I'm Not Cinderella.

two.

“Charlotte, what are you doing?” My dad snapped at me.

“I’m obviously sitting, like you told me.” I said in a duh voice, just to annoy him.

“I didn’t mean sit on the floor.”

“You never said that, you just told me to come sit down. I would have sat down in my chair, but Martha happens to be sitting in that which means I can’t at the moment.

Charlotte.” He said annoyed. “Get up and go sit on the loveseat.

“No can do.” I said as I looked at the strange guy sitting on it. “I don’t know who that is, and he might have some strange disease that could kill me if I go near him. I think I’ll stay right here.”

“Charlotte!” He said with his strict voice, which I knew not to mess with. “Just do as I say and sit there.”

“Whatever.” I mumbled as I jumped up and went to sit on the loveseat. As soon as my butt touched it the guy moved away a little bit, and then glared at me. I don’t know what was up with him, but there was no need for him to glare at me. I hadn’t done anything to him.

“Charlotte,” My dad started. I realized I had been staring at the unknown guy and giving him a weird look. I looked away from him and to my dad. “This is Mr. and Mrs. Wither.” He said as he motioned his hand towards to other adults sitting on our couch. I raised my hand a little bit and waved to them slightly. “And their son Taite.” I looked back at the guy sitting by me. I didn’t wave to him or anything, it wouldn’t of mattered anyways. He was too busy staring at arm rest.

“Nice to meet you Charlotte.” Mr. Wither said as he smiled.

“You too.” I said quietly.

“Now, Charlotte. I have something very important to tell you.” My dad said in his ‘don’t overreact voice’ which usually meant it was something bad. He used that same voice when he told me he was remarrying. “The reason they are here right now is because, well, you are going to be living with them.” My mind froze on me after that. I know he added something else to it, but I don’t know what it was.

My father was making me go in live with some strange people I’ve only just met? Why? What did I do?

“What?” I barely got it out. I must have heard him wrong, or I’m dreaming. That’s probably it, I’m just dreaming.

“You are going to go live with them, because you are arranged to marry their son.” It came out easier for him this time.

“Come again?” I couldn’t of heard him right, there is no way he would do this.

“You heard me Charlotte.” This has to be a dream. I pinched my arm to get me to wake up. When I didn’t wake up, I just started at my arm, staying silent. After a few moments I tried the pinching method again, when it didn’t work I just continued you trying for it. I probably tried it for ten minutes straight. Then I felt a rough hand grab my own and pull it away from my arm.

“You’re not in a dream, so that’s not going to work.” Taite said from beside.

“That’s exactly what someone would say if I were dreaming.” I mumbled. I looked up towards him.

“I’ve been trying to ‘wake up’ also for the past two weeks; it’s not going to work. We are to get married. It’s been arranged for years, nothing is going to stop it. I’ve already tried.” He stood up from his seat. “We should probably go out to the dining room, that’s where the parents are right now.” I looked up and realized that we were the only two still in here. “Probably arranging when we’ll have our kids also.” He said with distant as he walked out of the room. I followed him slowly, until I got to the stairs. Then instead of going to the dining room I walked up into my room and locked myself in.

Image

I sat down on my bed unmoving for over an hour, until my phone went off. I grabbed it off my desk and saw Nate’s name on the screen.

“Hello?”

“Hey, where are you?” He asked.

“In my room. Where else would I be?” I said confused, he knew where I was.

“Well, your dad called my apartment like twenty minutes ago asking if you were here. So I thought you left your house or something.”

“No, I’ve been up in my room for the past hour.”

“Oh well you should probably go and tell your dad you’re still home.”

“I’d rather not. I don’t really feel like do anything nice for him.”

“Why? What’d he do now?”

“I can’t explain over the phone, I need to talk to you in person.” I sighed.

“Well, I can’t come over, so you’re going to have to wait. Or tell me now.”

“Fine, I’ll tell you now, but I still want to be able to explain more about in person, so you have to come over tomorrow.”

“Alright, now tell me.” I heard a knock on my door, but just ignored it.

“Well the people that are over here tonight, apparently their son and I are in some kind of arranged marriage. So now I have to go and live with them.

“Wow.” Nate didn’t sound very surprised. I would of asked him about, but someone was still knocking on my door.

“Yeah, wow. I need to go now. I’ll call you later.” I hung up and stood up from my bed. I walked over to my door and swung it open. “What?” I snapped. The Taite guy was standing there. He turned around and didn’t say anything to me.

“She is here.” He yelled downstairs then turned back around. “Our parents said we need to start packing for you. Since we’re leaving early in the morning.” He pushed pass me and walked into my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's short.
it's almost two in the morning, but i got inspiration for this story. (:
banners?
comments?

ask me a question?