I'm Not Cinderella.

three.

I ignored Taite looking around my room and went back on my bed to grab my phone. I opened it up and started dialing Nate’s number.

“Who are you calling?” Taite said from looking inside my closet. I don’t even know how he knew I was calling someone, his back was to me and his head was in my closet.

“My friend.” I mumbled as it started to ring.

“Boyfriend?” He said as he looked at me.

“Nope, just friend.” I said a little annoyed. He didn’t need to be snooping in my room.

“Hey, I just called you like thirty seconds ago.” Nate chuckled as he answered his phone.

“Yeah, I know.” I mumbled. “But you really need to come over here. Now.” I said, using my begging voice.

“Charlotte, I’m not supposed to be over there anymore tonight though.”

“Come on Nate, be a good friend and do this for me.” He sighed, and I knew I had gotten him to agree.

“Fine, I’ll be over in a few minutes.” Then he hung up. I smiled a bit and hung up the phone. “What are you doing?” I asked as Taite started looking through my drawers.

“Nothing, just looking around your room.”

“Well, stop.”

“Whatever.” He closed my drawer he was looking through and turned around to face me. “So who’s your friend you were talking to?”

“My friend. Duh.” He rolled his eyes.

“What’s his name?”

“Why does it matter?”

“I need to know who my future wife hangs out with, make sure they’re not a bad influence.”

“He’s not; so don’t worry about it. Also, do not call me your ‘future wife’ ever. It’s not going to happen; I’m going to find a way out of it.” He scoffed and leaned up against my bureau.

“I’ve been trying since I found out; if I can’t, you’re not going to be able to.”

“You don’t know me, I will find a way. I’m good at things like that.” I said as I stared at him; observing. “And if worse comes to worse, I can just kill you off.” I smirked, joking lightly. He had a pair of white gauges in his ears, they weren’t too big though; the perfect size. His hair was slightly wavy and the perfect length; in my opinion. He some stubble growing, making a ‘chin strap’; he probably hadn’t shave in a while.

“Done fantasizing over me?” He smirked as he snapped me out of my thoughts.

“I wasn’t ‘fantasizing’ over you.” I used air quotes.

“Then what were you doing? You were staring at me for at least five minutes.”

“No, you were imagining that, I was looking at the wall.”

He rolled his eyes and moved away from my bureau. “Whatever. You should probably start packing. We’re leaving at like 4 in the morning.”

“I can’t pack.” I stood up from my bed and walked out of my room. I went to sit in the living room while I waited for Nate to get here.

“Why?” Taite said as he followed me.

“I don’t have a suitcase. My old set of luggage ripped last year.” I sat down on the couch and turned on the T.V. “So I guess I can’t go.” I said in a fake disappointed voice. “Too bad!” I flipped through the channels looking for something to watch. There was nothing on so I shut it off and just stared at the screen.

“I’m sure you can borrow your father’s luggage set or something.” He said as he put his feet on our coffee table. I would have pointed out to him that if my step-mom see’s those on there she’s going to freak out; but decided not to.

“Nope, I can’t. Guess I’m not leaving.” I said as I heard the door bell ring. “Be right back.” I lied as I pretty much ran to get the door. I opened the door and Nate was there. I pulled him in and started up the stairs with him.

“Whose here?” I heard my dad yell from the kitchen. I guess he realized I was downstairs now.

“No one.” I lied as I got to my room and shut the door. I locked the door and turned to face Nate. “Can you believe they’re making me marry some random person?” I immediately started. “I mean someone I don’t even know. They just expect me to go and live this weird ass family that I know nothing off. They could all be freaky creatures that are planning on killing me!” I screamed as I walked around my room.

“I’m sure they’re not planning on killing you.” Nate said in his calm voice. “I don’t think your dad would allow you to marry someone that was going to kill you.” He went and sat down on my bed.

“How does he know though? They could of tricked him and made him think they were all good and normal!”

“Charlotte, you’re overreacting. I’m sure there nice people.”

“Are you seriously siding with my dad? I mean really! I mean he’s probably only doing this so we can’t spend time together anymore.”

“Ah yes, his elaborate plan to make you never see me again.” He said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes. “If you’re dad just wanted to make so we couldn’t spend any time together he would sent you to your grandmother’s or something.”

“No, he knows my grandmother loves you. This is defiantly because he doesn’t want us to be friends anymore.” I said as I sat down beside him. I was calming down a little bit. He grabbed me and pulled me up so we were cuddling.

