Status: Halts.

Chasing Dreams

Inspired by the book called 'Indo Dreaming' by Neil Grant, it's prequel 'Rhino Chasing'

Series: Placebo Effect
One of Two

Also, the name didn't actually come from either of those books. It comes from the main character, Laruan, who's nickname is Chase, and dreams of her friend which is what has her travelling the globe.

Please note: that my writing style has changed and I have edited the story to suit it.

© Sweet December 2008

Introduction:-

Alcohol solves nothing. It's twice as bad the next day and usually, not all people, but usually like me, you get left with a hangover.

I watched Taj die. Taj Lewis, my best friend and twenty when he died; it is now a year on and his body was never found. My parent’s and my twin sister died when I was eleven. I come from New Zealand, but I couldn’t handle living there, so me and my cousin, Dodge, packed up and moved to Hawaii with Taj when we were sixteen after his father abandoned him. I surf every day in hope that I will find Taj and that he will come back to me.

I’ve known Taj since we were three years old, his mum died that year. We’ve always been there for each other and now… He’s gone.

Three weeks after Taj disappeared I started getting post cards from him, one a month, I have thirteen of them. They have the most beautiful breaks on them; they were the places we always talked about going too.

My dead friend is speaking to me though postcards, it's creepy, and yet I'm chasing him around the world. How much more bizarre could my life get?