Status: Very slowly active.

I'd Kill Myself for You, I'd Kill You for Myself

The Offering Pt.1

A heavy enervating sigh passed Brian’s thin lips as he furrowed his dark eyebrows. Placing his forehead against the cold thick glass of the Toyota Fit window, his dark chocolate orbs fixated themselves on the black iron gates which served as the apartment building entrance. Faint rustling sounded as the driver’s seat shifted under his weight. After four hours of surveillance comfort would naturally be limited. With an unhappy huff, the young man crossed his heavily tattooed arms over his t-shirt clad chest before roughly sitting back. As soon as his back made contact with the overstuffed driver’s seat a frown settled across his strong features. This ‘babysitting’ assignment was growing old, and fast. It had been three years of the same thing and he’d yet to receive an explanation as to why he had to keep watch of this woman. He was practically stalking the poor young thing with no idea as to why.

Growing increasingly bored by the second, shuffling sounded once more as Brian leaned forward in his seat. Tattooed fingers dancing on the surface of the grey carpet under the driver’s seat, in desperate search of his little piece of heaven. The smallest smirk slowly crept across his lips the moment his calloused fingertips made contact with cold steel. In one swift movement, Brian had removed his beloved magnum revolver from hiding. Something about having the weapon within his grasp made him feel strong, invincible. The adrenaline that pumps through your system the moment your index finger squeezes the trigger. The earsplitting echo of the lethal bullet leaving the barrel only to violently meet its target. It was a feeling like no other. One that he wouldn’t trade for the world. Everyone has a special talent, a calling if you will. His was marksman. He was the best shot around. No one questioned that fact because it was exactly that; fact. Brian’s skill was part of the reason Matt kept him around. It was an unmistakable asset to the group.

The faint slam of iron pierced through the silence startling the young man from his thoughts. Brian’s dark chocolate orbs snapped to the left as his heart accelerated anxiously. A wave of relief washed over his senses at the sight of his assignment, safe and sound. His dark eyebrows rose in surprise, head slightly tilting to the side involuntarily, and his jaw dropped in appreciation. Every male, taken or not, will take the time to examine and admire a beautiful women and Blake definitely fit that category. Stunning seemed to be a more appropriate word for the young woman at the moment. Without a second thought, Brian shook himself from his stupor hastily turning the cool metal within the ignition. Dark eyebrows furrowing together in confusion he glanced over his broad shoulder quickly before slowly pulling out of his parking spot across the street. He wasn’t completely sure where she would be going in such an outfit but he was going to find out.

“Fuck.” Brian muttered in disbelief. After aimlessly following after the young woman for ten minutes he finally took a moment to examine their surroundings. He had been so caught up in his assignment that he hadn’t noticed where she had been leading him. “Fuck, fuck, fuck.” He repeated quietly as his heart plummeted to the pit of his stomach. Gravel crunched under the car tires as he once again pulled into the Sanders’ manor. The vehicle came to a stop behind the line of cars within the manor’s gates. It took a few moments for the gears in Brian’s brain to screech to a halt. Everything suddenly making sense. “Amy, what did you do?” He whined, forehead violently coming in contact with the steering wheel in exasperation. “I am so fucked.” A sudden vibration within the gunman’s pocket earned an uneasy flip flop of his stomach. Digging within his jeans, Brian bit his bottom lip nervously having a hunch as to who it would be. Shadows, flashed across the screen as the device vibrated within his palm.

Hesitation aside he knew there was no avoiding this disaster. All he could do was explain to his boss the fact he had no idea where the young woman was off to and hope that he believed the truth. A nervous gulp sounded as he flipped his cell phone open. Reluctantly pressing the device to his ear instantly regretting the decision.

“What the fuck is going on?!” Matt boomed furiously. Despite the intimidating factor to the leader’s voice Brian sensed panic. Although he was unsure why. “She can’t be here!”

“All I did was follow her, I swear. I didn’t lead her here.”

“No one can see her here Brian. Especially Legacy.” He growled unhappily. Heavy footsteps could be heard rapidly on the other end. “She can’t make it in the manor. Get her the fuck off Avenged property. Now!”

With that a dial tone filled the receiver. Brian snapped his cell phone shut tossing it on the passenger seat irritably. Why was he always to blame for what went wrong? And why was he always to fix it? He was good at his job. Every assignment he’d ever been given he succeeded at. There were so many accusations, so many misunderstandings and bad luck that had been dished out his way as of late. Since the day Matt had returned home from prison to be exact. When he himself had been in charge while Matt was put away there were no misunderstandings, no accusations, and no bad luck. The job, no matter who it was, was done and it had been done right. He wasn’t saying Matt was a bad leader. Far from it actually. He was the best there was but a gang can’t be ran on fear alone. There has to be brotherhood, comradery, a bond. Everyone understood that. Everyone except for Matt.

“Great.” Amy had already run outside to greet Blake. It was entirely too hard to repress the smirk making its way across his thin lips at the beautiful smile on his girlfriend’s appealing face. He knew that without a doubt he would be in trouble but that sight alone made it worthwhile.

The only thing that kept him going were his brothers and his girl. The loyalty he held for both was like no other. He would give his life for his brothers and for Amy. He would throw himself in the line of fire, endanger himself and protect them with every fiber of his being. It was respectable. His dedication was part of the reason Amy loved him. His undeniable devotion to those he loved. Branding, being branded. It was a women’s way of forever dedicating themselves to a member of a certain gang. All women whom had a connection with a mafia, certain group or gang had one. It was much like being engaged in today’s society. Only much, much stronger. You were dedicating yourself to someone for the rest of your days in life and death. It was both romantic and idiotic. Everyone knew what it meant. There was no breaking up with someone after such an event. They were forever yours and you theirs. You were forever to be involved in a life of violence, broken laws, blood and ruthless power struggles. For some it’s easy. Pretend your loved one isn’t shamelessly slaughtering innocent. But for others it is impossible to live with. While for others, well it will only end in bloodshed.

With an uneasy sigh, Brian slowly exhaled. Pursing his thin lips together he placed his hand on the door handle pulling the lever before stepping out of the vehicle. Gravel crunching under his boots as he walked up the driveway. Lowering his head gravely, a dozen impossible ideas ran through his brain as he desperately searched for any way to remove Blake from the picture. But none of them left Amy very happy with him.

“Let’s go.” Amy stated hooking her thin arm within Blake’s. “Things are about to start.”
♠ ♠ ♠
1,338 words.
I know it's been forever, I apologize.
A lot has gone on. I moved, got a new job, settle in my new home, work all the time, got engaged and now me and my fiancé are planning our Dec. wedding.
Anyways, back to topic. Here's an update. I did my best for the moment.
I may re-write it. It really depends on what you guys think and if I get feedback or not.
Comments and subscriptions are appreciated. :]