Who Knew?

Chapter Nine

"Baby, where are you going?" Brian whined, pulling me back into his lap. He sounded quite funny, considering he was well on his way to wasted.

I tried to sneak out of his hold on my waist, but he held tightly. I hated this when he got drunk: it was hard to get away from him because he would inevitably become horny, which meant I had to be near-by at all times. I guess I normally wouldn't actually complain about that, but tonight I had a mission.

"I just have to go talk to Matt for a minute, hun. I'll be right back, I promise," I told him, turning in his lap so I was sat sideways. Hey, I'll admit, being short had its advantages: you fit well in otherwise crowded places. It also made certain activities in tour bus bunks easier as well, if you catch my drift.

Brian pouted, and then smirked. "Okay, but don't keep me waiting too long," he said with a kiss to my lips.

Cue the aforementioned horniness.

I hopped off his lap and smiled at him. "I won't, Bri," I promised before wandering off to find Matt. It didn't take me long.

I found Matt sitting at the bar with a beer watching Adrianna, who was being chatted up by my dear brother and Zack. They were all laughing and Adrianna had a giant smile on her face. I was glad to see they were getting along because I had this feeling that Adrianna would be sticking with us for a while. Well, at least I hoped she would be.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," I teased as I joined Matt at the bar.

Matt scowled at me but then laughed. "I guess it would, but I think it'd be a little creepy, don't you?" he countered.

I scoffed. "And gawking at her from across the room isn't?"

"Touche," he replied and laughed his rumbling laugh. I smiled and took a sip of my beer. "So how's the birthday going, Jayde?" he asked with a smile.

I sighed and looked at Johnny, who was already wasted, and currently impersonating a chicken. Poorly, I might add. I turned back to Matt and said, "For some reason, I think it's hardly just begun."

Matt laughed again and shook his head as Johnny fell off the table he'd been standing on. "You're probably right to think that," he agreed and then gave me a side-hug. "Happy birthday, though, Jayde."

I smiled, returning the hug. "Aww, thanks Matty," I cooed and he laughed at me. "Now back to our previous topic, though. Why don't you go talk to her already?" I demanded.

Matt glanced at Adrianna and then shrugged his shoulders. "She's busy enough as it is. I'm sure she doesn't need me to add to it," he explained.

Again, I scoffed. "Yeah, I'm sure she doesn't want that, because she hasn't been sneaking glances at you every ten seconds since I came over here," I replied and Matt spun around to see for himself.

Sure enough, Adrianna was looking at him when he turned, and they both looked away immediately. "Oh shit, what do I do?" Matt asked.

"Go talk to her, Sanders! Oh, or better yet, ask her to dance!" I suggested excitedly. Matt gave me an absurd look and I rolled my eyes. "Just go do it. Everybody can use a little M. Shadows in their life, and she doesn't look like she would mind. Now forward march, soldier!"

And with that I pushed Matt off his seat and in the general direction of Adrianna. When I saw that he really was going to her, I scanned the club for my boyfriend who would, by now, be ridiculously horny. It was time for me to collect one of my many "birthday presents" from him.
♠ ♠ ♠
God, this story just makes me so fucking excited! Anna and I have so much planned (well, figured out, at least) and I just know you guys will love this.
And I'm not only excited about writing this story, but I'm excited about you guys too! We're only a few chapters in, and you guys have been so awesome already! I love you guys to death (Anna does too!), and I'm so glad you like the story.