" Matt asked. "It must've been pretty bad for you to jump on her like that."

"I don't want to talk about it," she mumbled.

Brian stood upright behind me and said her name soflty, causing her to look at him. "We're your friends now, you can tell us," he assured. "None of us really like Kita anyways, except for Johnny."

Adri bit her lip and looked away again. We all asked her to tell us and she shook her head, denying us each time we asked. "She was fucking giving me shit for not having told you guys everything about my past, okay?" she finally cried after about five minutes. "Are you happy now, because I'm not!"

The three of us sat in silence as Adri called for another shot and desperately tried not to cry. When her glass came, Matt held it away from her. "Baby, don't listen to Kita, okay? Everyone else understands and respects that you will tell us about your life when you're ready. Don't let Kita get to you," he told her and planted a kiss on her forehead.

Adri leaned into his arms and nodded against his chest as he held her. "Okay," she mumbled and tilted her head up for a kiss.

As she and Matt continued their kiss, I turned around and smiled at my boyfriend. "Come on, I think that's our cue to leave. Let's go," I said and took his hand as he started leading us to the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa, I feel so bad. I've had this ready forever, but haven't posted it : (
I'm so sorry.