I'm Not Cinderella.

five.

“I’m not sleeping in the same room as you.” I said to Taite, trying not to yell; wasn’t working that well.

“Yeah, you kind of are.” He said as he pushed me into his room and pulled the rest of my luggage in.

“Why can’t I sleep in a different room? You pretty much live in a fucking castle, I’m sure you have some free rooms that I could use.”

“I’m sure we do. Talk to my parents, they’re the ones that decided it was best for us to sleep together.” He went and sat on his bed.

“Ew.” I gave him a disgusted look. “We’re defiantly not do that; ever.”

“That’s not what I meant!” He said, quiet loudly. I just rolled my eyes.

“Sure you didn’t.” I opened up one of the suitcases looking for my laptop I had put in there.

“Unless of course you want to.” He said in a smug voice after a few minutes.

“I would rather claw my own eyes out.” I mumbled as I sat down on the floor and turned it on. He snorted and stood up.

“It’s obvious you find me attractive.”

“It’s obvious you find yourself attractive.” Once everything was loaded I found my iPod and started charging it; I set it down on the floor and stood up.

“I do look pretty good.” I rolled my eyes and walked towards the door. “What are you doing?” He said once I had opened the door and walked out.

“I’m going to try to find your parents to talk to them about the sleeping arrangements.” Looking around the hallway, I realized I had no idea where to go or where they would be; why does the place have to be so fucking big and confusing? I just decided to go back from where we came from and start at the front door, if I could even find it.

“It’s not going to work.” Taite said, leaning against the door frame. “They think since we’re going to be getting married in about a year we should get to know each other and get used to living together.”

“But I mean, what if we had sex or something? I really don’t think your parents would want that to happen.”

“So you do want to have sex me.” He smirked.

“That’s not what I meant.” I yelled, blushing slightly. He chuckled and pushed off from his door frame; walking forward.

“Come on. I’ll show you around the house.” I didn’t follow him at first. He turned around. “Fine, stay there, but if you get lost in the house don’t yell my name for help.” He kept walking backwards and was almost out of the hallway. I sighed annoyed and followed him. “So, I guess we should start with my floor.”

Your floor?” I said, a bit confused.

“Yeah, I have my own floor, kind of like my own apartment. It has a kitchen and an entertainment room and such.”

“Why would you get your own floor?”

“Couple of reasons, one I’m 23 so I kind of need my own place – which this kind of is – and two if I’m getting married me and my wifey need our alone time.” He his arm around my shoulder and pulled me up against his side. I pushed away from and ducked from under his arm as I continued following him around the floor.

“Don’t ever call me ‘wifey’ again.” I shuddered a bit just thinking about it. He laughed again and we continued on.

Image
“- and then we have this garden out in the back yard. If we went farther into it there’s a fountain with a bench built into it, good place for reading.” Taite said, finally finishing showing me around the place; after almost three hours I might add.

“Why the hell is this place so fucking big?” I mumbled as I walked around the garden slightly. I don’t think I retained anything he said except where the front door was and how to get to our – gag – room was from it. He just shrugged and looked up when he heard the back door close. I turned around to see who it was.

“Ah, there you two are!” Taite’s mom laughed – what was her name again, fuck did she even tell me it? Whatever, I’ll figure it out later. “We’ve been looking all over for you two. Come on, it’s time for dinner and we have some news.” She said happily – I almost wanted to stab my own eyes out from the sound of her voice. Taite chuckled and shook his head while he grabbed my wrist and pulled me forward – jolting me out of my thoughts – with him back inside.

I sat down at the dining table, across from Taite, and started swinging my legs back and forth. I kept hitting Taite’s shins every time and just laughed when he said ow.

“I’m going to find my husband, be right back.” Taite’s mom left. I kept kicking Taite’s shin, then he finally grabbed my foot and pushed them away roughly.

“Stop. It.” He growled slightly – liking a fucking animal – and glared at me.

“Make me.” I said, retorting like a two year old.

“Fine.” After a second, or so, I felt feet lying on my lap. Taite was leaning back comfortably and I looked down seeing his feet on my lap.

“Move them.”

“Stop kicking me.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

No.

Yes.

“Nope.”

“Fine then, I’m keeping my feet here.” I rolled my eyes and mumbled whatever.

