Status: Active and forver seeking comments :)

The Voice Within

Luke

Luke’s POV

Luke was having the best day of his life. He was lying outside on the grass, waiting for Ronnie to come and pick him up, like she usually did. He was always the last one out and had taken to taking small relaxing naps in front of the school while he waited. But today Luke was too hot and excited to fall asleep. Instead the little six year old lay blissfully, hugging the warm grass to his stomach. He squinted his eyes up at the white clouds and thought over his lovely day.

In class, they had been allowed to draw, whatever picture they had wanted to draw. His first thought was to make a great star wars painting, but then he thought he could maybe make something nice for Ronnie. She had looked so sad yesterday, and she was always so happy with him when he presented her with any picture that he had drawn. In the end he decided to do both, starting with a quick star wars picture and then one for Ronnie. He drew her as a little girl, almost as small as him. She was crawling down in the corner of the page with blue painted tears running down her face and hot pink cheeks. He then added his dad, a tall bear that was towering over Ronnie, his fists were huge. Luke had been very proud of the picture; it was exactly what he wanted to give to Ronnie. He couldn’t understand why the teacher had looked so unhappy when she saw it. Still it had been a good day, and Luke was happy to wait as long as he had to for Ronnie.

Half an hour later she still wasn’t there and Luke was beginning to get impatient. He trudged back inside but was met by his teacher and another strange lady who smelt of sweets and roses. She was holding his picture in her hand and a star wars comic book in the other. Luke liked her immediately. He barely listened as she explained to him, that she was to take him home today, and that he needn’t worry because Ronnie was there already.

“Can I give her my picture then?” he asked clinging on to the lady’s dress, wondering where she was hiding the sweets.

“Maybe, but Ronnie’s very tired and confused at the moment. We found her collapsed at the park, but she’s okay now,” the woman sighed as she took Luke’s hand and led him to the car. “We have your father too, Luke. And as long as were looking after you, he’ll never hurt you again,” she added more to herself.

Luke wasn’t listening, too preoccupied with the comic and gummy bears in his hand. He decided the lady speaking nonsense and that he would have to ask Ronnie about it later. She always knew all the answers. He couldn’t wait to tell her of his lovely day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been such a long time since an update :P
It's short, but I promise you there is more comming x
Comments?