It's Only a Lie If It Gets Bought

05.

I watched as she smiled and laughed, touching his arm occasionally. He grinned and pressed his nose against her cheek, giving her a soft kiss. She turned her head and kissed him lightly. I felt like throwing up.

"That's what happens when you sit around like a prick and do nothing," Cam said, pouring herself a glass of orange juice.

"Thanks for rubbing it in," I replied sarcastically.

"Anytime. Just remember, I forgave you once. Don't make me hate you again."

I groaned.

"Talk to her."

"She's got a boyfriend, Cam. It'd look bad."

"No shit Sherlock. And cowering in a bus with tinted windows, stalking the love of your life doesn't?"

I looked at her blankly. "No it doesn't."

"I've got a shift at the merch tables. And whoops, whadda ya know! I forgot to tell Parker she needs to take over for me at 5. Looks like you're gonna have to tell her for me!" she exclaimed lamely.

"BUT I –"

Sadly, it was no use. She was out the door and speeding towards the venue before I had a chance to finish.

"Damnit."

I took a deep breath. I could just not tell her. I could blame Cam. But then they'd both skin me alive. I could tell her last minute, try and work up the nerve. No, than she'd castrate me and blame me for messing up her schedule. I sighed, defeated.

"You really screwed this one up, Pete," I murmured to myself, my head in my hands.

"Screwed what up?"

I looked up from my shallow pit of misery and found myself face-to-face with none other than Jared, Parker's boyfriend.

Terrific.

"Nothing."

"Oh. Uhm, yeah, sorry to barge in, I just came to get something for Parker."

I was the one who'd started calling her that in the first place, I fumed. Did he know that? My guess was no.

"She couldn't come get it herself?"

He shook his head. "Said she was comfortable under the tree. Asked if I minded."

"Clearly you didn't."

He shrugged. "Not in the least. I'd do anything for her."

I fought the urge to vomit again.

"You okay?" he asked. "You look a little under the weather."

It frightened me how genuinely concerned he was. "No, I'm fine. Here." I tossed him the pack of Belmonts.

He paused. "How did you –"

"She always smokes after lunch. Ever since she was 15. It's like her routine."

He held the pack in his hand and smiled. "You know her really well, mate. Surprised you're not out there with her right now."

I couldn't help but smile. "I don't smoke."

"Strong man," he laughed, waving his lighter at me.

"I really wish she'd stop though."

Jay shoved his hands in his pockets, the cigarettes bulging out of his jeans. "I think she'd stop for you."

I arched my brow. "Wow, what planet are you from? Parker's the most opinionated, sarcastic, melodramatic person you will ever meet. She wouldn't quit smoking for her own mother."

He chuckled. "But you're not her mother, are you?"

I sighed and let out a laugh. "No, I guess I'm not."

"Jay? You there?"

He looked over his shoulder, and in walked Parker. She looked at me. "Oh, it's you. I didn't know he was in here."

Jay shrugged. "Nah, it's okay. We were just talking."

"Hm, well watch out. You never know what's gonna come out of that big fat mouth of his."

"Parker, I –"

"My, my Peter. I thought you treated your sisters better than that."

I paused. I finally understood why she was upset.

Sister. How could she ever think I thought of her like a sister?

I remembered the incident in the dressing room and cursed under my breath.

"No, I didn't –"

"Come on, Jay. Let's go get the stage ready." She took his hand and they left the bus.

I bashed my head against the countertop.

"Sister," I mumbled. "Why did I fucking say that?"

"Because you're stupid."

"Fuck off, Andy."

"Nah, I'm good."

I looked at him.

"Pete, c'mon. Quit wallowing, we have a show in 10 minutes and you're still here! Let's go, get moving!"

"Oh I'm coming, keep your chastity belt on."

He rolled his eyes and followed me out of the bus, my shoes scuffing childishly against the pavement. I was going to be in a sour, annoying, juvenile mood and I was going to hold a grudge, even if it killed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love you all dearly,
but please, please, please comment.
I won't update unless I get at least five new comments for this chapter!
Keep that in mind,
& happy reading.

:)