Guardian Angels

Update 8

"What brought you all here?' Dahl asked as we all sat down at the table that, usually only the three of us had shared.

"For some reason, all our parents decided to move into the area; and this being the closest school and all," Ray said explain the situation.

"So what's the plan for tonight?" Elly asked randomly, the guys basically looked confused as to what she was talking about.

"There is no plan," I said stabbing my fork into my 'Mac 'n cheese' as the lunch people had told me it was.

"Any ideas, Ell?" Dahlia asked her with a knowing look.

"Crash at my house tonight of course, we can get your stuff after school," she said shrugging.

"What exactly needs a plan?" asked Frank being rather nosey.

"This might explain something," she said licking her thumb and rubbing it against my jaw line before I could even move. The make-up that had been hiding my bruise was now on her finger. My heart was beating fast.

"Now Dahl nearly died of an asthma attack and apparently he threw you into something, anything else you didn't tell me this morning guys?" she said glaring at us slightly. We both bowed our heads; I was kind of irked at her for saying all that out loud in front of five guys we just met. Then there were gasp all around the table from the guys.

"Your Dad has been doing this crap to you since I met you in second grade, we should've put a stop to it then!" she hissed angrily.

"We know Elly, we know," I sighed loudly nodding, "so after school?"

"Damn straight," she said a smile spreading across her face causing the guys to smile as well. "I'm sorry guys, I just despise you father greatly, and I'm sure the feelings mutual." She said smiling still.

"So even though this is absolutely none of our business and we're basically lost, can I ask one question?" Frank asked with slight hesitation.

"Shoot," Dahl said nodding waiting for the question.

"If this has been going on for so long, how many people know about it?" Wow. That was pretty harsh.

"Our mom did, Elly does, and now," she paused, "you all." That's not too many.

"Wait," Gerard cut in, "your mom did? Your dad didn't-"

"No, no, no," I cut in quickly seeing where this question was heading, "She died of cancer when we were six. He probably contributed to her early death though," I murmured the last past sourly with anger dripping from my voice. "Do you guys promise not to tell anyone though? Its not something we need publicized across the school, or town for that matter," I added quickly.

"Only if you promise to not let him hurt you like he does from now on." Ray said looking between the rests of the guys, and getting nods of approval. Psh, like we can help that.

"Deal," Elly said taking our hands and putting them into the middle of the table on top of the guys hands that where already there.

"Deal," Dahlia and I both smiled, though mine was forced.

"So we promise to keep our mouths shut if you promise to let us help you out of this, agreed?
Mikey spoke up, everyone nodded in conclusion. I felt better knowing that someone else knew besides Elly and our dead mother. I felt safer some how. I let out a sigh of relief.

"What's up Ebbs?" Dahlia asked me concerned.

"I feel so much better." I smiled at her, as she smiled back grabbing my hand under the table giving it a squeeze.