Just Like Queens

My Life Seems Colder

Who does she thinks she is? Snapping on me to shut up! Her eyes were SO green... They were the type of eyes that demanded instant attention. Of course, I being the nicer person, mouthed an apology. But I apologize for everything, even if it's breathing wrong.

I stood up and watched as she walked out of the shop. Her short, brown hair was bobbing and she had a quick stride to her. I threw away my empty styrofoam cup and started my dreaded walk home. I could just see Annasay, her smile open and malicious. I could taste the venom in her words as she pulled back her blonde hair and spoke to me like I was a lesser. I was actually three years older than her... And the unwanted child.

My parents had her because I wasn't good enough. I ended up with brown hair and blue eyes, like my mother. They wanted a child like my father, strikingly blonde with blue eyes. Annasay was just that.

"Lydia?"

I sighed. "Yes Annasay?"

"How are things with Skylar?"

It's what she'd been anticipating for weeks and I let her win. He was right, I let her win. "We broke up." I'd bitten my mind and opened my mouth.

"Oh." Like I'd predicted, the venom sunk in as she pulled back her hair. "Mom said you have to start your chores."

"Alright."

They always communicated through her. It was like I was some sort of pest they couldn't stand to see. My own mother hadn't looked me in the eyes since the day Annasay was born. I liked to call her "AnnaSayAnythingTheyAsk" in my own head, because it was true. She'd do or say anything to please them. She was exactly what they wanted- A DOG.

I'd always been a free spirit... but for some reason I had a leash around my neck pulling me back to them. No, I'm not a dog. Just an angel in distress.

"They wanted you to start with my bedroom." She smiled sourly and shooed me away with her hand.

I walked up to her room, careful not to creak the floor. It was decorated in all white, the exact shade of her hair. I was careful with everything as I dusted and vacuumed. As soon as it was finished, I spit on her carpet and walked away to my room.

Our house was huge but I got the smallest room. I wasn't even allowed a bed... That would have been too much of a convience for the pest.

I looked at my sleeping bag on the floor and did my best to straighten it out. I had no dresser, my few clothes were in a neat pile, my collection of ribbions next to it. A small box was under the ribbons, a box that Skylar had given me on our first year anniversary.

I sighed as I gazed at the box. I missed him in that moment, more than I ever had. It had only been a day.

I picked up my notebook and pen from the floor and tucked it into my sleeping bag. The room was pathetic. It resembled a junkie's room.

Guests were never allowed past the crystal confines of the livingroom... Annasay's boyfriends were never allowed past her bed... most stayed for sex and left.

She wanted my Skylar, that's why he wasn't allowed over. If she couldn't have her boytoy, no one could.

And I let her win.

He was right...

I regreted it even then.
♠ ♠ ♠
Obviously Lydia's Point Of View.
:D
So...
Comments you guys?
PLEASE?
Subscriptions are nice too!
Lots of love,
Always yours,
Talia.