Status: Should I keep or delete?

Until I Make It Home to You

I Want to Die

One year later POV Matt B

I know it’s been a year and I still haven’t talked to Ashley but I think it’s for the best. She doesn’t need us for help. But now that I think about it, maybe she does. She does come from an abusive family; she had no friends, now she’s still at war. Maybe I should write to her today. Jason then picks a good time to come in the room. “Hey J, do you want to help me write a letter for Ash?”

“Well I kind of can’t. I promised Jimmy and Johnny that I would help them today. Sorry,” he said while grabbing his jacket and left. So now I’m all alone, guess I should write the letter. I sat down at the desk, grabbed a sheet of paper, pen in hand and started writing the letter.

Dear Ashley,

I know it’s been almost two years since I last talked to you. Jason and I have been very busy with the band and all that. We just got off tour; we toured with Buckcherry. How awesome is that? But anyway how have you been doing? I know that’s a dumb question since you’re where you are, but I want to know if you’re ok. Is Amy still with you? Have you gotten shot yet? Please be safe and know you’re my hero. Talk to you again soon and I’ll make sure Jason does too.

From,

Matt


Well that’s now out of the way. Once I turned around I screamed. There stood Matt smirking because he scared me. “Matt what the fuck, how did you get in my house?”

“Well let’s just say a little birdie gave me a key. It also said you were upset and distant. I was wondering if that girl had anything to do with it,” he asked while I tried to calm my beating heart.

“Ok tell this ‘birdie’ that I’m fine. I don’t need help, so why don’t you just leave me alone,” I shouted at him. All Matt did was huff and leave.

Few days later at the battle field POV normal

It’s been a year and I haven’t heard from Libby for a while now. And it’s been two years since
I heard from any of the Berry brothers. I now have the thought they left me when they left the war. People around me now notice I’m a little depressed. I almost walked to Washington’s courters to ask her to send me to the front lines. When I think those thoughts I think of the song called “I want to die by Mortal Love”.

Another day passed me by

Another day filled with pain

You are not here

You're with someone else

I love you to death

You love someone else

So I just wanna die


When we watch the news on weekends they keep calling us heroes. I’m now tired of that word. Nobody is a hero. The new mailman Kim just came in, John got shot when he was heading out to retrieve more letters. All Kim does is just hands them to me instead of asking. I gave her a faint smile before grabbing my letters. I didn’t want to look at the front so I just ripped it open.

Dear Ashley,

Are you read for your next clue? If not too bad because here it is, this years clue is different. A baby was born and was unwanted. If you don’t know what it is yet then you must really hate my riddles. I’m doing fine now, mom and I finally moved and we’re finally moving on. I still watch the news to see if you’re alive or not. It’s tearing my heart to know that my little sis could be dead or hurt. For your birthday present this year I’m going to send you another clue. So wait four more months.

Writing to you,

Andrew


I couldn’t believe him. What does this all mean, I know that I’m blonde and all but come on I’m not that dumb. I guess I have to wait ‘til my birthday. Ok now on to the next one, I did the same and just ripped it open without looking.

Dear Ashley,

I know it’s been almost two years since I last talked to you. Jason and I have been very busy with the band and all that. We just got off tour; we toured with Buckcherry. How awesome is that? But anyway how have you been doing? I know that’s a dumb question since you’re where you are, but I want to know if you’re ok. Is Amy still with you? Have you gotten shot yet? Please be safe and know you’re my hero. Talk to you again soon and I’ll make sure Jason does too.

From,

Matt


I couldn’t believe him. After all these years of waiting he says that he’s been busy. I know one thing for sure, I’m not writing him back. I started to think for a while before I got called back into war still thinking.

Four months later

Ok so I’m now 21 years old. I’m old enough to drink and I’m not allowed to drink. It sucks. So I’m waiting for Kim to come back and give me my mail. Andrew’s letter is coming today and I can’t wait to find out what it says. Kim just walked in and smiled at me. “Ash, you got your letter from Andrew today,” she said walking out of my tent but stopped. “Oh, and happy birthday.” I opened my letter and smiled at it. Andrew and I have been writing to each other and talking again.

Dear Ashley,

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Ashley, happy birthday too you. So I know I can’t sing to you like I use to but this will have to do. Well you’ve been at war for three years now. I can’t believe it. Anyways I know you’re only reading this letter to know what the surprise clue is, so here it is. Have you thought of your favorite band as something more? So sis, I hope you stay strong and brave; you are my hero. The move went good; mom got a job and so did I. I hope in the future we will meet again but for now good luck my hero.

Love,

Andrew.


I still can’t believe they moved but it was for their own good. When I get out of here I’m going to look for them until I die. Anyway today I get the day off so I’m going to sleep.

California POV Jason

Well today is Ashley’s birthday; she would have been turning 21. Matt, the guys, and I are going to the bar to celebrate it. Since she didn’t respond to our letters we decided to just stop the communication. Jimmy and Matt S. are now really worried about us. We haven’t really talked to anyone lately. I’m just happy that in about two more years Ash can come home. She needs to get out of there. When I was still there and held her at night I could tell that the war was killing her slowly inside. But there is nothing I can do for her anymore. It’s all up to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to write this one up when I saw I have over 500 readers! Yet I only have 72 comments, the math doesn't add up. So comment even if it's to say hi or what color your socks are. And I'd like to thank the silent readers, you guys are awesome.

Question time (now putting my answers in the next chapter)
What's your favorite color?

What's your favorite place to shop?