Status: Should I keep or delete?

Until I Make It Home to You

The Beginning

I was always in the shadow of my older brother. I always heard from my mother, “Why don’t you act like your brother?” “Why don’t you find a career that’s successful like your older brother did?” “What did I do that made you this way” and my favorite, “Why don’t you just listen to me and go to collage to get a higher education then your brother?” So for all of my life I had to listen to my mother complain about how my brother was better then me. But that all changed when it was only two weeks until my eighteenth birthday, which is May 25, and only three weeks ‘til my collage graduation. Did I forget to tell you that I am a genius? I guess I forgot to tell you a lot of things. First off the most important one, my name is Ashley Nichole Anderson. I like to be called Ash, Nick, Nicky or Andy. I graduated from high school when I was 14 years old. I know that’s kind of sad for me because I had no friends because everyone teased me because I was the youngest one there. Sadly I had my older brother Andrew, by the way when I was 14 he was 18, he was the ringleader to all the teasing. He and his delinquent friends shoved me into lockers all the time. They also sent letters all through class and some of the teachers also joined in the reindeer fun. But back on topic, I know I was young and had no friends but I did consider one thing my friend: Music. Music is my best friend. It got me through all of the hard times in my hard life. My favorite band has to be Avenged Sevenfold. All of their songs inspired me to live my life and get through the day.

After school that day I walked home. It’s about a three-mile walk to get home but since I wasn’t old enough to drive and my dumb older brother wouldn’t drive me because I would ruin his reputation, so I had to walk. It took me about an hour and a half to get home. I can’t wait to get to my room to kick back and relax to the sound of M. Shadows voice, I thought. But sadly when I walked through the front door my brother was standing there smirking. I knew he knew something and I wonder what it was.

“Ashley, mom wants to talk to you about something important,” He said happily.

“What is it about and why are you smiling?” I asked because he never smiled at me or was happy around me. And if he did smile it usually meant something bad was going to happen.

“Well you’ll have to find out you brat,” He replied while pushing me into the kitchen. Well there’s his true evil, I thought. When he pushed me he pushed too hard and I fell on the floor with a thump. I could feel I twisted or sprained my ankle so I cried out when I tried to get up. And he does nothing and I mean nothing to help me, all he did was laugh and push me back down whenever I tried standing. But what does my mother do she laughs at my pain. A real mother wouldn’t do that, a real mother would help me then yell at Andrew. All I could think about was I’ll be out of here in only a few more weeks. But what they didn’t know was that I enlisted into the army. I planned to help the world to become a better place. If things couldn’t be good for me, then I should help others in my situation.

“ASHLEY NICHOLE ANDERSON! HAVE YOU HEARD A THING I JUST SAID!” my mother screamed.

“N-n...no. I’m s-sorry m-mom I was t-thinking, c-could you r-repeat what y-you s-said.” I stuttered.

“I said that you were grounded for being home late. You should have been here the same time as your brother. Why can’t you be like him and come home on time?!” She shouted the last part. Before she walked away she smacked me on my cheek, the forces of it made me fall to the ground. She then took this opportunity to kick my multiple times in my ribs. After the fifth kick I heard a loud crack causing me to scream in pain. But again all she did was laugh at my pain and kick me again. I should be use to this by now since this happens everyday but each day it gets worst. They were never like this when I was little. It all started after the fateful accident.

*Flashback*

I was sitting under this amazing tree at a park down the street from my house. I go there all the time because it’s relaxing and I love to write lyrics and music there. It was kind of like my inspiration. Everyone in my family thinks it’s stupid that I dedicate myself so much into my music instead of my schoolwork. But what they don’t know is that I don’t need to do anything, for crying out loud I’m 6 years old and I’m in 5th grade. I skipped two grades, how much work do I really need to do. My parents, I mean parent won’t listen though. I mainly come here because it’s a place dad took me all the time before he died. He was in a car accident on his way home from work to come home to my birthday party a year ago. His light was green but a drunk driver ran the red light and collided into the driver side of his car. He was still alive when the paramedics arrived so they brought him to the hospital. But sadly once he arrived he died on the operating table. When mom got the call from the hospital I just got home from the park.

“Mommy what’s wrong? Mommy?” I asked with tears in my eyes. I can’t stand people crying in front of me. I know some people feel this way too, it’s like you see the person’s heart break. I then noticed Andrew standing in the kitchen doorway. “Big Bro, what’s wrong with mommy?” He looked over at me with tears in his eyes. I know right then that something bad happened. The last time he cried was when our Golden Retriever got hit by a car and died. Andrew thinks that he must always act tough because that’s what all the big boys do. I on the other hand don’t believe that, I believe we should all show our feelings.

“S-Sis, D-Dad-d…” he couldn’t finish he just started to cry harder. Mom then got off the phone. She tried to set the phone on the table next to the couch but she miss and it felt like it slowly fell to the floor.

“Nicky, I’m so sorry but daddy won’t be able to make it to your birthday party.” She said still crying and a distant look in her eyes.

“Mommy what do you mean daddy won’t be here. Did he get hold up in his office?” I was confused about this whole matter. I mean daddy never missed my birthday he didn’t even miss when my first tooth fell out. He came running into the house when I told him. That’s why I always got along with daddy, he was always there for me and so supported.

“Ashley, it’s because of you that he’s gone. Because you were so selfish about him having to be here he got killed in a car accident. He was rushing home just to see you and look what you have done. He’s gone, my loving husband and the father of Andrew.” She yelled at me. I knew she snapped but what I didn’t understand was why did she just say ‘the father of Andrew’ wasn’t he my father too? I was snapped out of that thought when I felt a sharp pain on my cheek. I brought my small hand up to it and hissed in pain. I brought my hand down to find a little bit of blood on it.

I looked up in horror at my mother in fear and started to cry. “Mom why?” I couldn’t say anything else but when she answered, “You deserved it and you will deserve everything you get! You murderer!” I cried even harder and ran to my room to lock myself into it. I blast Afterlife and once I heard a part I knew it was somewhat about me.

“I don’t belong here, we gotta move on dear
Escape from this afterlife
‘Cause this time I’m right to move on and on
Far away from here”

*Present time*


Since that day my mother and brother blamed me for the lost of dad. Dad was the only one that loved when I wrote new songs or music. He loved when I played the drums or guitar. Over all he just loved me. Mother on the other had didn’t like anything I did or said. She always tried to throw out my lyrics or broke the strings on my guitar and smashed my drumheads. Anything to try to destroy what little joy I have in life. Mother even started to abuse me. I had to but on cover up on my face and arms so people at school don’t get curious about what’s happening. I didn’t want to go into the custody of child serves. It was hard for me to live after that day but I got through life by listening to “Afterlife” after every beating. Every time I listen to that I keep thinking I got to get out of this place.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok everyone here is the new start of the story. You may find that it sounds the same but later chapters are going to change fully. I'm sorry that this is so late, but I will now have more time on my hands because I was recently in a car accident and I'm on bed rest because of my back. This weekend I'll try to update but I'M GOING TO SEE AVENGED SEVENFOLD!!!! *does happy dance*
Comment's make the world go round so comment or the evil ducky will come.
DVP