“So immature.” I mumbled under my breath. I grabbed my fork from beside my plate and stab the bottom of Taite’s foot with it, pretty hard, and he pulled them back.

“Ow.” He whined slightly. “That was really immature.” He mumbled. I scoffed and just ignored while his parents walked back into the room. They both sat down then maids came out with food.

After we finished eating Taite’s mum turned her body to me and stared at me excitedly – I was a little frigging scared.

“So what Charlotte?” Her giant smile almost made me laugh.

What?” I said, faking excitement and Taite snorted into his napkin. Mrs. Withers smile dropped a bit, for a moment, but then it was back in full force.

“I got off the phone earlier with Nathan and we made plan for him to come out later this week and he’s going to stay for a while.”

Great” Taite muttered.

“Yeah?” I said – in a bit of a better mood – ignoring Taite.

“Yes, he’ll be in time for the party on Friday.”

“What party?” I raised my eyebrow like ‘what are you talking about?’

“You mean Taite hasn’t told you?” She looked towards him.

“Forgot.” He muttered – taking a roll and starting to pick at it.

“Well, your engagement announcement party of course.” She laughed slightly. “Oh it’s going to be so much fun.” She squealed. “I was out shopping the other day and saw this most beautiful dress that would look fantastic on you – you’ll just love it – we can look at it tomorrow.”

“Yeah, loved to and everything, but I have plans.” I faked disappointment, while I stood up.

“With Taite?”

“Nope, with a bag of chips, a collection of movies, and the entertainment room. Sorry. Some other time though, maybe.” I patted her shoulder slightly and walked out of the dining room towards the stairs.

“Oh,” She said quietly, sounding disappointed. “Yes, some other time then.” I almost felt bad from the sound of her voice, but I just kept walking.

Image
“You know, you didn’t need to be a bitch to my mom earlier.” Taite said as he banged open the door to his room later in the evening. I looked up from computer and shrugged.

“She’s part of the reason I’m not home right now, so sorry if I’m not her biggest fan.” I mumbled, not really caring.

“Well she’s trying to be nice and treat you well, and you almost made her cry earlier. You could try to be nicer.”

“Yeah, whatever.” I grumbled. Taite grabbed my laptop away from me and held it above his head.

“I want you to go apologize to her.” He ordered.

“And I would listen to you why?”

“Because, I can always tell her not to let Nathan visit and then you won’t be seeing him for a while. So either go apologize now, or no Nathan.” I stood up and muttering under my breath – walking out of the room.

“And she would be …?” I said stopping at the doorway, turning around.

“She is the family room on the first floor.” I stomped out of the room and tried to remember my way there. I got lost a couple of times but finally found it.

“Hello Charlotte.” She spoke without looking up from knitting.

“Hi.” I whispered – I might of actually been starting to feel bad. “Can I talk to you for second?” I said after a few moments of silence. She finally looked up from her knitting a smiled.

“Of course, come and sit.”

“I’m fine standing.” I mumbled. “But thanks for the offer.” I added on quickly – forcing a smile. “I just wanted to apologize for how I acted earlier.”

“It’s alright Charlotte, I understand. Be taking away from your friends and family like we’ve forced you to must hurt. I’m not mad – just bit a hurt. I’m trying to treat you well, but of course I understand your distant towards me.”

“But, I should be treating you like that – you’ve been nice to me, and you’re allowing Nate to come out and see me.” I smiled for real this time. “Also, if you’d like to show me that dress still tomorrow I would mind going.”

“I don’t want to force you to do anything.” She said, not trying to make me feel worst – though it did a bit – but being genuine.

“No, I really want to. I’m sure it’s beautiful.”

“Alright, so how about we leave at 11 and we can get some lunch out to town also.”

“Alright.” I nodded, turning to walk out of the room.

“Goodnight Charlotte.”

“Goodnight.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's been so long. D:
I thought this summer I would be writing tons, but it turns out summer makes me super lazy and have no motivation to write.
I will try not to wait this long again for a new chapter!
pretty boring chapter - bleh - sorry! :(

you guys want to make me some banners though? That would be cool.
Nate shall be in the next chapter, a party will be happening and an introduction to a new character - one of my favorites! :D

comment?
banners?
subscribe?

xx