Green Day, Why Are You In My Room?

Chapter 10

Tre's POV

I slowly opened my eyes, noticing the ceiling of my living room above me. Where was I...and - argh...Why did my head hurt so badly??

I slowly sat up, the throbbing pain in my head nearly unbearable. Who had taken me home?

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. It was Tash...I had never been happier to see her.

"Are you OK?" she asked in concern.

I groaned. "Yeah...just my head. Argh!" I rubbed my temples.

She started to snigger.

"What?" I asked indignantly.

"Ah...just your eyeliner. Slightly smudged." She smiled at me. "Do you want something to drink?"

"Anything..." I mumbled, slumping back down. "And something for the headache."

Tash left for the kitchen, coming back with a lemonade and apsirin.

"I couldn't find any cold water in your fridge," she explained. "So, sugar's the next best thing."

I took the glass and swallowed four aspirin. Man, it was going to kill if I played the drums again.

"Who brought me home? I can't have driven home that drunk..."

"I did," she replied softly. "You were so badly smashed, you couldn't walk properly. Let alone drive a car. You couldn't go upstiars to your bed, so I had to set you up on the couch. Besides that, when you guys turned up in my room that morning, I had a massive hangover too. I owed you."

I felt my blood turn cold at the possibility that I may have ... done something to her. What if I had? What if I had screwed it all up...drunkenly, too?

"Did I...do anything stupid?" I asked hesitantly.

"No!" she answered smilingly. "All you did was collapse in a heap."

I sighed with relief. Thank God.

Tash's POV

OK, so he had said he loved me last night. But he was drunk. He can't have possibly meant it.

"C'mon...you should clean up," I said, helping him up. "You right to get up the stairs?"

"No, I think you'll have to carry me," he said with a grin.

"Nice try." I hit him on the arm. He shook his head and went upstairs.

Tre's POV

I dragged myself up those stairs. It seemed to take forever to get up there.

I went into the bathroom and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I was a mess. My hair was flat on one side, eyeliner all smudged and my face pale.

I turned on the shower nice and hot, scrubbing at my face. I changed into some clean clothes and reapllied my eyeliner. Maybe I would look all the more sexy with it on.

I came back downstairs and Tash was getting stuff out for breakfast.

"Do you have any ingredients here?" she asked incredulously.

I grinned. "Well...no. Let's just go out for breakfast."

"OK - I'll just get ready." She left for upstairs, and came back down within a few minutes.

"Want me to drive?" Tash offered.

"Yeah - that'd be great," I said, throwing her the keys. "Though, ding it in anyway, and I will kill you."

"I'd like to see you try," she said, also smiling. "Let's go."

We stopped off at McDonalds. Mcmuffins all around.

We went through the drive thru, getting coffee and food to take somewhere else.

"Hey Tash, can I drive?" I asked. "I wanna take you somewhere nice."

"Uh - sure." We switched places.

A few minutes later we arrived at our destination. I beautiful park - sweeping lawns, huge oak trees, a large water fountain. It was perfect.

"It's beautiful!" Tash gasped, getting out and looking around.

"C'mon...let's sit over here on the grass." We brought our food over and set up on the lawn. It was peaceful - barely anyone was around to disturb us.

"Not that many people seem to bother you guys around this town," Tash observed.

"Yeah - they're used to it. Its when we go places like other parts of America, Australia, or Canada...or Europe. People don't see us that often, so its a shock, I guess." I looked at her intently, observing ever feature of her face.

She looked back at me. "What?" she asked indignantly.

"Ah, be quiet," I grinned.

"Nothing'll shut me up. I just want your headache to worsen. Nothing will - "

I leant forward and kissed her.

"Except for that."

I smiled and we kissed again.

And she was a good kisser.