The Truths That We All Try To Hide

Er

I could feel my heart breaking into two pieces as Alex flirted nonchalantly with the sleezy, barely-legal girl. He played with her hair and stroked her face. He acted as if he was interested in a serious relationship ; when in all honestly, he was just looking for sex and then their so called 'connection' would end. I, myself, never slept with Alex, but don't let me fool you, the idea had crossed my mind multiple times. He was gorgeous, and a very deep guy, when you got to know him. Just scratching the surface, however, he was irrevocably shallow, rude, and after one thing: sex.
Alex wasn't always like this, though. He used to be the 'nerd' that no girl would give a second glance. He hated the social scene, and speaking in front of people. He didn't go out and Saturday nights; and usually stayed in with me, doing whatever we felt. He used to fear girls, I being the exception, and strayed away from dances. Now, he was possibly the World's biggest 'manwhore', and it seemed like every girl wanted to be in his pants. Or rather, him in theirs.
"Yeah... so do you want to go to the bus, it's getting kind of cold," he asked the girl.
"Fer sure." She giggled, linked hands with him, and they made their way to the bus. I rolled my eyes and stood up from the cold, hard pavement outside of the venue. I had no idea what state this was, but I knew one thing: I was not, under any circumstances, going back to the bus just to hear moaning and rocking. That was deffinetly my idea of fun. I went over where Jack was leaning against the wall, drinking his new obsession, Red Bull.
"Hey, Sar, whats up?"
"Trying to keep my stomach in tact after watching Alex undress some whore with his eyes. Ech, doesn't he ever learn? Hes so going to get herpes."
"If he doesn't already have it." I laughed, Jack was my closest friend, next to Alex, and was the only one who could take my mind off of him.
"Ha, I bet. What are you doing?"
"Nothing much. I was going to go watch a movie, but I don't want to be on a rocking bus."
"Oh why not? Its like, the latest trend." He laughed.
"Totally man. What'd you feel up to?"
"Hmm, I could really use some Ramen."
"You and Alex and that Ramen. Dude, I swear you guys are going to have a heart attack from all that damn sodium."
"Who cares? I'll die happy, eating my noodles!" We both laughed.
"Sure... whatever you say, SaraBear." I cringed at my nickname, the one Alex had given me in fifth grade. "Oh, sorry, I forgot you two were fighting."
"Its all good. Were not really fighting, I guess. I'm just really fed up with all his one night stands, and his fucking hangovers. I get tired of taking care of him, you know?"
"Yeah. Its okay, at least you have Jack-a-roo-roo to cheer you up!"
"Ha, yes sir I do."
"Lets go back to FTSK's bus and watch some lame movie."
"Thats sounds great." We walked silently to Forever The Sickest Kids' bus. Caleb was outside. "Whats wrong, Turman?"
"Eh, don't go in there," he motioned his head towards the bus.
"Why?" Jack asked.
"Lets just say the rest of the guys and some random chicks are playing strip poker, and its getting repulsing."
"I WANNA PLAY!" Leave it to Jack to be the biggest perv.
"Be my guest," Caleb said. "What about you Sara, gonna go play with skunk hair, or sit out here and enjoy the quiet, clothed beauty of nature?"
"I'll stay with you, bye Jackie!"
"Bye Sara!" And he dissappeared into the bus. I sat down alongside Caleb, on the parking lot.
"So, I heard you and Alex are in a cold shoulder fight?"
"I guess everyone knows now, don't they?"
"Well, honestly, yeah, Alex is bummed about it."
"He could've fooled me. I'm just tired of his bullshit, you know?"
"Sorry. Just give it time, you guys will get over it soon, you've been friends since, like forever."
"I guess," I sighed.
A moment passed, until Caleb finally spoke again, "You hungry?"
"No, but if you are, I'll go with you. Its getting chilly."
"Alright then, shall we?"
"We shall." He stood up, and offered me his hand. There was a small, local diner across the street, and Caleb and I wandered into it. Luck must love Caleb, because there were no swarming fan girls or teenies in sight.
"You sure your not hungry?" I nodded. "Want some hot chocolate or something?"
"Sure. I'll go get a booth?"
"Okay." I found a cozy little booth, sat down, and waited for Caleb. After a while, he came over to me with a huge mug of molten hot cocoa, and a pile of fries.
"Thats all you got?"
"Yeah, I'm not really hungry anymore. I guess my stomach told me I was fatass." I choked on my hot chocolate. "You okay?"
"Mhmm, your just funny."
"Uhm, now Sara, its not nice to call me ugly."
"No. I think your quite, gourgeous, my friend." He blushed. He actually blushed at a comment I made. Wow. "So, uhm, how about tour?"
"Its going great. Except for that one show when I like fell over, and no one really noticed except for Kyle, and of course, he had to freaking tell EVERYONE, and then they all laughed. It was kind of funny. Then I was playing Halo, and Marc beat me..." he talked forever, talking a mile a minute. I finally just stopped listening. ".... So yeah. What about you?"
"Huh?"
"Do you like doing merch?"
"Eh, its not too bad. Except when the fangirls come and harrass you on the where abouts of the infamous Alex Gaskarth, or when people get pissed because you don't have their size."
"Oh, thats not too bad."
"No. Alex is probably the worst part about tour."
"Come on, your just saying that."
"No. Hes a total dick. Haven't you noticed?"
"Your just saying that because your pissed at him. I think everyone pretty much knows what you really think."
"Really? And that is...?"
"Okay, so here it is, the blunt, honest truth: its really obvious that you like Alex. You get mad when he hooks up with other girls, and you flirt like crazy with him. You can pretend its not true, but I know for a fact that it is. You basically worship the ground he walks on, and even if you guys do fight; your always still there to help him or have his back. Even if your mad at me for saying this, its true." I stared, unblinking at him. My darkest secret was apparently known by everyone, and I couldn't stand it.
"Uhm, I'm going to go to the bus. I'm tired," I, with no emotion, stated, as I stood up.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah," I waved my hand in the air. "Just sleepy, you know?"
"Thats not the real reason, Sara, I'm not as dumb as I look."
"I'm just stressed, you know? I need some time to think. Thanks for the hot chocolate, bye." I left the small resturant and returned to the bus. I took my regular spot on the couch, and was immediately thankful I heard no moaning or screaming coming from the bunk area; they must've already fallen asleep.
I pulled my knees up to my chest, and for the longest time, I cried tears. Real, salty tears. The saddest part was that every single one was for Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
This time it's Sara's point of view.
I think it went by really fast, it sucked, and it was overly cliche,
agree?
I NEED FEEDBACK;
Ha, I'm already complaining, and I just posted the first two chapters in like five minutes, seriously.