Status: Should I keep or delete?

Until I Make It Home to You

Let the Bodies Hit the Floor

At campsite

We just arrived at the campsite where we’re going to live for a while. It’s nice but it could be better. All you can see is miles of sand everywhere around you and tents surrounding the area for all the soldiers. I’m just happy I get to bunk with the Berry’s again. The Berry’s shared a bunk bed together while I’m in the one next to them. Since the twins were out on duty I decided to unpack my bag into the trunk in front of my bed then put on my uniform. I’m now settled in so I have to go see Private Washington to get my orders. I can’t believe the Berry’s couldn’t wait for me. I’m just as excited to see where I’m going to be but really you’d think they would have unpacked first, right? I thought. So as I was walking towards Private Washington’s tent I ran into a girl. And when I said run into I mean falling on the ground run into.

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry. I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going,” said the girl as she offered her hand to me. She then pulled me up and I brushed the dirt and sand off of me.

“No, I should be the one to apologies. I was in a rush and was lost in my mind thinking. I’m sorry I ran into you. By the way I’m Ashley,” I said offering my hand. She accepted and shook my hand.

“Hi, I’m Amy. So where are you headed in such a hurry?” Amy asked curiously.

“Oh, I’m headed to meet with Private Washington about my duties,” I replied. “And I better be going or else I could end up with a sucking job.”

“Ok, good luck with that and I hope I see you around,” She smiled at me while I ran to where I was going. She was very nice. I hope we become friends, I haven’t had a girl friend yet and I bet we’ll get along very well, I thought. I finally reached my destination and knocked on the door.

“Come in,” the voice answered. So I walked in and saw a woman behind the desk. “What can I do for you?”

“Hello sir, I was wondering if I could get my duties,” I said. She shuffled some papers around on her desk.

“What is your name?” I’m guessing Private Washington asked.

“Sir, Anderson, sir,” I replied to Private Washington. She suddenly stopped shuffling her papers and looked up at me.

“You’re Anderson? Man, Kidman is really letting his standards down. I thought you would have been a little tougher or something, not a tiny little girl,” she said. “But anyway your job is to protect the base here and relax and in two days you will be shipped off to battle.”

I left in a confused mood; I don’t understand what Washington meant by the comments she said but I can’t let that bring me down. At least I don’t have to be in war for two more days. I’m so happy, I thought. I was still in thought when I realized I was back at my tent so I just walked right in. When I got inside I saw only Matt in there. “Hey Matt, what job did you get?” I asked him.

“I have to go to war tomorrow and Jason had to go today. I hope everything works out ok; I’m going to miss him. You know what I mean,” he asked me with a sad look in his eyes. I only have seen that look only once and that was when I told him about my abusive childhood.

“Yeah, I know what you mean. Jason is like my brother too. He may be annoying like a little brother but he’s just like an older, protective brother I never got to have. I know you’ll miss him but at least you have me ‘til tomorrow. And then I’ll see you in the battlefield in two days time,” I told him truthfully. I sometimes wish that Andrew and I had a better relationship. We did before our father died but after he became distant and began to abuse me like mom did. We use to be the best of friends, we use to go to movies, shows, concerts, and he taught me how to sing and play the drums and guitar. I miss those times when he treated me so well. I hope when I return home he’s still around and that his letter was not tell me the truth when it said he was either dead or hurt badly.

“Nick, Nick are you in there,” Matt joked smiling.

“Yeah, I’m still in there. Sorry I was just thinking about Andrew and how I hope he’s ok. But besides that what do you want to do while we still have time together?” I asked him.

“Well, I was thinking we could just talk and maybe just hangout in our tent. You know, some quiet time,” he replied. I nodded my head and we just talked for hours about random stuff, from bands we liked to kittens, dogs, to names, and foods to dreams. It was fun, when we were in the middle of a sentence we both passed out because we were both so tiered.

The next day

Today was the day Matt was leaving me. I’m sad that he’s leaving but at the same time I’m happy because he’ll be able to see Jason again. So when he left I hugged him goodbye and told him to tell Jason hi and good luck. I watched Matt and a few other men get on the bus and drive away ‘til I couldn’t see them anymore. I then started to walk around being bored. Then suddenly I ran into a person. Man I’m really a klutz and accident-prone. I’m almost as bad as Bella from Twilight, I thought as I picked myself off the ground. “I’m so sorry,” I said to
the person.

“No it’s ok, and we must stop meeting like this Ashley,” Amy said as we both laughed at our klutziness.

“Yeah we should, but where’s the fun in that.”

“So Ash, what job did Washington give you and when do you go off to battle?”

“Well, Washington said I had to relax and protect everyone here and that I’ll go to battle tomorrow.”

“Wow, that’s good. She’s never that easy on someone, she’s really tough like if you don’t clean a room or something she would send you to the front line,” Amy laughed while thinking about something funny.

“Really? She was so nice to me. Anyway what do you do around here? Why aren’t you in battle?” I asked curiously.

“Well, yeah she really is tough. But right now I’m a watchman for around here until next month when I can go to battle. And if you’re leaving tomorrow you should head to your tent to relax and prepare yourself for the scene you’ll be seeing tomorrow,” she said that and then left me standing there thinking about what she meant by that. I walked back to my tent in a daze and fell to sleep the moment my head hit the pillow.

The next day

Ok so once I woke up the following morning I was ready for my day. I got on the bus and let me tell you it was one long bus ride, at least five hours. But once we got to where we needed all I saw was soldiers shooting and blood. I walked off the bus to only duck before I got shot, so I had to crawl on the ground until I found a fellow U.S. soldier. And it was funny because the first one I found happens to be Jason. Right next to him was Matt.
“Hey guys, miss me?” I asked to lighten the mood around here. They looked down in shock then smiled once they realized it was me.

“Oh yeah we missed you,” they both said with sad smiles. We talked for a few minutes before I looked up at the scene in front of me. Blood was everywhere and so were bodies just lying on the ground. You could see the skin and the bones everywhere you looked. I wanted to cry just seeing this sight. Those poor people, I wonder how their families would take it when they find out their loved ones where died or killed. I wonder how my family would take it? I thought to myself. I started to then shoot at our enemy but all I could think about was the song “Let the Bodies Hit the Floor by Drowning Pool”.

Skin to skin, blood and bone
You're all by yourself but you're not alone
You wanted in and now you're here
Driven by hate, consumed by fear

Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait, I've been really busy with school and also college applications. Plus with yesterday's date it was very hard for me. I can't believe it's already been a year.

I hope everyone had a fun Christmas and Holiday's!

Who is everyone's favorite cartoon character?

Mine is Pluto, that is one of my fun secrets you can find any pluto thing in my room and recently this Christmas I got another Pluto plush!

What is your favorite song to randomly sing?

Mine is Barbie Girl, it always gets stuck in my head and is also my ring tone :)