Just Like Queens

Push You Around

Matchbox 20 played in my ears as I walked over to the coffee shop.

And if you said, "This life ain't good enough"
Id give my world to lift you up.


The words were oddly familiar to me and I couldn't help but choke up a bit. The band meant a lot to my relationship with Skylar.

I danced a bit, swaying from side to side as I walked into the shop, small and warm. The smell of coffee enticed my body even further and I danced along and right into someone.

Hot coffee ran down the front of my shirt and I stiffled a scream of agony.

"Oh my God, I am SO sorry!" I began desperately wiping at the front of her hoodie.

"YOU!"

I looked up into her eyes as she yelled. My eyes grew huge and I almost winced away from her harsh voice. I was shocked to see the girl again.

“Oh man…” I whispered, looking away, feeling the hurt well up inside of me. Why did I have to be so weak?

“I’m sorry I keep yelling at you,” she said and my eyes teared up, the hurt finding openings to seep out.

“No, no. It’s alright. You look like you’ve had a rough day,” I said, attempting to make it better for myself and her. She seemed genuine enough.

“You wanna sit at a table or something?” She looked like she was about to break too.

I nodded. “The company would be nice,” I said, my voice nearly breaking in half.

We sat by a window after I got my coffee. I hated window seats. Too many people could see me from the outside.

“Alice,” she said as she extended her hand.

“I’m Lydia."

She shook my hand lightly, almost like she thought she could break me. Who knew? She probably could.

“So, you look like you’ve had a pretty rough week,” She said and I burst into tears. It was stupid of me, but I trusted this sad, honest girl.

"I'm a good listener," She said, holding onto my hand.

I told her everything. I told her about Annasay and how I gave up my boyfriend for that girl. I told her about my parents. I told her my life story.

Then she started crying and confessed everything openly. She told me about her family and their abusiveness and then we exchanged the scars that were their own stories. They represented things we simply could not say.

Just when I thought my world was going to be lived alone, I found Alice.

“It’s ok hun, you’ll be fine. We’ll get through this,” I offered, attempting poorly to be strong.

We collected ourselves and I sipped my coffee. It was cold and it made me wonder about how long we'd been sitting there, talking about our problems.

She looked at her watch and told me she had to go. "Same time tomorrow?"

I nodded and a small smile clung to my lips.

"Later."

She gave a small wave and grinned as she walked out of the door and got into her car.

I threw out my coffee and walked home. Nothing could have touched my small flame of happiness that day. Nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...?
EH, I guess the title credit and such goes to Matchbox 20.
Did you like it?
Comments, please?
<3 -Tali
&#9829;&#9829;