“I don’t think he would have you marry someone just so we couldn’t hang out. That would be way to much trouble.”

“Yeah, you’re right.” I turned around so I was laying on my side and my head was in his chest. I breathed in his scent; the woods.

“Maybe Martha planned this.” I know he only said this to make me happy and didn’t actually think that.

“Probably.” I mumbled as I looked up at him. He looked down back at me and smiled.

“So, tell me about the guy; is he good looking?”

“Yeah, I guess.” He seemed a little annoyed that I said he was so I moved closer to him and put my arm around him.

“What’s he like?”

“I just met him Nate.” I laughed lightly. “I don’t know. Annoying so far.” He chuckled slightly at that. There was a knock on my door and I sighed. “I don’t want to get up.” I mumbled and whined.

“You should probably answer it Charlotte.”

“Can I come in?” It was Taite.

“But you don’t have to answer it if you don’t want to.” Nate said quietly, probably so Taite couldn’t hear. After a few seconds my door opened up and Taite walked in; I swore I locked it. Nate looked up and glared at him, which confused me, Nate didn’t even know him.

“Nathan.” Taite said with some hate in his voice.

“Taite.” Nate pretty much growled.

“Do you think you could get off my fiancée? I don’t really like you being that close to her.”

“Well, she wants me here. So no, no I can’t.”

“I’m asking nicely Nathan; Don’t make me force you away from her.” He said, getting annoyed.

“You nice? That’s fucking funny.” Nate wasn’t usually mean to people and didn’t understand why he was acting like this.

“If you won’t get away from her then I will have to go tell her father and I’m sure he’ll make you leave.”

“Go ahead. I don’t really care.”

“Fine, I will.” Taite said as he stomped out of the room. I looked up at Nate and about to ask what that was about, but he answered before I could.

“I just don’t like that guy.” He sat up and pulled me with him. “He’s an asshole.”

“How do you know that? You just met him.”

“Are you saying he’s nice?” Nate scoffed slightly.

“No, I’m just saying how do you know he’s an asshole?”

“Well, I’ve known him my whole life. He’s my cousin.” He sighed.

“Oh.” I said as I looked down at my legs.

“Yeah, I’m really sorry you have to marry him. The only reason he’s even being nice right now is because your parents are around. But at least you have a year to find a way out of the marriage.” Nate shrugged.

“What?” I asked confused. I had no idea we were getting married in a year; so how did Nate?

“Oh. You didn’t know that.” He said as he looked away from my face.

“No. I didn’t, why do you?”

“Um, well… I kind of knew about the marriage way before you. Pretty everyone related to Taite did. I’ve known since it was first arranged.”

“Why didn’t you ever tell me?” I said a little mad. I wanted to scream at him, but I would wait for explanation first.

“I just wasn’t allowed to. You don’t even know how many times I almost did. But I just couldn’t.” He sighed.

“Why? What would have happened?” I snapped at him; getting mad now. I crossed my arms and glared.

“Nothing; I promised though.” He said quietly.

“So you could have given me a warning? So I could of maybe done something about it? But instead you just kept from me. Wow. What a great friend.” I said as I tried to climb off him, but he wouldn’t let me go. He looked hurt that I was mad.

“Come on Charlotte, don’t be mad. I feel bad enough about this. I wanted to tell you. I really really did but-“

“I don’t care. If you actually cared about me you would of have told me sooner.”

“Charlotte.” He whined slightly as he pulled our faces closer so our foreheads were touching. “Please don’t be mad.” He pouted slightly; knowing I wasn’t going to be able to stay mad at him.

“Why?” I mumbled as I tried to look away from him. He smiled slightly, knowing I wasn’t as mad anymore.

“Because you love me.” He chuckled slightly.

“So?” I said as I tried to stay mad at him.

“So, you’re not mad anymore and you know that I feel bad so you’re going to forgive me because you hate when I’m hurt.”

“Fine.” I sighed. He smiled and went and kissed my forehead. I turned a little red from that; even though I’ve Nate most of my life and he does that all the time I still get embarrassed from the butterflies that erupt in my stomach when he does.

“Now, I should probably go before your dad comes and kills me.” We stood up and he hugged me really quick. “You should probably pack, and I’ll come and see you tomorrow around 3:30 before you leave.”

“How do you know where leaving that early in the morning?”

“I know everything.” He smirked before he went over to my window and climbed out of it; so my dad wouldn’t see him.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long.
school and such.

banners?
comments?

xx