Save Me One Last Time

Love Always.

Abby never did get to ask her question. She began to dose off. She couldn't seem to keep her eyes open. After sleeping on and off for about 9 hours, it happened. She took her last breathe. It all was like an outer body experience for Jimmy. It was both the fastest and longest night of his life. It was like Abby hadn't left him. He swore that she was going to walk right through the door at any moment.

The next day Jimmy received a call from Abby's lawyer. He asked Jimmy to come in and discuss Abby's will. Jimmy wasn't sure what to expect. He really didn't even give it much thought.

After the meeting he was going with Abby's parents to help plan the funeral. Abby always told him that when she died she didn't want a funeral. She wanted a big party. She wanted everyone to celebrate her life. Jimmy took a seat in the waiting room, just like the secretary had told him to do.

"Hello, Mr. Miller?"

Jimmy looked up. He saw a middle aged man. Light brown hair, just starting to go gray. He was pretty broad and built. The way you would expect a lawyer to look.

"Follow me please."

Jimmy followed him into his office.

"I suppose you have no idea why you are here..." Jimmy shook his head. "Abby wanted to keep this top secret. She made me swear to you that I wouldn't even tell you, even now.... You know I knew Abby since she was a small girl. She was always very bright. Extremely witty. Up until the end she would always challenge me to a game of wits. And not that I would ever admit this to her, but she normally won... Anyway, she wanted me to give this to you."

The lawyer slid an envelope to Jimmy. Jimmy picked it up and paused for a moment. He wasn't sure it was going to say. That unknown scared him for a minute.

He opened the letter and saw it was Abby's handwriting.

He began to read.

"Dearest Jimmy,

If you are reading this that means I am now gone. Not that I can saw for sure but I bet I miss you with all my heart. You were the best thing to ever happen to me. And I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I don't know how I could of done any of this without you. You know when we were in high school it use to kill me that we weren’t together. All those times I would see you upset over some other girl and I would wonder why that girl couldn't be me. I knew if I got that chance I would never hurt you. I would stick by you until the very end.

I never thought this would be the end. But i have to say I would never take back a second of our time together. You made me happy, so happy. You gave meaning to my last couple months on this earth. You were sweet and kind. You have to be the most amazing person I have ever met. That I swear.

However, I have a young daughter who has no one left. And I decided I want you to raise her. This is my last dieing wish. And I know it is selfish of me to ask you this. But like I said, you are amazing, the most amazing guy God ever created. And I want Lizzy to grow up with you as her father. I know you will give her everything she could ever ask for. I know you are going to be a wonderful father for her. The thought of you being there for Lizzy makes me feel a small bit better about me leaving her. She is going to need you.

Jimmy, you are my rock. You are the air I breathe. You are my soul. You are everything to me. Well, I guess now you were everything to me. Don't blame yourself. Live your life. I will always be in your heart. And when I am watching down on you from heaven, I want to know that you and Lizzy are both happy. I want you to remember me from time to time. And when you do I don't want you to cry. I want you to smile. I want you to remember all those late night talks we had in high school. I want you to remember our first kiss. When you hear our song I want you to think of our love.

Saying goodbye to you even in this letter is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I use to sit around and wish for a love like we had. I didn't think it was possible. But now thanks to you I know it is.

Lizzy needs you now. And I need you to be there for her. I want you to raise her. I want you to show her what she deserves. And one day I want you to walk her down the aisle to someone who cares as much for her as you do me. I’m counting on you.

Jimmy, I love you. And I know that sounds so cliché. But its the truth. I can not put into words how much I care for you. I wish I could. You have shown me the true meaning of love. And I want you to help Lizzy find it too.

Love Always,
Your Lina."
♠ ♠ ♠
im sooo sorry this chapter took me soo long to post. but its the last one! i hope you all enjoyed my story. it was a pleasure writing for youu. please, comment and rate. it still makes me happy. make sure youu look out for my new story which will be coming extremely soon! i promise.